Bleep test advice please! 😊

Hey :wave:

I have to pass a bleep test for a job, I have passed everything else and it’s hinging on me hauling ass in this bleep test.

It’s the 15m version and I have to reach 5.4 (not overly high I know) and I ran a practice test and got a 5.2. I was doing this at work so had to deal with people distracting me as I was running and talking to people etc. The polished floor also makes for entertaining turning technique!

I’ve just had to self isolate for 10 days over Christmas so I’ve missed a few runs and PT sessions and just done weight training.

I have till the 13th of Jan to comfortably pass. Any tips would be very welcome :pray:

P.s I know 5.4 isn’t that high of a score but I’m predominantly a cyclist and not a “natural” runner so I’m having to put a lot of effort in for this. I have been running 3-4 times a week before the 10 day rona isolation.

If you’re at 5.2 and need 5.4, just get better shoes that give you better traction.

Yeah I’m nearly there, we were practicing on a what is essentially a polished showroom floor so it’s slippery with all shoes. Will attempt one on a better surface and see if it makes a difference :+1:

5.7 on tarmac, definitely much easier with grip :joy:

1 Like

Great!
Good luck, update us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is a bleep test the beep test for coppers?

Just what we used to call it in school, force of habit I guess :blush:

So nothing to do with swearing, then?

1 Like

To be fair, it does seem to inspire swearing in me :joy:

1 Like

UK military uses 20m Bleep Test, and UK Police use 15m Bleep Test. I’m not sure what gets used around the world these days? Some UK Fire Services from what I remember use Chester Treadmill Test which is a graduated Treadmill test, that can also be used by UK Police Forces as an alternative to 15m Bleep Test

1 Like

KLM, I Just mark 15m out on the road/pavement outside my house (Thankfully Quiet) you can use chalk, crayon etc. Then play the bleep test. If you give yourself a light warm up and practice every other day you will absolutely breeze it.
IMHO It’s not really a fitness test at 5.4, you are practicing for the pace required and also the technique. You have already demonstrated you can smash 5.4 so well done. :slight_smile: :muscle: :muscle: :trophy: :trophy:
If this is your first time trying it in a group, best advice I can give is to start off steady. Loads of people will sprint off and get themselves in a Tis. Pay attention to the Bleep and not what anyone else is doing around you.
Good Luck and have “fun” on the day :wink: and on the job after

Thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

My street is pretty quiet too so did what you said and just set it up outside my house on the pavement, did a quick warm up down the street and back and then got up to level 6!

Feeling more confident about it now :relaxed:

Yeah sorry I didn’t mean to sound evasive, it is for the police :blush:

1 Like

sorry If I bored you to death :wink:

1 Like

I would be surprised KLM if they let the group go past 5.4 due to H&S these days… Just go in there knowing you can smash it and be super confident :slight_smile:

Yeah you’re right there Kibs, they stop the test at 5.4 but it’s just nice to know that I have it in me to go further so I’m comfortable getting to 5.4 :blush:

Starting to enjoy this running thing, who knew!? :joy:

2 Likes

Not at all. I was being serious. I didn’t know.

Another 6, on the slippery work floor again! Could have gone a bit harder but felt comfortable :+1:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

1 Like

6.3 for the final practice before the proper thing tomorrow!

Nervous but just because it means so much to me but fairly confident in my ability to get the results tomorrow :relaxed:

1 Like

GOOD LUCK :raised_hands: You’re going to smash it! Do let us know how it went. We’re all rooting for ya!

1 Like