Is Huel just right or too sweet?

Too sweet

…for me at least, or rather the sweetener is too strong tasting (tastes a bit like cold diet coke). It’s only my first order though so will be trying unsweetened next time.

1 Like

I started having it for the first time a few days ago and I went for the unsweetened version. Funny how despite that, I find it sweet, but I’m not very used to have sweet stuff or sugar so that might be the reason why.

1 Like

That’s great to have my misconception fixed, thanks

1 Like

Just started with vanilla huel for breakfast and it is very sweet to me, I’m using the recommended dilution using a blender and storing in a fridge overnight.
I’ll be looking for ways to reduce the sweetness for the rest of my current order and probably moving to unsweetened for my next order.

If you add more water it will make it less sweet.

I’ve just completed my first month of Huel (1 meal per day on average) and just signed up to a subscription. I do find the vanilla Huel slightly too sweet on its own. But I just mix it with the unsweetened version to bring it down a step.

That said, if I’ve got a sweet craving, it’s nice to have the option. 100% Vanilla Huel mixed with some frozen fruit (mango / pineapple / banana) and a dash of coconut water/milk is a great and relatively guilt-free “treat”.

2 Likes

Just right

I’m going to give it a try with more water, I also want to try adding something bitter such as cocoa powder to see what that does to the flavour and sweetness.

When i first tired it, it was too sweet, so i mixed it with Un/Un, and that worked for a while, but that I started to dislike the sweetness altogether.

Just right" or very close.

I think it’s too sweet.

1 Like

Too sweet for me

1 Like

Just right.

To sweet (Gluten free one)

I’m probably one of the people Huel 1.0 was made for as I don’t find Vanilla nearly sweet enough as is.

Too sweet (Huel 2.0 Vanilla)

1 Like

Since v2.0 too salty. I get a salty aftertaste that lasts all day (well over 8 hours, as the days go on it seems to be lasting into the next morning) and seems to stay there even after eating other strongly flavoured foods and drinks in the evenings. Once their natural flavour has passed the salty aftertaste returns.

Can’t just be salt since I don’t get this effect from regular salty foods.

Unfortunately means I have to return my Huel and look for another product or go back to having regular lunches.

hey

Yeah I agree with some people, version 1.0 was just right for me and I’ve fond it less and less palatable as the various other versions have came out.

I think the big problem is that we, the people who don’t find it sweet enough, don’t have a way to change that. For people who find it too sweet, they at least have an option in terms of mixing it with unsweetened to find whatever balance suits them.

But short of a vanilla flavour pouch being released as was mentioned/considered a while back, we’re stuck with it as it is.

So I would certainly hope that it doesn’t get any less sweet or I’ll simply have to stop buying. And I wouldn’t complain if some of the sweetness and vanilla came back even to 1.2 levels if not 1.0, as of course the people that find that oo sweet can just add a portion of unsweetened to find their preferred balance.

Yes you do. Huel flavour packs, stevia, agave syrup, MyProtein flavour drops (made with sucralose, just like Huel contains), fruit, to name just a few that spring to mind. That should give you enough options to be going on with.

1 Like