Huel cookies/biscuits

Had a quick try at baking with Huel today. A semi-success.

150g Huel
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon butter
1 egg
(based on the cookie recipie on the Huel homepage)

Using the above recipie I got nine Huel biscuits. Quite dry though, so I might put a bit of icing on them.

Anyone out there got a good Huel cookie recipie?

@ronnietucker there is another recipes for biscuits here: http://huel.com/pages/how-to-use-huel

Would love to see some photos of your attempts. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m growing to like them. Theyā€™re more like shortbread/biscuit than cookies, but Iā€™m OK with that.

Hereā€™s the bog standard 1.0 version:

Then I upgraded them to v1.1 with some icing (icing sugar and water with a drop of strawberry flavouring):

2 Likes

Looking pretty damn good.

1 Like

I might try the Huel biscuits recipe from the ā€˜How toā€™ page with the unsweetened-and-unflavoured version. If I do, Iā€™ll let you know how it went!

1 Like

Here is another idea - Huel bread. One of our users made.

2 Likes

Made with the unsweetened-and-unflavoured Huel. They were popular with family and friends!

6 Likes

Did Kirsty mention the recipe? Iā€™d love to try that. That is THE Kirsty Hawkshaw, right? Getting all nostalgic here. Obviously this weird kitchen experience in the 1990ā€™s led to her wanting something simpler to wash-up! :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwNNw0u97Y

@HarryTuttle yes it does look like its THE Kirsty. Her twitter page links to: https://www.facebook.com/kirstyhawkshawofficial/info/?tab=page_info

A rather impressive list of of collaborations.

1 Like

I made another batchā€“this time with caramel nut flavouring instead of hazelnut.

2 Likes

Nice!

What recipie did you use for your cookies?

@2958302 Iā€™m very impressed. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I used the ā€œHuel Biscuitsā€ recipe from the Huel page, but instead of 2 tsp of vanilla flavouring, I used 1 tsp of sugar-freeā€“and artificial sugar-freeā€“coffee flavouring (Hazelnut or caramel nut) that needed using up.

These look good. How many cookies would equal a meal? Can you eat them as a meal instead of drinking huel?

2 Likes

Absolutely delicious cookies, dusted with dark chocolate. <3
I have a cookie for my breakfast with a coffee, Huel shake for lunch (with added banana) and homemade soup for dinner.

1 Like

Tried some Huel baking again today. Altered a bog standard muffin recipe to use Huel instead of plain flour. It was a semi-success. The output was edible, so that was good :smile: but the muffins didnā€™t rise much. So theyā€™re more like Huel cup cakes than muffins. Not sure if it was down to not enough baking powder, or just Huel acting differently from plain flour.

EDIT: In hindsight, I think my dough was too thick and sticky. Maybe it needed more milk?

Anyway, my recipe was:

1 egg
120ml full fat milk
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
200g of Huel
50g of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Mix the wet stuff, mix the dry stuff. Mix them both together and put in cases. Bake for about 20min at 200ā€™C

Huel is quite a heavy flour I believe, so unless Iā€™ve used baking powder and stuff it hasnā€™t risen much! Itā€™s worth playing around with it to find out whatā€™s best.

Yeah. Definitely. Iā€™m going to try more milk in them next time. I think my dough was a bit too thick. :frowning:

Not trying to steal your thunder ppl, but I did make these the other day. If you want any tips ā€¦