šŸ““ Daily Journal: Intermittent Fasting (16:8), ED Recovery and Weight Loss

Day 133

Weight: 53.8kg i saw 53.6 and 54.1 on the scale, but ehh so long as my actions are consistent, I know my goals will be in sight.

Food Intake: (1682kcal in)

• 1T instant coffee w 5 Flavdrops
  • 150g panfried salmon w 3 sprays oil, 100g mushroom, 100g steamed pumpkin, 150g stir fried broccoli
  • 1 dayplus bunā€”1/4 custard, 1/4 matcha
  • Snacksā€”2 eggwhites w 5g nooch, 63g tuna, 1 packet yanyan (minus 5 bread sticks), 30g ovomaltine spread, csbread&4cookies&keropok
  • 112g Huel, ChocFS

Activity: (2306kcal out)

• 3h of ultimate frisbee! this was so much fun I was sad when it ended. Im not sure if itā€™s the Huel, but I had SO MUCH ENERGY I was literally running everywhere :ā€™)
  • 14,885 steps total

Other Observations:

• Another day in the bag! I got this :smiley: Itā€™s pretty cool actually: the moment I realised I was going back to my all or nothing mindset and resolved to focus on my core goals (and also get my ass in gear to not be defeated by ā€œhaving binged and Iā€™m so going to relapse Iā€™m never gonna be free from this ED shitholeā€)ā€¦ those problems essentially dissipated!
4 Likes

You are doing awesome! Keep going :kissing_heart: so great to read! High 5 girl! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Day 134

Weight: 53.5kg

Food Intake: (1691kcal in, could be more)

• 112g Huel, MatchaFS
  • 1 tiny piece chocolate cake (~100ish calories)
  • 1 dayplus bunā€”melon & strawberry
  • 3 egg mostly whites (1/2 yolk)
  • Dinner out w Fam @ Old Airport Roadā€”2 popiah, 7 bites beef noodle, orhluak, black carrot cake, 1 satay, 3 rojak

Activity: (2302kcal out)

• 1h dance class
  • 14,384 steps total

Other Observations:

• Iā€™ve been hovering round the 53-54 range for like 2+ weeks hahaha but ehh itā€™s ok Iā€™ll break it soon enough. Consistency is key, and so is trying my best at every step of the way!
  • Starting to settle into routine :slight_smile: Almost always have a night activity, and I honestly do enjoy the dance and ultimate. Donā€™t have to force myself to go for it and always get a happy high after :smiley: I DO get a slight craving for strength training about 1-2x a week.
  • I almost skipped a lunch meet with all my primary school teachers and friends because I didnā€™t want to have to eat outside food bc ED and fears but I went!! And ate Huel because everyone else was nearly done anyway (I went late) and I didnā€™t think it was worth paying $13.50 at a subpar 1 star eatery LOL what a lifesaver Huel.
  • Also my family suddenly informed me they wanna go out for dinner. Iā€™m not too great with surprise meal plans but I gOT DIS.
  • 8.55pm: Iā€™m feeling all sorts of trash. So many last minute plan changes. I was having a fantastic food day and THEN I was left with 5 minutes of time for dinner with the fam so I shoveled down a shit ton of food without tasting it or thinking rationally like in binge modeā€¦and then my Friend cancelled our 1h of dance so I have LESS ACTIVITY and more time to eat food so I ate even more and uGH it all feels so shit. So I purged a bitā€¦And it feels wasted because I didnā€™t even enjoy dinner. I was doing so well!!! :frowning: Ah well Iā€™ll take this opprtunity to learn that I can NOT rush my food and itā€™s really not worth it because I donā€™t remember eating the food and I just feel like absolute shit after.
1 Like

Given your stay in hospital for the tonsillitis, it wouldnā€™t surprise me if the reason for this hovering is the replenishing of muscle tissue cancelling out the weight loss from deficits.

2 Likes

Day 135

Weight: 53.7kg

Food Intake: (2541kcal in)

• 112g Huel, ChocFS
  • 1 D2Plus strawberry white choc
  • 2 gardenia filled buns minus ~40g bread
  • cs keropok & 2 Milo cookie packets
  • 86g roasted duck
  • ~130g steamed fish curry
  • ice cream x3
  • Dinner @ Ajummaā€™sā€”2/3rd beef japchae
  • big cs bingeā€”bread and carbs & shiz

Activity: (2091kcal out)

• 1h dance class
  • 11,697 steps total

Other Observations:

• I seem to have an uncanny ability to shovel down at least 2000 calories in an hour or so. I honestly think Iā€™d have little trouble doing the 10,000kcal challengeā€¦
  • Sigh Iā€™m not completely sure why but I guess I momentarily got really sick of counting calories? It wasnā€™t like the other binges really; I just kinda wanted to eat the duck drumsticks that were in the fridge, and the steamed assam fish but they didnā€™t fit my calories and :// sigh Iā€™d even planned out my macros pretty well because I knew I was going out to eat today :confused:
  • And so I ate til I was uncomfortably full and then purged some. uGh.

@IcyElemental ah I didnā€™t think of that; that could very well be so! I donā€™t feel as weak as I did a while ago :)) my weight lost from a month ago would now be 1.5kg which is the pace it has been before, so hopefully it means itā€™s somewhat stabilizing :)) thanks for the insight!

2 Likes

Hey Chris

Sorry to hear youā€™ve had an off day! My period is due & I ate 3 blueberry muffins this afternoonā€¦ My first (2nd & 3rd!) in over a month! I was annoyed with myself that I wanted to eat 3 muffins, but they tasted good & thereā€™s no point beating myself upā€¦ Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully soon I will be relieved from hormonal carb binge cravings!

I think Icy has hit the nail on the head that youā€™ve been replacing the muscle you lost when you were illā€¦ Thatā€™s what I was trying to get at in previous posts, your body has been thru a bit of an ordeal & needs to recalibrate, thatā€™s why you had an appetite for proteinā€¦ & it makes sense that youā€™d be at a plateau with your weight when youā€™ve been recovering from illness & briefly putting your body into starvation modeā€¦ Stay consistent, use all your best tactics not to binge & purge, but donā€™t beat yourself up if it happens, keep trying to imagine & really picture yourself living a life where you feel calm about food & empowered about being in controlā€¦ It will get easier. Just keep going! :kissing_heart::+1:

2 Likes

Day 136

Weight: 53.2kg

Food Intake: (1565kcal in)

• iced coffee :coffee:ļø
  • 1/2 ChocFS Huel
  • 60g boiled chyesim, 30g minced meat soy sauce
  • 1/2 maple DPlus bun
  • 80g japchae
  • 100g enoki mushroom
  • 3 eggwhites w nooch
  • 50g protein bar
  • 4 cheesecake/bread samples
  • 112g Huel, MatchaFS
  • 1 packet Delfi Choco minis

Activity: (2193kcal out)

• 1h gym
  • some walking, 11,994 steps total

Other Observations:

• The incision-in-my-throat excuse, although 2 weeks expired, is working like a charm lmao. But I can Rest In Peace knowing itā€™s not an excuse to bring myself and my body harm but rather to nourish it :slight_smile: Also because Iā€™m honestly just lazy to explain Huel every single time.
  • Busy busy orientation tomorrow!!! Going to be thrown a lil off kilter and schedule, but itā€™s ok!! Itā€™ll be great, too :slight_smile: I wonā€™t be too hard on myself and will just keep trying my best with my 2 core goals in sight.
1 Like

Day 137

Weight: 53.4kg

Food Intake: (3012kcal in)

• 1 iced coffee :coffee:ļø
  • Lunchā€”112g Huel, ChocFS
  • Snacksā€”60g Huel w 30g nutrabolics
  • 5 bites donut, 3 bites fillet o fish, 7 sips dark mocha frapp
  • Dinnerā€”1 DPlus blueberry bun, 1 packet Choco delfi minis, 1 cookie
  • ā€¦bread bingeā€¦ā€”210g sweet bread (1000+kcal)
  • 1 magnum inside ice cream

Activity: (2407kcal out)

• 17,209 steps total

Other Observations:

• Iā€™m loving the drink-coffee-upon-waking routine. Satisfied my mental craving for consuming something other than water in the first hour Iā€™m awake. Not actually hungry, just a mental craving.
  • Bread Binge: I admit that the bread binge stemmed from a bad call on my part. It started with the moment I caved and bought what I justified not to be bakery buns (came out of a supermarket packet), because the texture was amazing. But who was I kidding, it was essentially 2 huge loaves of sweet bakery buns which I binged on. And once I started, I had to get rid of it. I donā€™t want this to happen again, so I wonā€™t kid myself and even psyche myself into buying it to eat in ā€œmeasured proportionsā€. Iā€™m not there yet, and I can still eat my DPlus bun. But ugh fark I was doing INCREDIBLY well and had 1600ish calories by the end of the dayā€¦which I then ruined by consuming 1000+kcal of bread and attempting to purge to not much avail. Bread is a bitch to purge haha tmi.
  • I will give myself some slack. Iā€™m on a camp, I didnā€™t know what the food situation would be like, and I really did try my best. Now I know what itā€™s like, Iā€™m gonna do better tomorrow.
  • Constipated :< felt like going 2 nights ago but noThing
1 Like

Are you still gymming a fair bit Chris? Or have you laid off?

Just trying to spot trends in your posts over time and align these with what may have changed in your schedule.

I often wondered whether if you gymmed with a proper routine your brain would start focusing and obsessing over that instead of a trivial thing like your bodyweight.

This was the only thing that solved my problems with food and weight and Iā€™m confident that if I stopped my gym routine for more than a few days Iā€™d be back in a dark place looking at the scale.

It also makes gaining weight fun and an achievement - Iā€™ve increased from 78kg to 83kg since my cut, but my lifts have all gone up so when I see a scale increase Iā€™m like WOOOO.

3 Likes

Day 138

Weight: 53.6kg

Food Intake: (2954kcal in)

Activity: (2574kcal out)

Other Observations:

• Huge binge & binge urges sigh. Similar to yesterday I suppose albeit slightly better.
  • Too tired to think, but camp ends tomorrow!
1 Like

Day 139

Weight: 55kg. Oops.

Food Intake:(1886kcal in)

Activity: (2774kcal out)

1 Like

Ups and downs, swings and roundabouts, thatā€™s life :slightly_smiling_face: if every day was the same youā€™d fall off one end of the scale. Keep doing what youā€™re doing and donā€™t overthink it

2 Likes

Day 140

Weight: 54.3kg I WILL GO BACK TO MY REGULAR ROUTINE AND IT WILL ALL BE FINE.

Food Intake: (1595kcal in)

• Lunchā€”broccoli, pumpkin, mushroom, tuna
  • 2 egg whites w nooch
  • 5g orhnee
  • 10 ikanbilis
  • 68g chye poh
  • 1 Nutella b-ready
  • 9 teddy biscuits
  • 35g Ovomaltine crunchy cream
  • cs7 bread + 3 keropok
  • 112g Huel, MatchaFS

Activity: (2098kcal out)

• 2h dance class
  • 12,500 steps total

Other Observations:

• had quite a bingey afternoon
  • BMs have come the moment my schedule disruption from camp ended
1 Like

are you gonna make your blog a book? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 141

Weight: 53.6kg ALWAYS bounce back after a binge/the scale has increased. Donā€™t wait for that 1.4kg jump in scale to actually become fat gained because of the ā€œIā€™ve already gained weight might as well bingeā€ mindset.

Food Intake: (1856kcal in)

• 1T coffee
  • Lunchā€”
  • Snacksā€”
  • Dinnerā€”112g Huel, CocoaFS
  • 150g vodka w 500ml Diet Pepsi

Activity: (2290kcal out)

• 2h Ultimate

Other Observations:

• Iā€™m down to my last packet of Huel which has to last me the whole of next month!!! :persevere: Was originally gonna do a week of Huel (and try to finally reach my 52kg goal), but it looks like that is now going to be impossible. Sadreaxonly Huel y u no ship to Asia?
  • Sufficient sleep is definitely necessary to reduce and mentally fight binge urges
  • Aaaaaaand I kinda binged and purged again ahhhhhhhhhhh :< this is so not the way to go sighs

@chrisski HAHA what do you meanā€¦?

@GTIPuG I still do gym yes, although proper gym routine could be a possible plan for the future. Rn Iā€™m focusing more on dance (I want to learn the skill) and ultimate frisbee, with gym thrown in maybe once or twice a week in addition. But yeah, I see what you mean by not worrying as much about weight increasing especially if you know it means muscle & GAINZ.

2 Likes

Right, whoā€™s starting the #gethueltojeffy fundraiser to ship this stuff out east

2 Likes

Day 142

Weight: 53.0kg hello alcohol dehydration

Food Intake: (2308kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 of Huel, broccoli, mushroom, 1 dayplus bun
  • 2nd Lunch @ Nassimā€”2/3rd Hot Reuben sandwich, some bites mushroom panini & Eggs Benedict
  • Dinnerā€”1 Mr Softee chendol, 1/2 tin tuna w 2 wakame
  • csā€”5 bread, 3 keropok, 2 buns, 1 packet of biscuits
  • 20g Nutrabolics

Activity: (2757kcal out)

• 1/2h circuit workout @ Fightzone
  • 26,096 steps total

@RyanT LOL you cracked me up :stuck_out_tongue: I ainā€™t objecting tho :joy:

2 Likes

Day 143

Weight: 53.9kg ugh these 53-54 fluctuations need to STOP.

Food Intake: (1656kcal in)

• 112g Huel, ChocFS
  • 80g wakame w 1/2 tin tuna & Dijonnaise
  • 1 Hokkaido cream dayplus
  • mushroom, pumpkin, chyepoh
  • 1 bread, 20 chips more, 4 packet biscuits, 3 fruitella
  • 32g Huel granola, 5g granola
  • 21g Nutrabolics
  • 7 chips more mini cookies
  • 15 pieces of chicken curry

Activity: (1877kcal out)

• 30min HIIT with friends (could honestly do more LOL)

Other Observations:

• Thereā€™s honestly a lot more I could do to lose weightā€¦but I donā€™t know why Iā€™m just not motivated enough to? Like my drive to restrict always stemmed from body hatred but I donā€™t hate my body now so I really need to find another source of inspiration lmao.
  • On this fateful day, my Huel granola ran out :ā€™( Canā€™t wait to get my new supply when I get back to the UK!!
  • Iā€™m starting to feel nearly no inertia when going to workout heheh like I now expect to feel tired and sleepy before, and great during.
1 Like

Eating healthy and feeling good should be your inspiration :grinning:
And Im not even sure you need to loose more weight? Bin wise you are spot on, fat% wise obviously I have no clue about though. Maintaining is also an task you need to master and if 54/53 is your ideal weight you are doing great :+1:t2:

1 Like

Day 144

Weight: 53.5kg

Food Intake: (1595kcal in)

• Lunchā€”112g Huel, MatchaFS
  • 1/2 Quest cookies & cream bar
  • 1 watermelon :watermelon:
  • 2 eggs so expensive but I LOVE IT ermagerd itā€™s the only yolk I eat tbh
  • 1 Blueberry Dayplus
  • Dinnerā€”6 tofu, 4-6 chicken curry pieces, some beenppn, 2 fish slices, 1 siew mai

Activity: (2246kcal out)

• 1h PF TRX Blast class i didnā€™t do this all out tho oops couldā€™ve pushed harder, but i enjoyed it nonetheless
  • 1h Hip Hop class
  • 14,085 steps total

Other Observations:

• Itā€™s a new month, itā€™s a renewed energy and belief in myself with which I shall tackle weight loss. Iā€™m gonna go from the no-longer-fat/fat/ phase to ā€˜looking more aestheticā€™. Iā€™d gotten comfortable and complacent in that phase, but no longer. I got thisssssssss.
  • VERY GOOD day food-wise! Stuck to my goals; didnā€™t feel distressed; hung out with people spontaneously; didnā€™t cs or b/p :smiley: ONE DAY DOWN, 6 MORE TO GO (Iā€™m committing to this for a week at least)
  • 12+am: a bit of hunger

@Penthesilea hahah true, true, except thatā€™s not a short-term feedback like the instant gratification of tasty food ^^ā€™ Hm true, although I still have a wide berth of 10+kg that I can still lose and be in the healthy weight range! And yeah my BF% still needs work HAHA

1 Like