Nausea, bloating etc

So I’ve been on Huel now for approximately a week. I’d say I’m on about 75-80% Huel at the moment. I love the taste (which is good because I went straight in at 8 bags :wink: ), the texture, the nutrition, the convenience…

BUT…

Every day, around evening time, I start to get quite nausea and bloating with a mild travel-sickness like headache. At times I look 6-7 months pregnant! It’s not hunger nausea, I can’t quite put my finger on what exactly it is…

[disclaimer: my diet before was pretty low sugar and 100% vegan so I don’t think it can be ‘withdrawal’ type effects].

Has anyone had this and then maybe benefited from going gluten-free??

I’d say you need more water. Huel can be incredibly spongy on your fluid intake and the symptoms you describe fit the bill. Onset of dehydration can give you a fuzzy headache feeling. The bloating is a natural body defense against dehydration too, your body stores excess water weight because it doesn’t know when the next ‘drink’ will be. The thing I’ve noticed with Huel is because you mix it with water, it seems to trick your brain into thinking you’ve drank plenty already.

I know because I get the same symptoms, and I am terrible at remembering to drink more water. My stomach swells up massive too.

2 Likes