FatboySlim

Hi Nimz. Great thread by the way. I was meaning to ask you if you are doing any form of moderate exercise on your journey. I might have missed the part where you spoke about this.

In a level scoop (38g) of Huel there are 152.76 cals.

So 2 scoops would be like a light to medium meal, and 3 scoops would be like a main meal.

300 calories in a light to medium meal is perfect. I would also recommend that you shoot for about 500 calories less than your maintenance calorie requirements. (i,e the amount of calories required to keep you at your current weight). It puts you in a healthy deficit.

If you lower your calorie intake too much you will end up losing muscle mass if we are to believe bodybuilders like Tom Venuto. Muscle mass is very important because it aids in body fat loss, however if you are purely just looking to lose weight and donā€™t care what that weight is, then lower your caloriesā€¦but donā€™t kill yourself :wink:

That is great advice and very helpful. I have started Huel this week but am struggling with it. Iā€™ve bought about 6 months supply but at the moment Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll finish 6 days. Iā€™ve put flavor in the mix with strawberry Huel but still get that oaty after taste just as you swallow. I know itā€™s a case of no pain no gain but feel this maybe a step to far. Thanks for your reply thoughKind regards Anthony Parker

Hi, my day jobs keep me moving, one of which all my feet all day the other a mix of office work and physical work. But I am hoping to introduce yoga to start with as I use to do it before

Hi AntJ, I too struggled with taste. Try making the shake night before and use ice and a blender. By morning the shake is a lot more mellow.
I add chia seeds to mine and also a frozen fruit pack this works for me, maybe worth a try?
I dislike the vanilla on its own and especially if mixed in the shaker.

Hola!
Yes Iā€™m still here and still on Huel after a very long break.
This is week two of 250g a day plus dinner
Currently weighing in @ 107.8kg so the lightest I have been so far.

3 Likes

Wondered how you were getting on mate
Same here bit of a break then back to huel for breakfast. Going for breakfast and lunch these next few weeks before a trip away :sunglasses:#beachbod #maybenot

Nice to see this post an seeing comments on Huel use over the year!! I only started HUeling two weeks ago. 3lb down in the first week with 2 meals of HUel and a normal dinner! And this week i have been on HUel only. (for a week only i am going to start evning meals again next week) but not sure if i have lost this week. weigh in next Tuesday. Im excited to see where il be this time next year with Huel. loving it. :slight_smile:

Good luck! If u stick with it your progress can be amazing, unfortunately for me I was start/stop but I still have progressively and very slowly lost weight. To be honest the last two weeks reminded me why I loved huel and that reason is the sheer convenience of it. I use to rarely have lunch on time and often skip breakfast and now itā€™s a no brainer.
Good luck again

@Benj082 the hashtags :joy::joy::joy::joy:
Itā€™s like my yearly mantra!
Good to hear Iā€™m not the only one of a zero hours huel contract!
#onelesstyre