First huel full up can't finish

Well I’ll persevere for sure, if only because I have 2 bags here and I’m not just gonna throw them out.

Since it was my first try I sipped it, being a bit cautious about the taste and the texture. I downed 400 ml in about 20 minutes. But with every sip it got just a bit harder to swallow. I’ll see how it is after it’s cooled down a bit in the fridge.

@Modin
I’d recommend making it the night before and leaving it to soak and chill in the fridge over night.
Soaking it improves the texture massively and makes it smoother. It also makes it tastier.
The chocolate is much nicer if you add a tsp of raw cacao powder or some of the cacao flavour boost

1 Like

Oh - also adding milk of some description to the chocolate premix makes it really good.
Personally I like Oatly, but whatever your preference for plant or dairy milk will make an improvement.
You don’t need to add much - I do 200ml plant milk and 400ml water

1 Like

It does take a bit of getting used to. That grainy texture never really goes away, but I found after a week or so I didn’t really notice it any more.

Definitely try refrigerating it overnight as others have suggested. It makes it much smoother. You say you don’t have a blender, but do you have an electric whisk? Or a stick blender? I use a whisk, because it’s easier than using and cleaning out the blender, and chilled overnight it’s very smooth. Beats shaking! I always get lumps if I shake.

At the moment I’m using 200ml hazelnut milk + 200ml water with 2.5 scoops of Huel but it’s definitely worth experimenting to find some good blends for you. Have a look around the forum, as there are tons of suggestions. :grin:

With the change in scoops, it can be misleading now. Did you use 3 v1 scoops, or 3 v2 scoops? The v1 scoop holds around 35-45g of Huel, the v2 scoop holds about 50-60g. 3 scoops of the v2 would be excessive.

To be clear, the recommended serving size is 100g of Huel. A trusty kitchen scale solves all problems when needing to measure your food by the gram. :smiley:

The scoop on the right is the UK one. I presume the one on the left is the USA scoop. I weigh all mine anyway, only use the scoop to transfer powder out of the bag or container.

I am from USA, the scoop on the right was used until the beginning of this year. We now use the scoop on the left, and Huel made a facebook announcement about the change. (Where I stole the image from)

Huh. I wonder if that’s just a US thing or worldwide?

I use the old scoops. I guess most ‘scoopers’ will, since Huel doesn’t send out new ones with every order, unless requested.

I’m not a ‘measurer’ as I can’t be arsed to get the scales out of the drawer every time I want to make up some Huel. I ought to, as I need to lose weight, but I’m lazy…

Get a little digi scale, plonk it on the bench and get into the habit of filling your Huel vessel with water, placing it onto scale (usually takes a couple of seconds to turn on and zero itself) then dump your scoops in until you hit your number.

Takes all of 10 seconds from filling the vessel.

Helps me immensely with calorie management at this time of year when really shredding back that layer of fat for summer.

1 Like

Ah the eternal scoop chat! A favo[u]rite topic!

Sorry for any confusion. The USA have different scoops/serving recommendations. They have a 50g scoop. The rest of the Huel world are still using the standard ones but we are looking to swap them at some point to bring everyone in line.

:+1:

Funnily enough I have been experimenting with a 50g scoop. It is this one. The scale was zeroed. Annoyingly it is showing 45g but that was actually one of the more off the mark readings but there is no point me faking the photo. I have found on the whole it to be much more accurate than the current scoops (although it is diff. than the one you are proposing) and generally 2 level scoops are around 97 to 102g. More often than not 97 to 99. That is close enough for me, and I may resort to using scoops more often. Certainly it is good when away from home and I can’t weigh so easily.

I hated the chocolate, tasted like dirt and or coconut. And the texture wasn’t like other flavours I had previously and made me feel a bit sick.

Contacted Huel and they sent me some from a different batch, it tasted very different (still not chocolaty enough) but with a better texture too.