How do you flavour your Huel?

Vegemite Huel is pretty rank and I thought vegemite was impossible to go wrong.

I was wondering if anyone had tried the flavour sachets from ramen noodles (a-la orange is the new black)?

1 Like

Could be interesting!

@Inky I completely missed that you had tried Marmite! I thought you were making a reference to the ā€œLove it or you Hate itā€ Marmite slogan! Saltiness overpowering. How much would you say you used?

@TimOfficeHuel I tried it again this morning with breakfast. I put about 1/2 of a tsp in with 130g of Huel. This time it is less salty but also marmite-y. I would definitely put more in next time. As always with Marmite I find that I have to discover the ā€˜sweet spotā€™, where there is enough of the nice marmite taste but not too much salt.

1 Like

Has anyone tried Bacon salt? Bacon flavouring! We get so many people on Facebook saying they prefer eating meat etc. Would be amazing if we could develop a bacon flavouring that actually tasted good!

I tried Huel with food flavourings available in the baking aisles of most supermarkets. Guys, stick with the flavoured packets sold by Huel. I threw an entire bottle of strawberry food flavouring into this morningā€™s mix and it did naff all.

3 Likes

UU huel with banana and peanut butter makes for a weird yet delicious savory banana experience!!

3 Likes

Yesterday I tried adding pickle juice. I really like pickles so I thought this might be a good idea. I was wrong.

8 Likes

Sounds revolting! Brave move trying that.

OMFG is all I will say :wink:

I really like a handful of almonds (about 10) in the blend. I blend them up in a little water first and then ad the Huel. Iā€™ve tried and liked walnuts in the same way. Iā€™ve also tried a pinch of cinnamon with both of them and thatā€™s added a nice flavour too.

2 Likes

Tonight I found a bottle of apple pie monin syrup when I was out, just put that with vanilla Huel and some cinnamon, itā€™s beautiful

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised this hasnā€™t come up before but Iā€™m sure many of you have tried different milks and waters: Cowā€™s, Soy, Rice, Oat, Almond, VitaCoco, Flax, Cashew, Hazelnut, Hemp. There are probably plenty more Iā€™m missing, who knew you could milk these things?!

What do you like? I personally stick with water but I know you innovators like to mix it up!

I was having mine with rice milk over the weekend. It did make a big difference, really nice!

I like 250ml almond 250ml water and 100g vanilla Huel. I find that if I drink it straight away the taste is bitter, but leave it overnight in the fridge and it is deliciousā€¦and eaten later at room temp tastes a little like ready brek.

Tried one mean today with 1 tsp raw cacoa powder added and that was lovely.

If it helps I always blend in a Vitamix not the shaker.

I have just ordered some of these in raspberry, white chocolate and toffee flavours. This morning I tried some of the white chocolate drops with my vanilla but it was far too sweet. Iā€™ll update further when I try it with my U/U mix.

EDIT: Flavouring U/U with flavdrops is a WINNER! I add 10 drops to 600ml of Huel and itā€™s amazing! Toffee has a nice oaty ā€˜bakedā€™ taste (like toffee pudding) and raspberry tastes like a milkshake. Definitely recommend these!

Combinations Iā€™ve tried in the past include:

• Banana and peanut butter

• Frozen berries and cinnamon

• Coffee and cacao powder

In terms of milks, I occasionally mix with coconut milk or any of the nut-based milks.

4 Likes

Hi,

I am on second batch of huel and have been experimenting with unflavour/unsweetened. I have just tried with the below cup soup, it worked very well. Made cup soup w/ 400ml water and mixed with 150ml cold water, this is to stop it going so gloopy by being too hot. I then added 3 scoops of U/U huel and shook! I also found it felt more filling and that the ā€˜aromatic thai spicesā€™ helped overpower the flavours which was good.

5 Likes

So much love for this! Wow, what a great idea! Huel Thai broth. I wonder if we could create a flavour system like thisā€¦

1 Like

Please try :slight_smile: Itā€™d be amazing to have an easy savoury option that wasnā€™t full of salt and additives (which I know you guys wouldnā€™t go for!). Or: offering a low-salt Huel designed for use with an appropriately salted savoury flavour system?

I drink mine mostly with milk (semi or whole) and occasionally a BIG spoon of natural yoghurt and for flavour I use standard Nesquik.

1 Like