Is Huel just right or too sweet?

I’m not finding it too sweet, i am finding it a bit bitter though and barely any vanilla taste. 3 scoops/500ml.

Seems like I’m in a minority here. Got my first batch last week and went for vanilla as recommended. I’m finding it way too sweet, even with twice the amount of water and additional flavourings. I think the problem for me is the sucralose; can’t stand artificial sweeteners and I’m struggling to manage it as a result. Will move to the unsweetened version ASAP and try mixing them I think.

1 Like

It’s just right. (And I don’t have a sweet tooth)

Minority, but significant minority. Adding up the comments in this thread, seems about 67% just right, 33% too sweet.

I think it is better to err on the side less sweet, because as @Richard27 commented, “if people want it sweeter, they can add their own sweetener and adjust to personal taste.”

1 Like

This is exactly the kind of thing I would do too :slight_smile:

Once they come out with a vanilla flavour pack, it probably won’t matter much either way. If it’s too sweet, people can mix with a bit of unflavoured Huel. If it’s not sweet enough, they can add the extra flavouring.

The interesting thing for me is, though, I’ve recently started having my Huel thicker than I used to, so I’ve been noticing the sweetness more. A very slightly less sweet version would probably be fine for me now.

I’ve requested that the next batch of flavour to be produced is 12.5% less sweet. I’ve tried it and it like it. This should be live is approx 6 weeks.

4 Likes

Perfect! The more I’ve been using Huel (both time on it and more Huel meals per day) the more I’ve found it being too sweet (and I’ve started mixing in more and more unflavoured). It’s lovely for baking or making a sweet milkshake with cocoa, but that’s easier to make more sweet anyway; when cravings start going toward savoury a mild vanilla less sweet version would be great, thanks team!

Vanilla is juuuuust right.

What will the new version be called?

v 1.3?
v 1.2.1?
v 1.2a?
The Even Slightly Less Sweet Version?

:grinning:

1 Like

Just right!

Am currently doing that, but it’s more fuss, which is undesirable.

Will soon switch to using flavor (something not sweet like coco powder) and all UU. It’s just less hassle if you only use one.

Although lots of people do seem to find the vanilla just right. So maybe it shouldn’t change.

1 Like

It’s just right! :slight_smile:

Definitely too sweet!

1 Like

It’s perfect don’t change it!

Changed my mind

I don’t know what was up with my taste buds when I bashed the vanilla, but I’m having it now for breakfast and I have to say - just right.

Just right.

Maybe a tiny bit too sweet.

1 Like

Just Right

I tried the regular from a friend and it was way to sweet for me, sucralose the artificial sweetener isnt particularly good for you.

Ive just ordered a sample of the unsweetened just now, cant wait

1 Like