šŸ““ Daily Journal: Intermittent Fasting (16:8), ED Recovery and Weight Loss

Might be worth keeping an eye on this. I did 30 days exclusively Huel and didnā€™t have any problems diving straight back into a chicken dhansak on day 31.

Hope it feels better now!

1 Like

Unless you are mildly gluten intolerant after allā€¦?

1 Like

@GTIPuG @Stole_My_Sweetroll wasnā€™t massively upset, just a slight stomach gurgle haha probably wasnā€™t used to digesting solid food? or it could be purely psychological.
LOL @ chicken dhansak on day 31 :joy: I cant imagine eating anything heavy after a week of Huelā€”I even feel a bit weird eating meat rn since itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve been vegan for a week??

1 Like

Hahaha, in that case idk maybe Sweetroll is right about glutenā€¦

Gosh I was the complete opposite, body literally starts shutting down without bacon and eggs!

1 Like

Day 35

Weight: 58.3kg

Food Intake: (1495kcal)

• 5g instant coffee
  • 112g Huel, ToffeeFS not amazing, but still tastes good. Like a sweetened Original Huel. But if I had chocolate or mocha fs, why would I buy this HAHA
  • 30g Original Granola not much difference from berry granola tbh, I find this sweeter and berry slightly more sourish
  • Snacks (SO MANY SNACKS)ā€”2 egg whites, 3/4 yolk + 2-3 brioche + 400g raw butternut squash w sesame sauce & nooch (its incredibly filling whoa but so yummy!)
  • 2/3rd of 112.5g CoffeeNewHuel, ChocFS

Exercise: some walking & cycling for transport lel

Other observations:

• 10.15am: Was staaaaaarving! Ah well this is why I donā€™t wake up at 8.30am. Night hunger I can deal with xD
  • Perceiving Weight: I used to think ā€œwow I did a mono diet and lost 0.5kg overnight! this must be working!ā€ But never believed it was unsustainable both mentally and physicallyā€”water weight and if thereā€™s anything Iā€™ve learned, weightā€™s about averages. I no longer see the scale decrease and get a high, because I know it doesnā€™t truly ā€œcountā€ unless itā€™s maintained there for a couple of days. And that just means Iā€™d continue to be consistent with my diet and keep trying to be active, since itā€™s not the individual days that count, but consistency. Itā€™s not YAY IVE LOST WEIGHT I CAN EAT MORE or NO IVE GAINED WEIGHT MIGHT AS WELL BINGE. #recoverywin :smile:
  • I was almost tempted by cookies at church today, itā€™s always been my weakness. But since I said Iā€™m not touching a cookie til 31/5, Iā€™m sticking to that. Not even gonna HOLD a cookie.
  • I wasnā€™t tempted by mindlessly eating chocolate :chocolate_bar: just because it was offered :slight_smile: Felt good to not require so much additional effort to not eat sweets.
  • Yes, my intake was ~1500 which is higher than the 1350-1400 Iā€™d been doing for 100% Huel, but itā€™s ok. Itā€™s ok. Iā€™m not going to magically gain fat (even if thereā€™s some gain tomorrow). Iā€™m still sticking to my plan of 1350-1500+kcal and thatā€™s all that matters.
  • Ohkay ngl its 1.30am and I feel very fat and kinda guiltyā€¦guilty about eating butternut squash??? & breadā€¦ I think Iā€™m terrified Iā€™m going to gain on 1500kcal, and Iā€™m not thinking completely rationally and calmly.

~~ oh yes I forgot this, my goals moving forward from Huel week ~~

• IF 12-8
  • Huel for 1 meal
  • Drink water before and during meals
  • Try to stick to ~1350-1550kcal (1400+kcal)
  • Try not to eat sugar yet and see how that feels
  • Bring Huel with me in my flask in case I ever need a healthy meal/snack

For this week, I may have 2 meals of Huel here and there, but Iā€™m not going to go 100% this week. Just so I donā€™t get distressed and UNABLE to eat other food apart from Huel.
Sugar: My birthdayā€™s in a week! Which lowkey scares me a bit because cake. So yeah, Iā€™m going to remind myself that Iā€™m NOT all or nothing. Iā€™m not eating sugar now not because Iā€™m forcing myself not to, but simply because I donā€™t want the sugar crash that comes with it. I WANT to take care of my body, to make it feel the beat it can. Iā€™m honouring my cravingsā€”I just donā€™t crave it. So yes, Iā€™m going to eat sweets, but I know I can live without them and be perfectly satisfied. And when I do eat sweets, Iā€™ll savour every bite knowing I can eat them any time I want to.

1 Like

Simple - Either smash that cake because itā€™s your freakinā€™ birthday and you deserve to enjoy it, or eat 100 cals a day less this week to make a little room for the extra next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m new to starting Huel and yesterday I very much enjoyed reading your thread, including the one week 100% Huel.

Iā€™m starting my journey today, and I just have a quick Q?
Do you factor in the drinks you consume everyday? I know you keep a food diary, but Iā€™m just interested in what drinks you have throughout the day and if you include the calories from those into your daily allowance?

I normally only drink water, either hot or cold. But sometimes like a can of Pepsi (which Iā€™m probably going to give up as theyā€™re heavy in calories!!)

Natalie x

1 Like

Hello Luffers

Definitely include the calories from drinks if you are trying to stay within a calorie budget.
I recommend the MyFitnessPal app, which makes it much easier to keep track of what you are eating, and is easy to use.

The calories in various drinks can easily sneak up on you if you arenā€™t careful. (Milk in tea/coffee, hot chocolates, full sugar drinks, alcohol)

If i drink anything that contains calories, it goes into the app to keep track of it.
I found that the smoothies and juices i was drinking because they were ā€œgood for meā€, put me over my calorie budget by a good 500 kcal, easily.

1 Like

Day 36

Weight: 58.0kg im trying so hard not to rejoice yet but THIS IS MY FIRST GOAL WEIGHT!!! that I set for myself to hit by the end of May! :tada::tada::tada: Ok now letā€™s just keep this up for a coupla days xD

Food Intake: (1515kcal)

• 1/3 of CoffeeNewHuel, ChocFS
  • 1/2 of 112g Huel, 3g MatchaFS I was legit so happy eating this: the phrase ā€œWHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!ā€ rang through my head and I was literally grinning as I sipped on this LOL
  • 105g Huel Granola ngl Iā€™m stress-eating Huel Granola hahaha I guess itā€™s not the worst thing to stress eat.
  • 2 brioche buns
  • Dinnerā€”chicken, broccoli w nooch, 5 cherry tomatoes, 93g nectarine
  • cs buns & 1 Sains bun

Exercise: 1.5h Ultimate Frisbee Match

Other Observations:

• I really do stress-eat foodā€¦ :confused: Was really stressed today and couldnā€™t stop eating huel granola & bread
  • Came back from the match (it was so cold outside!) and was staaaaarving I went full out Nom mode on cherry tomatoes, broccoli, chicken, breadā€¦you know youā€™re hungry when you want to binge out on cherry tomatoes and broccoli and chicken :joy:
3 Likes

@GTIPuG hahaha thanks! Iā€™ll probably try to fit cake into my calorie allowance and accept it just wonā€™t be a very balanced dayā€¦especially since I have no idea what plans might happen! (like surprise cake/meals out with friends and where etc)

I guess I really do want to enjoy it, but am trying to figure out if eating so much junk will ACTUALLY be enjoyable or just make me feel like crapā€¦and may feel pressured into eating junk because my friends bought it for me/want me to. (+gaining weight isnā€™t the best birthday present xD)

@Luffers Iā€™m glad to hear that, hope itā€™s been informative! (And good job on getting through 120+ posts :stuck_out_tongue: ) Welcome to Huel!!

Re: Your q on liquid calories ā€” yup, youā€™d be surprised how easily liquid calories can stack up, especially alcohol! And, Huelā€™s liquid no? :stuck_out_tongue: I donā€™t often drink soft drinks simply because I never grew up drinking them and would rather eat cake or cookies for the same calories :slight_smile:

If you really do enjoy Pepsi, you donā€™t HAVE to give it up!

1. You can fit it into your daily calorie allowance. (1 can has 150kcal)
  2. You can switch to Diet Pepsi (although just beware of artificial sweeteners)

Feel free to ask if you have more questions :slight_smile:

@Squizzle hahaha thanks man

3 Likes

Cool thread yo
Iā€™m lurking here daily

3 Likes

Thank you!

Yesterday, I didnā€™t move off the couch, but just read your entire thread. I very much enjoyed reading your journey and your ups and downsā€¦ I hope I can keep up with updating my own thread (Iā€™ve started it just now):heart_eyes:

I probably will still have the odd can of Pepsi, but never the zero/dietā€¦ it just doesnā€™t taste right :see_no_evil::joy: I like the real sugar taste :heart_eyes: I used to drink tons of smoothies and iced fruit drinks too, especially the Costa mango ones! I didnā€™t actually think to check their calorie content :scream::see_no_evil:
Iā€™ve just made my second shake, using the banana flavour and oh myā€¦ itā€™s so overly sweet! I love sweet thingsā€¦ but I should have used half the little pouch!

I did actually just download the mfp app too. I will definitely start inputting everything Iā€™m consumingā€¦ should give me a good indication of either going over or under whilst Iā€™m starting outā€¦ is it easy to add the Huel? Iā€™ve not got scales so going by scoops?!

3 Likes

Day 37

I havenā€™t had my Huel yet but I just had to share this hilarious exchange: so I was on the phone with my dad and said
"I love Huel!!!"
to which my poor daddy dearest replied
"I love you too!"
I hadnā€™t the heart to tell him otherwiseā€¦I definitely do love him too though! :stuck_out_tongue: #HuelSuperFans

Weight: 57.9-58.1kg

Food Intake: (1426kcal)

• 56g NewHuel, 2.5g cocoa
  • 56g Huel, 1.5g MatchaFS
  • 100g Konjak noodles (9kcal) + 1/2 packet tomato sauce (33kcal)
  • 2 brioche & cs 4
  • 1 nectarine
  • 60g Huel Granola LOL I looove Huel Granola I literally munched on this for 1.5h while doing workā€¦fulfills my need for munching endlessly, and itā€™s not as sugary as regular Sainsburyā€™s Granola that I was racking up hundreds of calories on.
  • Dinnerā€“chicken, broccoli w nooch, 5 cherry tomatoes, 100g Konjak noodles (9kcal) + 1/2 packet tomato sauce (33kcal)

Other Observations:

• I get so dreadfully thirsty when I eat Huel Granolaā€¦any idea why? (Yeah I basically chug 1.5L of water after eating it lmao)
3 Likes

Chris - I reckon this is about the best Huel journal Iā€™ve come across here.

I love your energy, your use of language, your honesty and your consistent writing here. Brilliant!

Iā€™m just coming to the end of my first year on Huel, and the past seven months or so Iā€™ve been intermittent fasting, too, on a 16:8 basis. And I love it. I did want to lose a bit of weight, and in the first five months I went from 78kg to 69kg, which is right where I want to be. Maintaining that has been amazingly easy.

(Background - I donā€™t have a history or ED, or weight issues, or dieting, but a mate introduced me to Huel, and the big attraction initially was convenience and complete nutrition. Managing my weight down has been a bonus).

I weigh myself every morning, naked, as soon as I wake up, and write it down in a book. I also record how much Huel I have during the day (noted down in number of scoops) and note if I IFā€™d or not, as Iā€™m not too dogmatic about it.

Couple of FYIā€™s for youā€¦

1. I know itā€™s a bit old skool, but I weigh daily in pounds, as they are smaller and more granular than kilos, and then on the first of the month I weight in pounds and stones and kilos.

2. Iā€™ve learned not to worry about the small fluctuations day to day. Iā€™ve seen me drop 2lbs after a poo! Iā€™ve dropped a pound after a couple of hours working on a mateā€™s farm. Thereā€™s a lot of variables hour to hour, day to day, so try not to stress about the odd blip up - itā€™s usually nothing.

3. Iā€™ve also learned not to be too rigid about the IF. Sometimes a friend comes over and we get wired into chess, whiskey etc., and if the munchies strike late at night, as they sometimes do, Iā€™ll just go with it, and the day gets a X in the IF column in my book. Overall, I IF 70% to 85% of the days in any given month.

Overall you seem to be really loving the journey youā€™re on, and thatā€™s the main thing. Stress is not helpful, as youā€™ve noted yourself, and stressing about small occasional weight gains or missing an occasional IF is something you can choose not to do pretty easily.

You keep writing - Iā€™ll keep reading!

3 Likes

Day 38 (A Low Day)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :pensive: I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening, but since itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve had goal weightsā€¦ Iā€™m very happy to be hitting my first goal weight. But I feel disordered irrational thoughts creeping in. Logically, I know this is all following the same trajectory. Iā€™m losing weight gradually (not as fast as Huel 100% but I donā€™t think thatā€™s socially sustainable anyways). Iā€™m eating what I want. Iā€™m still doing IF. I weighed myself a bit earlier. Iā€™m happy to have maintained the weight I lost from last week. I know weight fluctuates.

But it seems like Iā€™m getting subconsciously quite distressed about it all. Two nights in a row Iā€™ve had dreams of eating sweets/binging/eating non-Huel foodā€¦Iā€™ve been kind of terrified to step on the scale and see that Iā€™ve exponentially gained weightā€¦I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening. I thought I was doing so well being a lot more objective and calm when perceiving the scale. I thought I WASNT restricting myself from sweets ā€œIā€™ll eat it if I want to, I just donā€™t want toā€: maybe I AM subconsciously developing an irrational fear of sugar. PLS HELP :frowning:

Weight: 58.1kg

Food Intake: (at least 2107kcal)

• 112g Huel, RhubarbFS
  • Lunch (II) ā€“ ~20g root veggie crisps, 2 smoked salmon w some pesto, cucumber & carrots, fruits
  • Binge ā€“ 50g brownie, cs 8 cake, cs 2/3 protein brownie, cs 3 bread rolls, cs 4 hot cross buns, 1.5 chocolate Rice Krispies, eat & cs 2 jelly donuts :doughnut:
  • Dinner ā€” 2 egg whites + 2g nooch + 200g konjac rice w 1.5T sesame sauce
  • Binge ā€“ cs & eat 2 chocolate Rice Krispies, cs 50g RitterSport Nugat Chocolate, cs 2 hot cross buns

Other Observations:

• Kinda sugar-binge: I couldnā€™t get my brotherā€™s brownie (of which I dreamt of) out of my head. I knew that if I ā€˜resistedā€™, I was subjecting myself to an impending full blown sugar binge. And so I enjoyed it. And proceeded to eat other sugary things too. I now realise that my ā€˜not eating sugarā€™ after 100% Huel was not so much whether or not I wanted it, but the primary reason (that I didnā€™t realise) was my fear of breaking streaks (and as it follows, once broken, swinging to an opposite extreme). Hardly a sustainable way to go. It was a mistake that I now acknowledge. The rest of the day isnā€™t for naught: Iā€™ll stick to IF, and probably within my calories. But going forth, Iā€™m NOT going to restrict myself from anything, be it eating outside food or eating sugar. I now know whatā€™s optimum nutrition, and I still want Huel to take up the bulk proportion of my meals simply because it tastes good and makes me feel the most balanced.
  • 5.23pm: I feel like absolute trash. Iā€™ve been eating non-stop for 3.5 hours. I have a massive headache so Iā€™ll go take a nap. Ugh this is so not worth it, but itā€™s a learning experience. Too much, too soon, and itā€™s really not worth feeling like crap. Letting myself eat sweets in moderation is still a better idea and mentally less distressing.
  • 8.23pm: I tried. I really did try. I tried to stay under 1600kcal by making dinner smaller and I succeeded! (1583kcal)ā€¦and then I proceeded to binge. Itā€™s so difficult to (and I thought I had, but apparently not) get rid of the all-or-nothing mindset, the ā€˜well iā€™m going to gain weight anyway might as well eat everything now and start over tomorrowā€™.
  • I suppose this has to do with control: I was afraid that my hitting 58.0kg, which I havenā€™t stayed at in the last 3 years, was fluke and Iā€™d just bounce back to where I was. So part of me wanted to regain that controlā€¦almost as though ā€œif I gain weight, itā€™ll be on my own accordā€. I know it makes no sense, but this is where my brain is at rn.
  • Nonetheless, Iā€™m going to STOP. Even if all my goals arenā€™t met for the day, I can still meet my 8h IF goal.
  • Iā€™m legit crying I canā€™t ahhh this is just bringing back the barrage of fears: that I wonā€™t be able to cut calories without going full ED mode or bingeing. That Iā€™m doomed to live with the distress of ED. That I simply donā€™t have enough willpower and am kinda useless.
  • To anyone whoā€™s reading: Iā€™d really appreciate some words of encouragement to get back on trackā€¦please help me think rationally & objectively again. Itā€™s so mentally exhausting sigh :frowning:

Troubleshoot/Plans for the After-Binge:

• Acknowledging Efforts/Being more objective:
  1. Didnā€™t binge til like 3000+kcal ā€“ I DID stop.
  2. Didnā€™t punish myself with destructive habits. Instead, took a warm shower and re-evaluated the situation.
  3. Still did Intermittent Fasting.
  4. It was maybe 200kcal over maintenance. Itā€™s okay. What matters is making the choice to continue to be consistent since that works.
  5. I kept trying to do my best at every stage.
  6. I didnā€™t push myself to the absolute edge of feeling stuffed and purging.
  7. Didnā€™t eat cookies! :stuck_out_tongue: (My goal until 31/5, not actually missing them tbh)
  • Learn from the experience:
  1. I will include sweets in my diet. Not including them makes me binge on them.
  2. Trust the process more than the result ā€“ it is more important that Iā€™m consistent with my actions, than to be so hung up on the number on the scale. Yes I have goal weights, but thereā€™s no reason to be stressed about it.
  3. Acknowledge that there will be high days and low days. What matters is bouncing back from a setback instead of giving up.
  4. Knowing how to transition from an experiment is important, especially with a background of ED. I knew better than to continue 100% Huel til I broke, but I didnā€™t foresee a sugar-breakdown haha.
  5. Iā€™ve learnt that I donā€™t want to forgo social events and eating out. Itā€™s okay to reject it because I donā€™t actually want that food or want to save money, but itā€™s a problem if it starts causing me distress and the fear of gaining weight if I eat out.
  6. Recognising indicators of things getting problematic: like feeling guilty for eating a 400g packet of butternut squash lmao wtf. (although itā€™s gr8 that Iā€™m legit craving butternut squash & salmon haha)
  • Steps to take:
  1. Prepare myself for the weight gain on the scale tomorrow. (Not going to ā€˜compensateā€™ for today.)
  2. Go back to the usual routine: 1350-1550kcal, IF 12-8pm, Water before & during meals, include sweets, eat Huel for lunch & dinner tmr. Using the cue of not wanting to go to sleep stuffed.
  3. Go out occasionally (especially since itā€™s going to be my birthday week in 3 days! :smiley: ), because losing weight fast < having the ability to eat outside food.
1 Like

Hello! Iā€™m following this thread as well and have been reading it with interest :slight_smile: @jeffy89 thank you so much for documenting your interesting journey! I am coming back to this thread every couple of days to read your updates, as I myself have started eating Huel about two weeks ago for lunch only though :stuck_out_tongue: I feel like Iā€™m quite similar to you, Iā€™m also tiny (5 foot 2 / 158 cm), tend to gain weight very easily and I am a graduate student so have studies / social life / drinking / stress and weird sleep patterns as well.

I also wanted to respond to some feedback/discussion regarding you taking a relaxed / chill disposition towards your weightloss journey (until here, I havenā€™t read the latest posts yet). I also really appreciate that youā€™re trying to ease yourself into weight loss without trying to feel restricted or pressured following your past eating experience, and I think you should hold onto that relaxed disposition.

Following @GTIPuG input, on the need for restriction for weight loss: For me, weight loss (or I donā€™t call it that either, I prefer to focus on body-fat / muscle ratio, how I look in my clothes and increases in stamina / body strength) is not about restriction at all. I love food and will never stop loving food, so as soon as I start feeling like Iā€™m ā€œrestrictingā€ myself, I know it will not be sustainable in the long run. Iā€™ve lost 12 kg successfully without restricting any food (weighing 48kg / 106lbs at my lightest point), but changing daily eating habits, exercising (about 3-4 times a week of heavy exercise) and occasionally indulging. So instead of eating store-bought cookies/snacks/crisps, baking my own sweet potato egg muffins, or banana-egg pancakes or what not, and occasionally just indulging in whatever I want (for one meal though, not a whole day of that).

So @jeffy89 if youā€™ll allow me to give you tips on what worked for me :slight_smile: : I lost the most weight while I was still going to the pub nearly every night (for drinks, not food), eating out several times a week and going out clubbing about two times a week. The things I did that helped were: making tasty food that I liked and was healthy (I was eating more paleo then but am vegetarian now so eating more carbs) if you like cookies etc, how about trying to make these things yourself? e.g. peanut butter, honey and oatmeal bars take like 5 mins to make and 3 ingredients, and are tasty and healthy (even though high in calories) Fitmencook and blogilates have great tips on healthy, tasty snacks. Also, if you go out / drink multiple times a week, just replace your alcoholic drinks with ginger beer or soda water or something. And exercise does help, but try and do strength training instead if you donā€™t like exercise (you donā€™t need to go running or do cardio to lose fat, just train with some weights. Itā€™s easier and less aversive than having to run for an hour, you get quick results (in fat loss) and donā€™t worry, you will not get bulky! trust me! if you build more muscle, you will lose fat mass in your body, making you look slimmer and toned, and burn more energy doing your daily activities. this is what helped me with weight loss. although I did also do HIIT workouts and I got to like running so did a 10 km run every week lol)

Also, I can understand that this is what you like, but I wouldnā€™t worry about weight so much. if youā€™re increasing muscle mass and losing fat, you might actually gain weight / maintain. I only weighed myself once a week or once every two weeks and it causes a lot less stress about these small fluctuations.

I have gained about 4kg again, but I am currently weighing 54 kg (119 pounds) at 5"2 and I am happy with that. Currently, I am not exercising much (just cycling about 40 minutes a day to the lab) and doing yoga (although trying to increase this) and just eating Huel for lunch and not restricting myself much otherwise, going out for drinks as well (but I donā€™t like eating cookies /sweets much, but I do love ice cream now and then).

Anyways, good luck with it! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Lighteater Robert ā€“ Wow, your post really made my day; itā€™s such high praise and makes me want to keep writing :smiley:

Thanks for your comments and advice, awesome to hear that Huel has been such a positive addition for you too. Itā€™s great to have you following my little Huel journal-blog, read on! :smiley:

@Clarius Whoa where did you lurkers suddenly come from :stuck_out_tongue: Am very happy to read your in-depth response, I kinda always assumed I was writing to a blank-wall audience xD
Thank you for your tips, it helps reading about your experience too so I can see potential areas I can tweak my actions if I run into a dead-end.
And thanks for following me on my journey! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly, I think Iā€™ve said it before in this thread but with as little intentional offence as possible - Iā€™d recommend therapy for getting over that final hurdleā€¦ Something isnā€™t right up there and is setting you off, itā€™d do wonders to get it sorted properly rather than battling your own mind.

Edit: Not sure who said it above but I honestly think engaging with weights/fitness would do wonders. It helps to see food as fuel for your gains rather than just something to eat and pass time. It helped me escape obesity and itā€™s also helped a girl at work escape an ED. Sheā€™s gone from eating 1200 cals a day and being paranoid to eating 2400 a day and gaining a booty and abs. Itā€™s not hard to get into, /r/Fitness on Reddit has a cracking Wiki.

1 Like

Day 39

Weight: 57.8-58.0kg sugar is not the devil! CICO. And yeah I know the weight may take a while to show but itā€™s ok.

Food Intake: (1503kcal)

• 100g NewHuel, 500ml almond milk, 2g ChocFS this was so gooooood! but a lil too thick for my liking
  • Snacksā€”12 butterfinger minis, 100g skyr + 2T almond milk + 15g Huel granola, 3 slices ham, 2 egg whites 1 egg yolk nooch
  • 112g Huel, 3g MatchaFS I used to think I could barely taste the matcha, but now it tastes pretty strong and sweet

Exercise: Cycling & 1h Hip Hop

Other Observations:

• I donā€™t get as drop-dead tired as I did on 100% Huel (like muscle-drained, brain-fogged kind of exhausted)
  • Birthday Present!: For my birthday (yes Iā€™m going to be dropping this word a lot for the next week :stuck_out_tongue: I canā€™t help it! Itā€™s exam week too and the mood is just grim, so I gotta hype myself up) AND as a goal-weight reward, Iā€™m getting a Fitbit! Iā€™ve been eyeing it for 2 years now, and could never justify the price. But birthdays and goal weights are sufficient reasons no? :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m getting it to realise how many steps Iā€™m NOT taking lmao and to just, for a start, incentivise me to move more (sort of an instant gratification mechanism).
  • 10.36pm: Iā€™m peckishhhhhhh lol I just want to eat so I donā€™t do work lmao. NO.
  • 1+am: Was so hungry my stomach was growling :ā€™( I coulda sworn Iā€™d had 1500kcal?? Ah well better than feeling too full xD Looking forward to my Huel tomorrow!

@GTIPuG Hahaha donā€™t worry I take your comments with a pinch of salt so no offence taken; post away! :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, I HAVE gone for and am in therapy, since 2016. Trust me that post up was there was the tip of the ice berg, itā€™s way better than what it used to be (imagine that, but every single day with more extremity and self destruction. Yep, thatā€™s ED for you!). Unfortunately, itā€™s kind of rare to ever be completely cured, and therapy isnā€™t magic. It just gives you tools you gotta apply to combat the ED and not let it take control of you, aka yea itā€™s still a mind battle :confused: Oh well. Such is life. I keep trying.
Re: Fitness Iā€™ll look into that more during my Summer holidays! Iā€™m probably going to get into Krav Maga/MMA and condiitioning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oi cheer up you! Look at it this way - If I put in 1KG of steak, the most I can physically gain is 1KG of weight the next day. If youā€™ve eaten say 200g of sugar and it hasnā€™t shown on the scale, donā€™t expect it to. Gaining weight takes as much consistency as losing it, itā€™s just much more easy to indulge in being consistent with eating too much. :smiley: Easier said than done, I know, but chillllllll :smiley:

Ahhh fantastic, if you get into it enough it can often become an addiction and lifestyle (in a good way!).

2 Likes