Start and end weights

Hi all,
I started mine this morning, I have already lost 10lbs as part of eating better and cycling around 100 miles per week (approx 4000 calories) since March.
I plan to have 100g Huel twice a day and a normal evening meal, not sure about the weekends yet.

Starting weight (Today 5th July) - 11st 10.7lbs - 20.9% body fat BMI 23.6 (Fitbit Aria scales)

I go on holiday in 2 1/2 weeks so hope to lose another 4-5lbs by then. I mainly want to go down in body fat to around 15% eventually.

104.9 this morning

Time to stop shedding weight for a couple weeks. I bought my wedding suit when I was 114kg (a couple months before Huel) so need to be careful it still fits! After the honey moon iā€™ll be right back on Huel with a goal of 95kg

1 Like

On the note of keeping track of weight, I notice some people posting their weekly weigh-ins. I weigh twice a day, and itā€™s amazing how much weight can fluctuate on a day by day basis. Weekly weigh-ins can be a little misleading. I wrote up my thoughts on it last night ( http://pookey.co.uk/wordpress/why-you-should-be-weighing-daily/ ) - but if you canā€™t be bothered to read, the points are:

Congrats with your progress though @Edclarke_1 - itā€™s kind funny that your progress has been too good!

1 Like

I agree with the daily weigh ins. Even if just for the motivation. I wake up, go to the loo then get on the scales. Is it sad that I go to bed excited at the thought of waking up and seeing how much I have lost?

1 Like

Heh, no - Iā€™m the same! :slight_smile:

I look forward to seeing whatā€™s on the scales every day, and Iā€™m not even trying to loose weight!

I was toying with the idea of daily weigh ins, but I was not sure that it would be a good thing to get on one morning and see gains and iā€™d get disheartened. I did say to my husband I was going to have a go at daily weigh ins for a month just out of interest to see the fluctuation and what, if any, changes there may be during my monthly cycle.

I may give it a good sooner than I had planned to.

Iā€™d be really interested in hearing how daily weigh ins go for you @Kizeree. Whatā€™s key is to understand that it will go up on some days, but itā€™s the trend thatā€™s important.
However, you could argue the same for weekly weigh ins, if you weigh on a light day one week, and a heavy day the next week - you might be tricked into thinking a whole week of healthy eating/exercise has been all for nothing.

This is true. I am also a bit wary (is a silly way) at the mo as my next weight could be inaccurate as I shaved off a good portion of hair (at least a couple of pounds) as I have re-done my Mohawk in preparation for the Race for Life on Sunday :slight_smile: I might start daily weigh inā€™s next week.

Ok, so here we go with daily weigh ins.

here are what I have so far over past few weeks
Wednesday 15 Jun 15 st 11 lbs 60.0% fat
Monday 20 Jun 15 st 1 lb 57.5% fat
Monday 27 Jun 14 st 13.8 lbs 57.0% fat
Monday 04 Jul 14 st 11.8 lbs 56.0% fat

and today, day 1 of daily weigh ins

Thursday 7 Jul 14 st 11.4 lbs 56.2% fat

Friday 8th Jul 14st 10.6. 55.9% fat (31.6% water) yesterday was a hectic day in which I hit over 20,000 steps, did a crappy run, and then spent hours caring for a feverish, altered and poorly almost 7 year old. I was unable to eat all the calories my fitness pal said I should so I expect that tomorrows weight will be higher.

Saturday 9th Jul 14 st 11.2 56.1% fat (35.1% water) a slight gain, but I am not surprised. The bacon probably did that, and I spent most of yesterday recovering from Thursday. I think i may be a bit dehydrated this morning too. Also, iā€™m ill with a cold. I went overboard on calories yesterday too.

Sunday 10 Jul 14 st 10.6lb 55.7%fat
I have a 10k race today but iā€™ll probably be walking most of it as i am taking 2 of my daughters.

Tuesday 14st 10.4lb 55.5% body fat. I forgot to update yesterday. Monday was 14st 11lb 55.9%.

Update Thursday
14st 10 55.3% body fat. I did weigh on Wednesday but it was exactly the same as Tuesday.

I am going to keep weigh ins to the morning, after morning loo trip but before breakfast, in just a t-shirt. I understand that I will fluctuate quite a bit from day to day and week to week. The most important thing for me is an over all gradual decline in body fat and getting to a healthy weigh, which for me at the mo, is 12 stone. Iā€™ll update again tomorrow (I may forget the odd day here and there, but I will try to remember)

1 Like

Pre huel
30/05/16 - 17st 4
06/06/16 - 17st 3
13/06/16 - 17st 2

Replacing lunch with 2 scoops of huel
20/06/16 - 16st 12
27/06/16 - 16st 8
04/07/16 - 16st 7
11/07/16 - 16st 5

The weight loss seems to have leveled off a bit in the last two weeks which is actually good I feel. Was losing 4lb a week and at that rate I think it would have been a lot harder to maintain and definitely harder to keep off.

Have got myself a Mi Band 2 activity tracker which will hopefully keep me motivated with the walking. My 30 min lunchtime walks are making a huge difference so want to keep on with that as I will continue to struggle to find time at home to exercise with an amazing but very needy 18 month old daughter.

3 Likes

I must be one of the fewā€¦ the only? person not to be losing weight when having HUEL for breakfast and lunch all week.

100g for each meal, 400ml of waterā€¦

not lost a pound in weight! lol

Hi - what is your total calorific intake for the day if you donā€™t mind me asking? Many thanks.

Iā€™m starting today . Huel was delish with a tbsp of cocoa and a banana

Start weight 17 stone 7 :slight_smile:
Calorific intake of 1800 X

1 Like

I havenā€™t updated in a few days because I forgot.

Here are my weights since July 15th

Monday is highlighted So i know which gaps to really pay attention to, and not give much credence to the numbers in between.

Kiz

I did daily weighing for a time - actually really helped desensitise me - I was getting very reactive to weekly weighing if didnā€™t show my efforts - daily weighing helped with the bigger picture fluctuations
xx

2 Likes

Iā€™m down to 79kg so thatā€™s another 3kg weight loss in the past 6 weeks. It doesnā€™t seem like much but it all adds up. Huel has definitely made it so much easier and Iā€™ve been losing without really trying.

Iā€™m down quite a few notches on my belt since starting Huel and have needed to shop for new clothes.

Iā€™ve been told by a few friends that Iā€™m looking a lot healthier and have been called lean and slim for the first time in a while.

I used to weigh myself with my wii-fit as it was a handy way to record my weight and plot it in a graph. I donā€™t have it all hooked up anymore but might get a smart set of scales like a Polar Balance.

2 Likes

Update from week of Monday 18th to Monday 25th.

Overall a 1.2lb weight loss and a 0.5% fat loss. Still good progress, and I am pretty happy with it.

2 Likes

Monday 25th to Monday 1st

Still a 1.2lb loss over the week, and considering I was not as active this week I am still pretty happy. (Red days=Menstrule cycle, I want to see what happens to my weight fluctuations during the whole month) I also forgot to weigh twice as my husband was in the hospital so I was a tad busy.

Kiz

Starting weight (pre-huel) 30/05/16 - 17st 4
Starting weight (1 meal huel a day/ 2 scoops) 13/06/16 17st 2
Current Weight 01/08/16 - 16st 2

Thatā€™s my first stone gone since starting huel and 16 pounds off altogether

Just ordered U/U Huel as I want to experiment more with savoury and sweet flavours. Looking forward to giving that a go from tomorrow when it arrives.

2 Likes

Update on my progress. So, I have still lost some weight, and at a steady rate too. I am happy with this.

2 Likes