Huel + Raspberry Ketones + Matcha powder

Interesting, but how do they do that?

My impression from reading studies was that it’s nothing to do with increasing metabolism, it’s to do with introducing ketones into the body. However, research has shown that the only way to actually introduce and use those ketones is when they’re produced naturally as part of a ketogenic diet, during which high protein and high fat but low carb foods are consumed.

As James said above, I remain skeptical for now due to the nature of the supplement industry. Perhaps in time we’ll see full research. I seem to be able to strip fat just by maintaining calorie deficit.

As I said previously, Raspberry ketones haven’t been proven in humans to increase metabolic rate, but Matcha green tea and Garcinia Cambogia have. You also need to calculate your body mass in order work out your calorie deficit in order to get your body into a keto state where it burns fat. A simple low carb diet is an easy way to do it. Simply avoid or eat very little of anything classed as carbohydrate. So less bread, pasta, pastry, potato (and other root veg), and more meat & fish (proteins) salads, nuts, seeds and any other natural unprocessed food. Huel on its own without the additives that I’ve added can achieve this if you get the sums right. I have two scoops of Huel with Alpro oat milk in the morning, and same again at around midday, then a normal dinner. Remember, It’s not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle change. Hope this kinda helps!

1 Like

Huel doesn’t have the macronutrients for a ketogenic diet to be feasible. It can be modified for low carb, but not low enough for ketosis. A far more efficient way to get ketones in your body than raspberry ketones is MCT oil, particularly C8 and C10. Obviously a ketogenic diet will also achieve the same. From what I’ve seen of raspberry ketones, you’d need an extremely large amount to see beneficial effects from them in humans.

My mother and I tried Raspberry Ketones. We both had to stop because we were getting missed beats, and unpleasant episodes of tachycardia.

Oh dear, that doesn’t surprise me. These untested fad supplements really scare me. It’s scary how people just hoover up the nonsense and buy them in desperation to lose weight. Much easier to just eat less and move more.

2 Likes

I would suggest speaking to your GP about that. Personally I’ve never had any problems. If anything, I’m slightly bradycardic with a resting heart rate of around 50 bpm. If you can’t tolerate raspberry ketones. Try Garcinia cambogia and Matcha. Even if Raspberry ketones haven’t been tested in humans, they have in lab rats. So it’s not nonsense. Plus i love raspberries!