Huel version 2.0 is now live!

Yes, I remember him saying that. I’m personally not concerned.

1 Like

Emulsifiers have always been in Huel.

1 Like

v1.2 was the correct thickness.

Drinking 1250ml of water per drink is a ridiculous notion!

1 Like

They weren’t always controversial carragenen though, were they…

3 Likes

Don’t forget, he’s the one who put the salt up to silly levels and brushed off he addition of sodium flouride as “It’s perfectly fine, nothing to worry about” (or words to that effect, cant find the exact quote anymore)

Yes, v1.2 of vanilla was the correct thickness.

1 Like

I was referring to UU

I was referring to Vanilla

I’ve got 48 random bags of 1.2 here and can also +1 to Vanilla being of the correct thickness.

2 Likes

Huel v2.1 is now available for purchase.

This version has had sodium fluoride removed.

1 Like

I’ve just found this article and thread relating to the release of v2.0, and the following point interests me:

But versions 2.3 and 3 both state they contain B12 as cyanocobalamin - so was the source of B12 changed back after v2? I can’t find any mention of this happening in the v2.3 articles.

Could anyone clarify?
I’m interested because I recently started supplementing with high dose B12 at night as I have celiacs disease so struggle to absorb it, and the GP also suggested it can help regulate sleep cycles in cases of persistent insomnia.
The b12 I supplemented with was Solgar cyanocobalamin. After about a week I developed hives all over my torso and arms which went away when I stopped supplementation. I can’t be positive but it seems likely / possible that I therefore don’t tolerate high doses of this form of b12.

@Dan_Huel or @JamesCollier are you able to confirm the source of b12 in v3 and black, and when and why it was changed back from methylcobalamin?

The question is more out of interest than concern, as I’ve been consuming Huel products for roughly 50% of my diet for a year and not once had any adverse reaction, so if I am sensitive to this form of b12, the levels in Huel are not high enough to effect me.

I just saw this and I was replying on B12 in another thread…

Just found mention of it here:

But can find no more information anywhere on why the source was changed back in v2.1

It wasn’t stable.

Here is what Huel says: For example, synthetic cyanocobalamin is the form of vitamin B12 in Huel products, even though there are studies that indicate that a natural form, methylcobalamin, has higher bioavailability. Methylcobalamin is not stable in food over shelf life and is also not permitted for use in food fortification in the EU because of its stability (it’s only permitted for use in supplements)[5]. Furthermore, whilst methylcobalamin is more bioactive once it’s been absorbed, cyanocobalamin is absorbed by the body more readily.

1 Like

Interesting. Did they not know that prior to changing it to methyl in v2?

If I remember rightly and due to b12 deficiency I can’t quite remember they started with cyano, went to methyl and then back to cyano.

Guess James @JamesCollier is best person to clarify.

1 Like

That about answers it - thanks
I’m guessing they wanted to expand into EU at that time so needed to change the b12 source.
Also longer shelf life is beneficial regardless.

I think some people on the forum were asking for methyl so they changed it, then changed it back when they realised the implications.

1 Like

Hi guys

Yes, hunzas is bang on. v2.0 was 3.5 years ago when we were smaller. We changed because studies indicated that it was more bioavailable. However, we later found out that there was more to it than this and intestinal uptake may actually be better with the cyanocobalamin type. Plus methycobalamin is unstable in foods over shelf life. So, we went back to cyanocobalamin as it’s the best form for optimum B12 status in food fortification.

6 Likes