Salt in Huel is now reduced to 3.3g per 2000 kcal. 0.7g per 100g

Oh I know exactly who Nutricalc are.

I think the confusing for some users was thinking Nutricalc had been sent samples of Huel for testing and they had provided labs results to yourselves from that analysis.

Well Iā€™m glad, my old v1.2 batch ran out and Iā€™d ordered v2.0 last week.
I was expecting a more salty taste as the salt content on my label states salt is 6.4g/2000kcal.
I tried it today and it was fine. Now I know why after reading this,.
The batch number of my new batch of vanilla flavoured Huel is 2491. Which means the salt content is lower than stated on the label. Phew!

Also want to say well done to the team for owning up and lowering the salt content, Iā€™ve been using Huel for the last couple of years and I love it.

I agree with the sentiments here. I think in this case, though, other posters point is that the variance is not close to 15%, it is 48%. Thatā€™s a margin of error that is unacceptable to most.

1 Like

Sure.
And I let you imagine the accuracy of the informations for 100% natural powders, like Bertrand or Trinkkost. Itā€™s more fantasy than figures, imhoā€¦ (although they are delicious!)

1 Like

Sure.

But now you are moving the goalposts. You started off saying all figures are ā€œaverages figures, typical valuesā€, and suggested that they are in the neighborhood of 15%.

Now you are saying they are ā€œmore fantasy than figures.ā€

No one is disputing that the numbers for Huel, or any other 100% natural powders, are completely accurate. Again, I believe the people commenting here are just hoping that Huel doesnā€™t have any other figures that are off by 48%.

3 Likes

FYI - Huel Unflavoured & Unsweetened with reduced salt is now shipping.

3 Likes

Still with flouride and carrageenan?

I just received my shipment of lower salt UU. Iā€™m very happy you decided to make this change!

Theyā€™re removing the fluoride from version 2.1 which will release in October.

Just read that. Hooray for all the hard work to fix the defects they worked so hard to introduce. Nearly as good as v1.2 now. Progress!

Ugh, completely untrue. Look at the changelog for v2.0, so many improvements and for some people fluoride and (at least some of the) salt was seen as an improvement too. The team has now moved to improve v2.1 for the average user after finding out what that average user seems to look like; it is a significantly better product than v1.2 for everyone (and v1.2 was already awesome).

Does the reduced salt for v2.0 Vanilla include the 100g sample packs too? Iā€™d hate to get an old one with the added salt and have that my my first impression if the future ones arenā€™t going to be like that.

Huel v2.1 is now available for purchase.

This version has had sodium fluoride removed. The salt is at the same level since we reduced it in September.