Any news on an Active Huel

Hello there Huelers,

I’m a guy, 1.9 meters tall, weight about 75kg and is quite active. I eat a lot, but have a harder time gaining weight.

I’m a bit concerned that eating Original Huel gives me too many vitamins and minerals compared to the amount of energy/fat/protein my body needs.

Would like to hear if anyone feel the same and also wish Huel had an Active variant of their product?

We have discussed this in the past. You shouldn’t need to worry about getting too many vitamins and minerals from Huel.

I seem to remember reading that actually, exercise can increase our need for vitamins and minerals. A quick search on Google brings up these two articles which seem to confirm this:

Role of micronutrients in sport and physical activity | British Medical Bulletin | Oxford Academic.

Prolonged strenuous exercise performed on a regular basis may also result in increased losses from the body or in an increased rate of turnover, resulting in the need for an increased dietary intake. An increased food intake to meet energy requirements will increase dietary micronutrient intake, but athletes in hard training may need to pay particular attention to their intake of iron, calcium and the antioxidant vitamins.

Prolonged exercise performed on a regular basis may result in increased micronutrient losses from the body or in an increased rate of turnover, resulting in the need for an increased dietary intake.

It might be worth getting @JamesCollier’s view on this, though.

2 Likes

201cm here and long distance, multi-marathon and ultra marathon runner.

Deffo don’t worry about too many vitamins. How many people take a multivitamin a day and continue to eat. If a single multivitamin has 100%+ of your RDA of all the vitamins and minerals your body needs and then… eat an apple, or then eat normal food.

Completely throws out your RDA of everything.

4 Likes

Thanks @Marcus. All seconded from this end, excess vitamins are easily excreted or used up by the body. I would wager that by eating a diet of whole foods you would regularly be going over your limit of many micronutrients. For example, by eating a bowl of porridge that contains 80g of oats, you are already 50% over your limit of Manganese.

I hope that answers your concerns. We are concentrating on leading with 1 or 2 great products rather then lots of slightly varied products.

3 Likes

This make sense :slight_smile: Thank you for your answers and links to resources.

1 Like