How do you flavour your Huel?

Ive just started with huel - I thought I’d have a problem with the vanilla to start with, but got used to it within a couple of days- still a bit sweet though, so next time I’m going 50% unflavoured. Coffee and cinnamon are great - I’ve got a nutmeg and clove in the fridge which tastes promising.

I liked this idea, and put a couple of bananas in the freezer yesterday. Went to try it just now, and of course I couldn’t get the peel off ! I guess i should have peeled them first, duh :roll_eyes:

Now I’m going to try microwaving a frozen banana for a few seconds… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thank you. I thought only I was daft enough to do that :grin:

Oh good, not just me then. :grinning:

3 scoops vanilla huel +1 inch cinnamon stick + 1/3 whole nutmeg.
Nutribullet for 1 minute
Tastes like creme brulee :grinning:

Wow, I’m so surprised that a cinnamon stick blended!

Nutribullets are great! :grinning:

Once it defrosted (very quick, didn’t need the microwave), it just went to mush and was dee-licious with the Huel.

1. Hazelnut Coffee Cold Brew + Huel Chocolate flavor boost + Powdered Cinnamon + Vanilla Huel
  2. Vanilla Huel + Pumpkin Pie Spice + Honey

Make your own cold brew:

• 250grams coffee beans
  • Grind coffee in the coarsest grind (slightly coarser than for french press)
  • Get a big bowl, add the coffee grind + 1litre of cold water
  • Let sit for 24hrs in the fridge (covered)
  • Using a strainer (round metal ones work) pass all the brew and let the grinds strain for a while.
  • Add a paper towel to the strainer and pass again to get rid of the smaller particles in the brew.
  • Put in a sealable bottle or jar. This can last weeks to months in the fridge.

Too much milk makes me gassy so I add just a little cream to the water mix to enrich the flavor.

I’ve recently tried adding Naked brand juice mixes to it as well. (Because I’m too lazy to chop and blend) and the strawberry banana flavor in vanilla huel with a little cream and just a tablespoon of natural cane sugar is absolutely devine. I’ve thought about trying Carrot juice to get maybe a carrot cake flavor but I wasn’t brave enough to experiment with that yet.

I just tried by accident …
Vanilla Huel (not the new version) with vanilla extract (baking isle flavouring) as I didn’t check the label when I poured it in … AND then I added salted caramel flavouring (the one I was supposed to put in, in the first place )
A little sweet but certainly palatable :+1:

Peanut butter and mocha flavour - delicous

Tried something new this morning. Using U/U as a base, I added a teaspoon each of turmeric powder, paprika, cacao and mocha flavour boost.

I know it sounds a bit weird but it was strangely nice.

This sounds interesting. Chilli and chocolate is a good combo so I can see your take on it working too. Will give it a go, thanks!

Made Katsu curry Huel today.

In the shaker, dissolve a chicken stock cube in a bit of hot water. Add half a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of soy sauce.

Top up with cold water then add your usual dosage of Huel and on top of that, a couple of heaped teaspoons of Katsu curry powder (or just regular curry powder as long as it includes star anise).

Shake it like a polaroid picture and leave in the fridge to improve texture.

Om nom nom.

Hi!
I am new to Huel and I really like the concept and my experience with Huel has been great so far.
I ordered each “flavor” (original vanilla/vanilla improved, U/U) and I like every single one of them, because I think that every flavor serves its purpose - the new vanilla being quite sweet compared to the original one, so it’s perfect for my sweet tooth and of course the U/U is good for experiments.

Savory Huels are probably more difficult to make, but I want to share my “recipe” with you:

• dissolve about 1 tsp of veggie stock in hot water
  • put appr. 400 ml of tomato juice into the shaker and add the stock
  • 3 scoops of U/U
  • shake shake shake
  • add about 1 tsp of Sriracha and 1 tsp soy sauce
  • add water or more tomato juice to your taste

You could probably also replace or add soy sauce with/to Worcestershire sauce, respectively.
I will try some herbs (thyme, basil, oregano) or maybe tomato paste next time, but I was in a rush.

Please forgive any grammar/spelling mistakes, I am not a native speaker :slight_smile:.

Cheers!

Replying to an old post as I searched for Vegemite and it’s not mentioned too much!

Made mine as a salted caramel kinda version using yogurt, Vegemite, milk, Vanilla Huel, grated dark chocolate, and a banana.

Sweeter than expected but not sure if I need to increase the Vegemite and/or reduce the chocolate.

My current favourite is two heaped teaspoons of caramel flavoured instant coffee, water, 100g Huel and a banana, all blended nicely :slight_smile:

I’m about to buy huel and my brain has literally gone crazy with loads of ideas of what to add to it either to flavour it, or to add certain extra nutrients I need in my special diet (mostly for me I have to have a lot of fibre and vitamin C). The ideas I have so far are the following, I hope to make a log or something to see how each experiment goes and how I have to adjust the water amount to get the texture I want :slight_smile:

Flavours:
Tomato (powder, might try puree but powder might mix better?) + dried or fresh basil
Finely grated cheese (will try cheddar, parmesan, think a hard cheese might work better?) or add a cheese sauce mix. If I can find some dried bacon or maybe even bacon seasoning or bacon bits from salad that might taste quite good with it, especially with the cheese or just bacon flavour on its own
Cinnamon (+/- nutmeg)
Juices
Teas of different kinds, especially green tea and chamomile tea I’d love to try (brewed and cooled slightly, no milk)
Oat milk, rice milk
Liquorice flavouring
Aniseed flavouring
Peppermint/spearmint oil + fresh mint
I’ve seen lots of other food flavourings that I might see if they work, especially ones like butterscotch, gingerbread, rose, violet, red velvet… they’re kind of meant for cakes but they can probably be added in small quantities.
Stock cubes/gravy in some form

Adding stuff in…
Milled seed mix (flax seed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed)
Crumbled weetabix or possibly any cereal
Ground oats (or whole)
Fruit
Sesame seeds
Poppy seeds

My friend suggested trying quinoa or semolina but as much as I love semolina I don’t know how on earth either would work haha. I might try adding some huel next time I make semolina pudding?

And then there’s obviously the flavour packets. I don’t know if half of these might work but if anyones interested I thought I might share my ideas, and if there are any that ruin it or don’t really work at all it might be useful to know if anything I’ve suggested changes the way huel works or anything?

@aj_160563’s kitchen for the next week! :point_down:

scientist

Let us know how they all go! Interested to hear the results on the tomato and basil idea :smiley: