Ileostomy

Hello, I have an Ileostomy and I’m wondering whether HUEL is safe to use. Also, assuming it is, I’m wondering whether, for weight loss, the normal variety or the new Black label would be best. Any help gratefully received. Thank you

Hi Marcus. The people best qualified to answer your questions are @JamesCollier and @Dan_Huel
Also, if you type ileostomy into the search box you will find a few threads on the subject. Please keep us posted as to how you get on with Huel :+1:

Hi @marcusjsavage

Huel is fine to consume for patients who have had an ileostomy. I would recommend, however, that you do not consume large amounts in one go and that you sip your Huel over a period of time.

For weight loss, either variety of Huel would be useful. Huel gives you the means to monitor your calorie intake very precisely.

Hi James, thanks for your reply.
Here are a few more details - to avoid any misunderstandings.

1. I still have an Ileostomy.

2. I have Crohn’s disease

In terms of the regular or Black Huel please note the following:

I am allergic to shellfish, almonds: and articula sweeteners like sorbitol cause diarrhoea.

Does this change your advice at all?

Many thanks,

Marcus Savage

Marcus J. Savage

There’s no polyol sweeteners (like sorbitol) in any Huel products, but if you wish to avoid sucralose, then Black would be your best option.

Currently, regular Huel Powder, due to the kelp, has a ‘may contain traces of shellfish’ warning, so best avoid.

So, sounds like Black is best for you :slight_smile:

1 Like