Adding whey protein to Huel

I was wondering if anyone has tried adding a whey protein powder to their Huel.

I am wanting to increase my protein intake but want to continue using Huel as my main food source.

Any advice would be appreciated! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

Yes, some people do this.
@GTIPuG @chrisjeffy98 to name two

Thanks. Wasn’t sure if it was a good idea or not…fairly new to the Huel revolution!

Welcome to Huel, bud
As far as I can tell, it works fine. And adds flavour, if your whey has one that is. It should be fine!

Yup, as Squiz said, I’ve been at it for about three years now. My breakfast pretty much every single day is this:

Either coffee or vanilla, only just got some coffee so mainly vanilla.

Haha yeah similar for me but not exactly; I do prefer just Huel because the 40:30:30 ratio is great, but there are days I know would be more carb heavy if I eat out/consume alcohol, so I make my Huel with 75g Huel and 20g protein, which is around 460kcal.

Tl;dr nothing wrong with adding whey to your Huel, at least from my experience!

Hi,
I used Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder,
I was travelling in South East Asia, with lots of vegetarians for 3 months, 2 spoons of Huel and one spoon of Whey powder. I am gluten unfriendly as well. So it really kept me happy.

Could adding extra whey protien boost my calorie intake and help muscle gains?
I only really use huel as a breakfast and a whey protien after a gym session. But could I use 3 scoops of huel and 1 whey in morning then the same after a gym session?

I’ve been adding a scoop of whey protein to my 2 scoops of Huel after the gym for about a week now and I’m loving it. The flavour of the whey flavours my Huel so I haven’t had to add a flavour boost. Adding they extra protein obviously has increased my calorie intake, so I have to keep that monitored.

Open ended question. If you’re eating at a caloric surplus with sufficient protein intake you’ll be gaining just fine. No need to chug scoop after scoop of protein as the marketing companies would have you believe.

Your right after 're reading it was a bit of an open question lol. I think I might try it just for an extra protein boost and extra favouring like bunny79 has suggested as i do find huel a bit lacking in flavour.