Huel Bar - now available to pre-order, for dispatch on the 20th Dec

Would be interested to hear what they taste like…!

DPD must be up early in my neck of the woods. Breakfast, tea and a dystopian novel - Tea and cake, Oryx and Crake! What’s not to like?

3 Likes

My DPD driver made good time :slight_smile:

Edit - okay just polished off that bar. I think the taste and texture is spot on, seems nice and “natural” not like a lot of protein bars etc. The bar is also pretty big and filling - I was surprised by how much food it seems like for 250cals.

Love it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

7 Likes

Huel, Linux and Business Cat… 3 of my favourite things, in one photo! :smile:

5 Likes

Bars & pudding flavour Huel have arrived

Christmas has come early :grin:

4 Likes

When will we be able to preorder the bars?

This offer seems to be limited to almost every country apart from Germany at this point in time. This is a bit disappointing, as I’d been checking in every day waiting to order my bars, only to find that everyone can order them but us :frowning:

Wot no bananas?

1 Like

Had my first bar today. Overall I thought it was OK. I had never eaten a bar like this before and I found the bar quite dry and chewy. I was told by someone who had eaten “protein” bars before that this is to be expected and it’s probably a result of not wanting to put too much bad stuff in there. Amazing how ones taste has essentially been ruined by what tastes good over what is good for you. I remember how I was with my first Huel drink so expect there to be a little adjustment curve for the bar also.

I think the box design could benefit from a rework. Maybe a design with a solid base which can have the nutritional information on it and the top which opens can be more branded with “Huel Bars”.

Will post another update in a few weeks with how the bars have panned out.

@ryanhellyer we are on it, should be before Friday.

We are trying to recruit a Country Manager for German but it proving somewhat problematic. Our German team member left to go travelling so we are left with no German speaking cover.

We set up a dedicated German website to give better service, fully translated and priced in local currency, but it’s proving harder to manage than we imagined.

Seems like an opportunity there @ryanhellyer

Here is the job advert - https://de.indeed.com/Zeige-Job?t=country+manager+marketing+manager+germany&jk=3c38dd9e9817bfdd&_ga=1.65402478.1754042723.1472502120

Exciting opportunity is that, makes me wish I’d paid attention in GCSE German :frowning:

Well, Huel is all about convenience. With the powder, all you have to do is shake it up with water and it’s ready. With the bar, you don’t even need to do that, so takes convenience to the next level.

I can see the place the bar has, as a convenient snack while you’re out. But the powder will be the majority of my Huel.

Thanks for the explanation Julian :slight_smile:

I’ll send that to some relevant people. Perhaps one of them will be interested.

The job involves translating stuff to German. I sound like an orangutan with a head injury when I speak German, so this is perhaps not the job for me :wink:

Why are @archimedes posts hidden? They are very valid points.

I got the bars today. It’s going to be hard to stomach after a couple of days. They aren’t terrible, they just taste a bit dry and have a ‘protein’ taste.

I think it will be cheaper to buy a healthy nice sandwich instead. It’s a tough one as you can buy healthy snacks from anywhere which is very convenient unless your on the front lines of a war; a bag of nuts, sandwich, a chicken breast

I had a comment hidden the other day too. I suspect it’s just an overly zealous system for hiding content which other forum members disagree with (based on the flagging system).

1 Like

Hi @huelme, @ryanhellyer is correct. His posts were flagged by the community and his posts didn’t agree with the forum rules. https://discuss.huel.com/faq

Blimey…been here for ages…yet oonly just read the guidelines…and earned a badge for it too…what a good boy scout I am.

2 Likes

Well i will edit the post then so it can be visible

It seems anything slightly negative about huel and it gets jumped on

Tell me which bits you have a problem with and i will adjust them, then it can be unhidden …

I think it is good to have a negative opinion about something sometimes, and Huel as a company seems open to negative BUT constructive input, but you sometimes come across as a bit of a troll, whether intentional or not (now I love a bit of trolling myself but some places are more strict than others, and alas this forum may be stricter than most).

I’m personally not really a fan of censorship, but it’s not my board.

2 Likes