Help with Huel

Hi all.
I need help using huel. This is the second time I’ve been using it.

My stats are
33 years old
5ft 5in
12 stone (75kg)

Basically I use huel three times a day, 3 scoops in the morning for breakfast, 3 scoops at 1 o’clock for lunch and three scoops at 6 o’clock for dinner. This totals to about 1500 calories. I have also tried 1 and a half scoops for breakfast 1 and a half scoops for mid morning snack, 3 scoops for lunch, 1 and a half scoops for dinner and one and a half scoops for evening snack, still totalling 1500 calories.

I do this 7 days a week and nothing else except on a Saturday dinner I have a cheat meal and Sunday dinner I have a roast.

I also go to the gym 3 times a week Monday Wednesday and Fridays, I do 15 minutes of cardio and one hour of weights.

Nothing seems to be changing and I’ve been going to the gym for nearly 9 months now and the last month I have been using huel also.

My weight is still 12 stone it did go up to 12 stone in 3 and dropped back down again but cannot get it under 12 stone I need to really be between 10 and 11 stone.

I also measured my stomach last month and it was 39 inches and now I’ve measured it again this month and it is now 40 inches, and for the last 30 days I have been doing 100 press-ups a day as seen on a YouTube video to help with stomach fat but with no success again.

I don’t know what to do now as I have tried meal prepping. SlimFast plan, Juice Plus and I was hoping Huel would be the one.

Am I doing something wrong
Thanks

Hi,

Huel has been the only thing that has worked for me - I have been on Huel since February and I went from 12 stone 9lbs to 11 stone really easily. Also the weight has stayed off…

I also had 3 meals of 3 scoops a day - the only difference was I took my Huel between 1pm and 9pm.

I did not do any exercise either - except three 1 mile walks with the dog every day.

Now I am at my target weight and - incredibly - being told by my wife I need to put weight on…I am having an evening meal but I am still sticking with Huel twice a day and only eating between 1pm and 9pm .

Try missing out on breakfast - the first couple of days I was hungry but honestly I never think about it now. I also cut all the crap from my diet even at weekends - no crisps and nothing with sugar…

I am off to see Spiderman now and instead of sitting in the cinema guzzling away on the popcorn like a chipmunk, its a black coffee and a Huel bar - changed days indeed !

Good luck !

1 Like

Thanks. I never eat breakfast before huel so I’m used to it if I try your way. I thought my weight/metabolism problems were because I wasn’t having breakfast which is why i started doing 3 shakes - 9am, 1pm and 6pm. Then I did half shake at 9am half shake and 11am full shake 2pm half shake 5pm half shake 8pm. Nothing is working and I’m getting fatter. Almost getting to the point of seeing the doctor

I know it sounds odd, but only 1500 calories a day does not seem enough for someone that goes to the gym 3 times a week.

What do you do in the gym? 100 press ups a day is good, but it’s not going to burn fat.

First off, don’t miss breakfast. You need to fuel your body. If your hungry, your body will turn what you do eat in to fat to store for later.

My advise is to try Insanity if you want to get in to shape. Don’t worry too much about what the scales say, if you do the insanity programme (circuit training with no equipment needed) you will be the best version of you. You will look and feel great! And Huel is the right food to fuel your body.

Also just went to see Spider-Man. It was awesome!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I have done insanity and t25. Jogged 4 miles every morning for a month. Meal prepped meat and greens. Pedal bike when I can. At the gym I do 5 mins on the treadmill, stepper and rowing machine to warm up then 1 hr of weights 3 set of 10 - 12 reps.

Have you tried my fitness pal? Or another app
I use my fitness pal with Fitbit.
I’m 5ft 9 and was 99.3kg now I am 93.7kg I use the apps for counting caleries and steps etc.
It will help with your calerie count.
I’ve been using Huel for 3 months 1meal per day and counting my caleries. Don’t have the time to go the gym but do a fair amount of walking approx 5000 steps per day, worth a try.

Hi andy. Yes i do use my fitness pal. Although I just have 3 huel shakes a day and nothing else so it’s easy to calorie count. I feel like I should be eating more calories but 3 shakes at 1500 calories has me full already???

All guides say I should have at least 1800 calories to loose weight and 2200 to maintain. So shouldn’t 1500 plus gym work and some bike riding and walking work wonders?

Hi Hagland,

It really is odd that you aren’t losing weight if you are definitely under your calories. If I were you I would take a log of everything you’ve eaten and all activity you’ve done and take it to your doctor, just for peace of mind more than anything. Definitely wouldn’t want to reduce calories or increase activity any further! How do you feel energy wise?

My energy is fine. I am able to walk for 3 hours straight or bike for the same. I dont get tired at the gym. I am also doing a 100 sit ups a day for 30 days and feel fine.

I used to only eat dinner at 6pm only and can still work all day or do anything for that matter

Sit ups aren’t great. Consider reverse sit ups at least as an alternative :slight_smile:

Something doesn’t add up… your body is not following the rules!

I do think its the calories I take in. Today was the 1st time I did 4 shake at 3 scoops which is 1836 calories plus my protein shake which is 92 calories coming it at 1928 calories. I also startes the day with a black coffee no sugar

All I can say us I feel much better with more energy and not as hungry even though I had to force 4 shakes.

I did the shakes at
9am
12pm
3pm
6pm
Gym at 7:30pm - 9pm
Protein shake straight after

I will see how this goes for any weight Loss but I still might need some extra calories maybe.