Feedback on the flavour pouches please!

Our Huel flavours systems are now down to £7.50! We know how much you all love them.

Get yourself one here - https://huel.com/collections/other-huel-products/products/natural-flavour-and-sweetener-pouches

Unfortunately we are currently still out of Banana, Strawberry and P&C. Strawberry will be back this week!

Hope this helps the wallets out, even if it is only a little!

Well that’s nay good ta me, capt’n :wink:

Thankfully, I’ve still got some left anyway.

It would be nice if they came with a ‘flavour scoop’. I find myself putting in random amounts of flavouring, because I’ve no clue how much I need; so a scoop with the right amount would be handy.

2 Likes

We have the Strawberry and the Pineapple and Coconut flavour systems back in stock and online for you to order!

1 Like

After putting too much of a flavour in once and almost exploding, I’ve found half a teaspoon is more than enough in a 3-scoop vanilla Huel mix. Adds a bit of a twist and varies it up, made a Huel only diet much easier psychologically.

2 Likes

If you ever want an intense flavour experience, try licking the spoon afterwards :scream: :grin:

2 Likes

I’d like to see the pouches upgraded like the Huel pouches were

1 Like

Personally I found the chocolate (only one ive tried) and vanilla combo too sweet. It’s OK with u+u but I’m still not keen on it. However I’ve never liked any product I’ve tried with stevia in it, so it appears to just be me.

After having a chance to try all of them I’ve had lots of testing… My faves are:

Chocolate
Banana
Mocha

Toffee (just about makes it in my buy-again list - it tastes a little artificial to me)

Strawberry (doesn’t quite taste like strawberry to me - it almost got there, but it’s not on my buy again list)

Rhubarb and Custard (nope)
Pineapple and Coconut (absolutely nope)

I’m surprised by the last two, because they sound like they should be good!

I would love to try just Custard (which I guess would actually be vanilla flavour - which I’d love to see as a pouch) and also just Coconut on it’s own.

The mixed flavours don’t seem to do it at all for me.

It’s interesting how people’s taste buds are so different. I love Pianapple and Coconut, and I like Strawberry.

I really like the toffee, I don’t know why! Thanks for the feedback all. We will look into better pouches certainly.

I’ve tried a few of the flavours now, but I find with most of them I have to put in twice as much as recommended to be able to tell which flavour I’m tasting. The strawberry has a particularly weak flavour, and just has a more sharp taste, I suppose due to the citric acid. It’s similar with The pineapple to a lesser degree, and I can’t taste any coconut in there. I’ve also tried the rhubard & custard and the the toffee which don’t seem quite so weak, but again if I use the recommended 2g per 100g of Huel, it’s difficult to tell what I’m tasting. When I open the pouches I get a strong, distinct smell from each, but the flavour seems to get lost when mixed with the Huel.

I get the same with the vanilla Huel, a lovely strong smell when I open the pouch but all I can really taste if I don’t add extra flavouring is just the sweetness, which I don’t find is too much, just I’d like to taste some vanilla with it.

Of course by doubling how much of the flavourings I add, I’m also doubling the amount of maltodexrin and the sweetness from the stevia.

I’m otherwise really happy with the Huel. Now I’ve gone 100% (partly as an elimination diet, and partly to lose some weight) I find it really easy to stick to it and maintain self control not to snack so much.

:slight_smile:

I love the Pineapple & Coconut, the Rhubarb & Custard and the Strawberry.

The current Toffee flavour tastes of sugar rather than toffee (I’m sure there was a better tasting one when it had colouring.)

The chocolate one was better than I expected. I didn’t see the point when you could just use any number of cocoa powders or hot chocolates. But it definitely does work better with Huel than any of those.

I’ve been using the vanilla Huel for 2 months+ now and I love it. I try to flavour it with things other than the flavour pouches as the reviews are so mixed. I use the breville blendactiv to make all my Huel drinks so I always add 4-5 ice cubes which make a huge difference to the taste and consistency!

Here are my favourite flavours:

Vanilla Huel with:
1 heaped teaspoon of raw cacao powder
3 X drops of peppermint flavour drops
(This is a dream as I’m a massive mint choc chip fan) got both cacao and mint drops from Amazon - both suitable for vegans.
1 heaped teaspoon of raw cacao
2 heaped teaspoons of coffee granules (or a large espresso if I can be bothered to use my machine)
(This is like a thick mocha choca latte frap - heaven)
Mixed frozen berries - I’ve tried strawberry, raspberry and blueberries; mixed and alone and they all taste great - strawberry is the best and the blueberry can give you lots of dark bits in your teeth so maybe avoid this one while you’re out and about :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
This is one that I use on heavy gym days like legs and back, I have this one post workout for an extra protein kick
30g of chocolate protein powder
4 X mint flavour drops
This makes the consistency a lot thicker, more like a milkshake but it feels like a real treat after a big session. I feel that there is generally enough protein in the Huel anyway but it’s a great way to add a bit more without increasing your fat and carb intake. If I was looking to lean down a little I’d probably do this more and cut down on the grams of Huel for a couple of weeks until they bring out the lower carb version.

Generally loving the versatility of the Huel and the results!!

2 Likes

I have just finished my first bag of vanilla Huel. I have a really sweet tooth and have tried the toffee, rhubarb n custard and the banana.

I really liked the toffee one, It adds a different flavour without giving a sugar craving.

BUT I don’t like the other two flavours!!! The banana flavoured had a nasty artificial taste, reminded me of that yellow antibiotics kids have. The rhubarb and custard one smelt gorgeous, but was quite bland, so I increased it to 1.5g in 50g Huel, but didn’t like the ‘sugar free’ aftertaste.
The rhubarb and custard one arrived in a sticky pack and wasn’t fully sealed in the bag - but the office smelt lovely for a while, lol !!!

I reluctantly bought the toffee pouch with my first batch of Huel in case I couldn’t handle the whole 2 bags on their own. While the powder smells very strong I’ve been unable to really taste it despite using a little over the recommended amount. Will have to try adding more. I would like to say though that there should be an option for little samples of the flavours when first buying, as £7.50 seems a bit much to risk. It might drum up some more sales. I’d certainly be tempted to buy others if I could try them first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The first flavour pouch we bought was banana.

He doesn’t like it because he says it tastes too artificial, like those foam banana sweets you get. I really like it, although for exactly the same reason. :slight_smile:
I was hoping for something a bit like the banana flavouring in Frijj and stuff like that (which is also quite an ‘artifical’ banana flavour, although I prefer to think of it as ‘styleised’ :stuck_out_tongue: ) so I’m happy. Especially as I don’t have to share it now.
I think I’m going to try strawberry next.
I’m not going to try chocolate or mocha as I’m very satisfied with the results I’ve had with instant coffee and cocoa powder though.

1 Like

I’ve tried both Pineapple and Coconut and Rhubarb and Custard, but not any of the others. Both have been used as instructed with Huel (Unflavoured and Unsweetened) 2.0.

I like both. Pineapple and Coconut is my favourite of the two, because it tastes really pineapple-y and coconutty. And, since I am mixing up my Huel in the shaker rather than blending it, the flavour is good enough that my brain is tricked into thinking that the ‘bits’ in the Huel mix are dessicated coconut particles.

Rhubarb and custard is a more subtle flavour. I wouldn’t say it tastes especially strongly of either rhubarb or custard, but it has a pleasant, pudding-y taste that isn’t too sweet.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi All, thank you for the feedback.

We will be producing sample sizes soonish - with 1 month hopefully.

In terms of banana tasting artificial, that is strange as it’s made with natural ingredients and natural sweetener too.

1 Like

I’ve used both the banana flavour pack and real banana. The banana flavour pack makes Huel taste quite similar to what a real banana does, but possibly even more bananary.