Espresso making huel a lot thicker?

A couple of times now I’ve tried adding a double espresso to huel. First time I left in the fridge at work to chill after and it was really thick. Thinking maybe the heat had done this I’ve now, at home, put a double espresso over ice and stir till cold, then added more water added the huel in a blender. And it’s really thick again, c/w with just huel or with a flavour boost.

Any ideas of what physics or chemistry is going on that thickens it?

Some smarter people than me at Huel HQ having given me two reasons, not sure if anyone has any other explanations:

1 - Temperature
2 - The gums we use

1. Temperature and dynamic velocity are inversely proportional, the colder a liquid gets the thicker it gets.

2. Due to the hydration period of the gum blend we currently use, Huel get’s thicker over time.

So when it is taken out the fridge and brought back to room temperature the thickness won’t change significantly. So the first time for you, the fridge made it thicker and the second time blending with ice did.

blending/crushing ice into a drink will always make it thicker = whatever the liquid - stirring ice cubes into it will not as you are cooling the liquid faster and more evenly when you blend it. It’s basic physics - colder = denser, hotter = more fluid, very hot = gaseous. The espresso does not have any impact on this.

Thanks both!
However, when at home I always add ice and it doesn’t have the effect to the same level. Usually I just add the ice in the blender (just 4 small cubes, not making an ice blended huel!) and pour the water in to cool it. This is my “normal” method

When adding the espresso I poured that over the ice, then added the water. So the temperature and volume of liquid is pretty much the same - but once the huel blended in it is thicker. It’s not an issue, I was just curious to see if anyone else had seen the same and if anyone knew why.