Made the first step by making an order

Hi,

So took the first step in my weight loss journey, and made my first order.

I’m 35 years old, been heavy set my whole life, want to lose some weight to become a healthier husband and father, I also enjoy swimming and badminton, but my weight has now stopped me playing, do to the stress if puts on my limbs being so obese.

My starting weight is …(let’s assume I need to lose in excess of 7 stone and my height is 6"3. I would like to achieve this within 12 months, with the first goal of 1 stone loss by Christmas.

I have a gym membership and plan to start using it once I have gained some confidence, probably 2-3 stone loss.

I am planning on having 3 huel shakes a day and an evening meal around 750 calories, making my daily total 2250 calories, after 1 month, I will remove 1 shake getting me down to 1750 calories a day.

I am nervous and excited at the same time.

wish me luck,

Chris

2 Likes

Hi Chris, i’m kind of in the same boat, very overweight with 5 stone to lose, i’m 37 and started on Huel yesterday. I’ve already lost 2.5 stone and part of that was by facing my fears and getting myself into the gym. I’ve switched to Huel as it’s time for a food change, but the best advice i can give is overcome any issues about being big and going to the gym. The rower was fantastic start for me, low impact but great all body workout. Start with x2 500meter rows. Work out your rest period by resting for half the time it took ypu to row 500meters and just slowly increase from there. I also can now take part in HIIT classes and do weight training 3 times a week. just go for it, don’t pot it off, it will give you confidence from the off.

Good luck with it i hope you smash it :slight_smile:

Cheers Mark

2 Likes

Good luck!
I don’t know how much you’ve read on the forums- but don’t be disheartened if you don’t enjoy your first huel. It seems most people have to adjust to the taste. But it’s worth it, you’ll probably notice other changes in your health due to the complete micro nutrients. You may have to experiment with flavours, liquid quantities and mixing methods until you find your favourite recipe for huel.
If you have a gym membership that you’re paying for monthly, I highly suggest finding time to use some of the facilities asap just so you’re not wasting your money. I understand not wanting to though- I used to be quite overweight and was absolutely terrified of swimming pools (due to unforgiving swimwear) and gyms. Swimming is very low impact so would be ideal if other sports are too harsh on your joints. It may be worth contacting the gym for advice on what times are quietest so you can build confidence. To be honest I’m still terrified of gyms!

Great tips, thanks very much

Good advise, thanks very much

1 Like

Welcome to the Huel Community! You can definitely do this :slight_smile: and if you’re finding you can’t, we’ll be here to support you!

Up and at 'em!

1 Like

There’s a guy at my gym who started boxing after my boxing session, and lifting weights with a PT and he’s lost about 5st in 7 months! He looks amazing!

If you can bite the bullet - get to your gym and get a consultation and download some weight training programmes.

If you have a local parkrun - join it, and walk it. You’ll very quickly start to add in some jogging spurts - good luck!

2 Likes