What is your wishlist for Huel?

@TomKotecki The only problem with that is the increased waste that the bottles would create.

Hi Julian - is this near or still at consideration stage?

Not sure if this has already been suggested (apologies if it has) but a Huel app?

Offering:
*news feed, allowing admins to share relevant news and research findings about nutrition
*mobile access to the forum and push notifications when someone tags you or replies to your thread
*a scoop->weight->calorie calculator/converter
*food diary, allowing tracking of macros and calories (appreciate this is a huge undertaking though)
*handy recipe cards with nutritional breakdown

I also think your Facebook page (though great) is slightly under-utilised. You could potentially share news and research findings there too, to spark conversation and encourage people to share the content on their personal pages.

Great job guys! X

4 Likes

It is still being discussed yes. There are other things we want to finish first, but this will be investigated fully to see what we can do.

Iā€™d like to see smaller packs of Huel.

1 Like

Does the gluten content of Huel trigger your autoimmune condition, or are you just steering clear of it to be safe?

I do like the idea of an app and this is another thing that we want to get involved with. At the moment itā€™s a huge undertaking to do it well. We certainly could bring out an app very soon, but we would want it to be perfect, with all the functionality you are suggesting. The problem is that we would need someone dedicated to this, because of constant updates to software and multiple different platforms. Despite @Gulliver_Huel 's admirable coding skills (receives Huel bottle to head), we canā€™t do this ourselves. But, this is definitely something we want to do, but we want to do it right the first time!

Thanks for the feedback on the Facebook page, I do try and keep it updated with articles but I need to spend more time in search of them as well as new research. Iā€™ll make this more of a priority though!

4 Likes

It seems to trigger it. Iā€™ve also read that it can trigger autoimmune responses. Iā€™ve noticed that yeast, gluten, sugars, salt, spicy food, chocolate, tomatoes, peppers and some seeds are all triggers. Although with Huel, it doesnā€™t trigger it as badly. Still there though and is both uncomfortable and painful! Other than that, I get great results from using Huel and I noticed great gains in energy and recovery during workouts - along with great fat loss. Iā€™ve paused my subscription though, until a Gluten free version comes out.

So I believe, thank Marcus. Iā€™m just a big fan of Huel and all of the other benefits are great. If the gluten is removed, Iā€™ll have found my perfect food!

Ah thanks for your response! And waiting until you have the time and resources to do an app properly sounds like a good approach :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, new to Huel this week and have been using for the last couple days and tastes great - expecting good things!

Anyway not sure if been suggested before but how about a smartshake style shaker - with the screw bit on the bottom to put a serving of Huel in? I plan to take a serving to work to make for lunch and this would make it easier (I have a smartshake anyway but a Huel one would be niceā€¦)

1 Like

Iā€™d like something like http://www.mealsquares.com but Huel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If the rumoured bars do happen, your wish will be granted :-). Those Mealsquares look pretty neat, other than not having as good a nutritional profile as Huel. And probably tasty too, which I think is Huelā€™s one weak point (for me anyway).

1 Like

Savory flavour pouches, please.

Suraclose isnā€™t the healthiest of sweeteners, stevia at least has some health benifits

Another vote for smaller flavour pouches here - my 150g Mocha pouch will last me about 50 yearsā€¦by which point I will be thoroughly bored! Iā€™d like to be able to have different flavours for each mealā€¦

A flavour sampler pack would be nice so we can try before we buy too.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

A couple of things on my wishlist:

Huel Tupperware! (Iā€™d so go for a Huel branded lock & lock in perfect pouch size. The seals on the bags drive me a bit nutty on occasion, getting clogged with Huel and refusing to close)

Huel Supplement Pouches - Either an adjustment to the current mix of Huel or available in similar form to the flavour pouches. Specifically to aid digestion and reduce gastric distress associated with the change in diet/high fibre and protein. Probiotics and/or digestive enzymes have been particularly beneficial to me while changing to Huel. Iā€™ve been taking these separately, but working them into the mix might help make Huel a more ā€œcompleteā€ and healthy solution.

2 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m about to order my first batch of Huel, and for me the percentage of macronutrients is perfect!
Mostly because I couldnā€™t live without fruit, and since it has a low amount of sugar and not high amount of carbs, it will allow me to have my fruit meal about 5 days a week (Iā€™m planning to do 3 huel meals and 1 solid food meal a day).
My wish list would be:
-More dessert flavors (cookies and cream, cookies, nougantā€¦)
-A bar with the same percentage of macronutrients and calories per servingā€¦ But quite BIG so it fills me up :stuck_out_tongue:
-The stevia thingy :smile:(I do LOVE stevia flavor as sweetener and also, it makes my sugar cravings go away because it regulates blood sugar)
-The flavor pouches at a smaller price (even if that means there is less amount of it, obviously)
So, mainly I like the product A LOT, thatā€™s why Iā€™m gonna order it, then Iā€™ll see how it works for me :slight_smile: But those are my suggestions, which would make it even more awesome.

1 Like

@vegangirl and @Chevey0 Yes, we are looking into stevia and other natural sweeteners. The reason Stevia is not used in Huel, is because it is not as sweet, so requires more of it to increase the overall sweetness of Huel. It can also leave a very bitter aftertaste in larger amounts. Sucralose isnā€™t unhealthy, do have a read here of Jamesā€™s article about sucralose - https://huel.com/pages/guide-to-sucralose.

@Maria We are looking into a sample flavour selection. This is in the pipeline!

@jono The new pouches definitely solve this problem! They are much smaller and convenient.

2 Likes

Having read the article on Sucralose i am aware ive been mislead on how bad it is for our health. I am also used to the sweetness now. A serious suggestion, i like to have 4 scoops for a meal but cant fit the right amount of water into the shake bottle so larger 2L bottles for meals would be a great idea.

I also like @jonoā€™s suggestion of mini tupaware for scoops on the go and probiotics, probiotics are so good for every one :smiley: