What is your wishlist for Huel?

@Tubby_Graver we are designing a new bottle as the moment. Amazingly there is no universal size for cup holders. So it’s tricky if not impossible to get one that will fit all cars (just slightly annoying). We even called several manufactures and even they don’y even have a universal size across all their cars. The new bottle will have a smaller base but I can’t promise it will fit your car. You can get a cup holder adapter, but there are not always easy to find - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gadjits-Keeper-Holder-Adapter-Trucks/dp/B004ZL9CFO

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Julian. I’ve bought myself a suitable beaker from the children’s section of Sainsburys so I’m all geared up for Huel on the go now :sunglasses:

Cheers :+1:

8 Likes

Funky design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am regularly reading published articles about intestinal flora its a bit of a side passion of mine, i’m fascinated bythe knowledge coming out of this branch of science, since we learnt that the nerve connection between the intestines and the brain is duplex not simplex (two way not one way) we have learnt so much.

1 Like

interestingly the Huel shaker fits into my Civic’s cup holder but my Herbalife one doesnt, simply because of the square edges on the Huel bottle, it must be such a pain trying to accommodate for so many different cars

After the sudden release of Huel v2.0 and the justified complaints from users about Fluoride and B12 source, I’m going to reiterate my 2 month old wish for Huel to be more open about their plans for two reasons: 1. More openness is going to help the plans be successful and 2. Its not nice waiting for a delivery of a subscribed product only to randomly realize from a forum post (after payment) that you’re not going to receive what you were expecting.

So good people at the Huel HQ please consider prior to the release of the new version to at least post before hand the changes you’ve made and why not listen to the valuable community feedback and incorporate as much of it as you find plausible. You demonstrated that you’re not afraid of doing this, so let’s do it a step or two earlier in the release process. It’s going to be less stressful and more fruitful.

4 Likes

Here, here. Bravo. Put the horse before the cart.

In another thread I suggested using a version control system (e.g. Git) to track the changes of the Huel formula and corresponding nutritional information. Coupled with a cloud hosting solution like GitHub, this would allow the community to better collaborate on tweaking the formula in a very fine grained manner over time.

2 Likes

I just said a similar thing in a different way here:

1 Like

Another wish: A wishlist thread with a permanent poll where the community can vote or add new wishes to the wishlist. Even the first post of this thread can be updated to accomodate this. This thread is kind of useless with 189 posts isn’t it? Noone can answer the question of the thread’s title without a wish aggregation process.

1 Like

If we tell you will tell our competitors too. I can’t think of any company that communicates it’s new products until launch. Apple is the most successful company in the world and is famous for being one of the most secretive.

As with most changes some people are happy and some are not, so what would do if people disagree about the potential changes? What that not just annoy people more when we say we are going to ignore their issues and send the product live away?

Unfortunately, there is no right or wrong answer to this and I do appreciated your opinion but it’s just very tricky. Physical products take a long time to change and update. For example, the Huel bar was very nearly ready to go live in Oct 2015, if we announced the recipe then all our competitors which know way too much about our plans.

5 Likes

@Julian Good point. I hadn’t thought of that.

I have a couple of steel bottles. But they rust from the inside :frowning:

“Loose lips sink ships” - Steve Jobs

what can be done outside the forum is a feedback form on the website, just like apple has. Apple.com/feedback
This way you can collect feedback without the world knowing what your customers want.

I would like the following.

1. Container instead of pouches. The whole industry is probably using them for a reason. The pouches look great. But are not as handy as containers. And containers can also be recycled and or used for other purposes.

2. Different shaker, wherein the cap does not end up in your nose :wink:

3. Glass drinking bottle, more merchandising then anything else.

For the rest great product! and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions:

1. Containers are a bad solution in terms of waste, cost, storage, etc. See the image below which is 10,000 pouches, imagine if that was 10,000 contains
  2. Just turn the shaker sideways and the lid won’t end up on your nose :wink:
  3. I would love to offer glass and it’s still on the roadmap, but the issue is durability.

1 Like

@Julian As people put their trust in Huel to maintain their health and well being, there is a very clear analogy of product lines, example where new products are announced (but not marketed) before launch: Pharmaceuticals. Every pharmacompany has very clear data about their new products available before their launch. The difference is: Pharmaceuticals rarely change their composition (as that would need a new clinical trial).

ps.: What happened to the Huel Bar?

Small storage tubs to carry my Huel around
Small scoops for the flavouring
Branded vests

Umm think that’s it :thinking::wink:

1 Like

@JosRoot we are still working on the bar but it’s slow, slow progress.

3 Likes

I have 2 large containers from a vegan protein powder I used to use. Each holds a full bag of Huel…I use one for vanilla and one for unflavoured. This suits me fine…and I find that it is easy to decant the powder into them from the pouches by turning one upside down, diagonally slicing a bottom corner off (about 3 inches) then pouring into the container. No mess at all. You can buy containers like these empty quite cheaply if you don’t have them.

Yeah will do the same, easier to open and close.

My wishlist is definitely solid huel though if it came with an increased price point that would put me off, a bit, not massively. Edit: I mean the price would be higher there is no two ways about it. I’d probably mix half liquid half bars at that point.

I would just love bars, the equivalent of the futuristic meal in a pill. I have 6 bars (400kc each?) and I whack them in my bag for the day and I’m off, that would be heavenly bliss. Wouldn’t give a crap about taste so much its nutrition and convenience that sells me on this diet.

3 Likes