How did we get here?

Recommended by @Helin86 still going … it must be close to 12 months now :+1:

1 Like

I found Huel after looking online for a Soylent type food that could be bought in the UK.

I didn’t get straight to Huel. I tried a few of the alternatives first. They weren’t exactly what I needed but they were enough to get me interested in the concept so I kept researching on the net and trying different brands until I found Huel.

I settled on Huel because the large bag made it easier to set my own portion sizes and the combination of Vanilla, Uf/Us and the flavour pouches (plus other flavourings) makes it possible to have a greater variety of flavours. I also find Huel keeps me feeling fed for a little longer than some of the others.

1 Like

I read about Soylent years ago. When I heard that Huel was UK equivalent, I jumped on board! I believe I ordered my first batch about 13 months ago. I didn’t know anyone else using it, but at my new job (started about 5 months ago) there’s 3 or 4 other Huel users in the office :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a year 3 weeks ago :+1:t4:

1 Like

Looking for gluten free food I found this.

1 Like

Same Dave Gorman! :joy:

1 Like

I clicked on a Facebook advert, and after doing that several times suddenly decided to try some! Really glad I did!

An advert in Instagram brought me to the website. Vegan, gluten free, low cost and convenience got me to order my first packs today. I doubt im a target demographic either. Live in the North East, over 50, and relatively low income. But I’ll give it a try and if it fixes the what to take to work for a healthy lunch and how to stick to the 5:2 diet without spending all day thinking about food, then I’m a convert :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I went vegan for Veganuary 2017 and it has stuck. This was mainly for environmental reasons, although I find the ethical and health reasons increasingly compelling. However, I’m not dropping any weight (I need to!) - mainly because it’s easy to substitute omni junk food with vegan junk, and going vegan is no barrier to overeating! I kept trying to move towards clean(er) eating/ plant based whole foods but wow, those recipes are complicated and alien to me. I kept wishing there was a vegan version of Slimfast, so I could just get a break from all that worrying about food. Then I saw the Huel add on Facebook… (and so much better than Slimfast!). I’m only a couple of weeks in to my Huel journey, so still experimenting to see if I can make it work for me. I find the whole concept intriguing, but have a life time of struggling with binge eating, so will have to see where this takes me.

4 Likes

I knew someone who knows the boss man so contacted via her. Got a free bag of Vanilla which I had to throw away as too sweet. Came back when the U/U was launched

Not sure why people don’t think they’re the target demographic! Last I checked all humans need a good balanced diet? Unless I’m talking to chatbots on here :unamused:

Just received my first batch today.

Ads for Huel have been appearing in my FB feed since I went vegan just over a year ago.

Thing is I originally went vegan for health reasons (now it’s all about the animals) but to tell the truth I’ve been surviving on vegan junk food so it’s time to change.

The ‘target’ demographic is revealed by the advertising; it’s mostly young, fit, well dressed, apparently affluent people.
Advertisers (I speak from experience) show us what we are or what we wish we were or what we aspire to be.
Just because that’s Huel’s ‘target’ demographic doesn’t mean that it isn’t suitable for other demographics.
I don’t think anyone would advertise a food product using old fat unfit paupers who need a wash - but perhaps they should!

Um, I can’t remember how I ended up here [edges towards door].

2 Likes

Facebook advert. Maybe their algorithms targeted me because I was searching for Soylent at the time.

I’d been seeing it for weeks maybe months on Facebook but kept ignoring it. One day I had to click and what I read sounded good :slight_smile:

Can I have a job here?

1 Like

Saw an advert on FB that coincided with a fitness effort and was sufficiently curious to investigate…