Huel 2.2 - texture

just discovers a few ice cubes in there help mix it up when shaking

Soā€¦ less than the recommended ratios? Basically the exact same thing as just adding more water.

This topic is too repetitive, I honestly think we should be focus in others aspects, I donā€™t mind if it is a little bit more think I would like the focus to be in healthā€¦ I mean we are getting a bit obsessed with all of thisā€¦

I am happy with the new version, I would say that the taste is softer not as strong as before, and I and happy about the new changes chosen to improve the recipe, and that is what I like more, a complete product in terms of nutrition, if you want a less thick product with a nice flavour chemically done and not as nutritionally complete then you can find many alternatives, I chose huel because it really makes me feel better than other solutions Iā€™ve tried and overall I think it is a good product.

Please team, donā€™t lose the focus and keep going!.

1 Like

What now?

Thatā€™s why we all chose Huel. Some of us disagree on the good product facet though, in recent iterations. Thatā€™sā€¦ why weā€™re here.

No. We can do both.

I concur.

1 Like

I was talking about the competitors flavour (chemically done), I donā€™t know why but I feel huel much more ā€˜naturalā€™ than other brands, basically that is why I am not interested in the flavours pouches huel are selling, I want innovation but based in nutrition rather than thickness or flavour which I find them more than ok. I prefer them (the team) to be focus in nutrition as I am trusting their recipe, so I would say my health is in their hands as I am drinking loads of huel, thickness apartā€¦

1 Like

The thickness isnā€™t natural, for U&U it has been artificially thickened with gum to try and bring it in line with vanilla.

1 Like

What Matt said. Used to be you could put 100g in 400mil and itā€™d be the thickness of milk, basically. The viscosity has since been doubled, by way of the gum blend. For no other reason than that ā€œpeople asked for itā€.

Iā€™ve been on 1600-2000cal for 16 months now, daily. I trust their nutrional work.

I just canā€™t drink it any more.

1 Like

The thickness doesnā€™t bother me at all, however the lumps Iā€™m experiencing with U/U gluten free are so annoying. First 300ml, 3 scoops and shake (without grid), top of to a total of 700ml water. Than Iā€™ll add some ice cubes top of with the grid. Does not matter how long I shake (10 seconds to a minute?) but the lumps will stay.

I think this picture says it all. :unamused: No problems with lumps with 2.1 at all with less water.

I could use a blender and all, but thatā€™s not what I use Huel for, I want it to be easy!
Hope you really can figure this out.

1 Like

+1 new version 2.2 is awful I want to throw it away to be honest. Can you swap for 2.1 it really is that bad!

Batch info says:

3019 11:01 am
05/2018 11-05-17

Huge negative impact with the new version.

Just to add Vanilla with sweetener version.

Regular U/U; way more lumpy & much thicker than any 2.1 batch.

Batch # 2964 02:56 PM

That looks gross.

Huel guys - has the problem batch been identified? My subscription is supposed to fire off tomorrow so will freeze that if this is whatā€™s on the way, until the problem is sorted.

Cheers

Yeah, thatā€™s what left, hold by the grid, when finished. The rest is perfectly eatable. But now I am just throwing away a bunch of Huel (the lumps) which is a waste.

Have you thought about taking the grid out and putting a mixing ball in?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve done and have zero lumps.

Just ordered one of these, hoping itā€™ll make a difference. Theyā€™re about 99p on ebay (or Ā£1.35 for 2) when I looked, figure itā€™s worth a punt for a quid.

I am not using the grid while shaking. But will try a mixer ball.

I donā€™t understand how this is happening. Maybe youā€™re not shaking it vigorously enough?

I use 500ml water then add 3 scoops on top of that, close shaker, shake for 10 seconds and donā€™t have any lumps at all.

Also using 2.2.

Are you using gluten free? I am using 2.2 gluten free.

I love 2.2 and am having no problems with mixing (though I am using a blender, albeit a very rubbish one). I like the thickness and would definitely not want it to be any thinner. But I do like thick shakes.

I am using normal 2.2. Maybe gluten free is the problem then? Hmm.