Mint-Chocolate Preblend!

@Bee what’s your final verdict then? Have you drunk it now it’s been fridged?

1 Like

Liking it much more chilled. Time will tell :smile:

2 Likes

Got mine today and just made a couple and put them in the fridge, had a little taster and not to sure yet, just like Bee said. Will try it later when it’s chilled :smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

More reviews pls

1 Like

My order should arrive today (Saturday 22nd) so on Sunday evening I’ll post my brief review as by then I’ll have had around four shakes.

1 Like

Just had my first one after being in the fridge all night. Personally I can’t say yummy, it’s definitely nicer being in the fridge ( like the other flavours ), but I can’t say I love it. It’s ok and maybe after a few more I might like it more, I will let you know.
I noticed on the bag the weight is slightly lower, 1.73kg as my original vanilla is 1.75kg, and these new bags seem to open better. As mentioned in other threads the strip doesn’t come off cleanly when opening the other bags anymore but this one came of easier in one go.

1 Like

@Pavonine
I’m trying your recipe vs premix now.
In the name of science I used the same ratio of powder to water with both mixes.
In the name of not getting more fat, I halved the quantities as I made one of each! (So did 75g Vanilla powder, 375ml water, 2.5g FS) But it’s worth noting that my kitchen scales only weigh to the nearest gram so I think I probably used slightly more mint choc booster than you usually would, by maybe 0.5-1g.

My verdict:
-The Vanilla + FS definitely has a more chocolatey flavour and also you can taste the vanilla flavour more strongly too (which I personally think tastes like butter toffee). So it almost tastes like Murray mints (remember them??) plus chocolate.
@Pavonine you will already know what this mix tastes like! But I’m putting my impression here so my verdict on the premix has a comparison to my personal taste buds.

• The Mint Choc Premix seems slightly less sweet, less intense, not as chocolatey definitely, the vanilla base is less obvious, and the overall effect is more subtle. I actually prefer the premix now. I find it goes down a treat. It’s easier to drink somehow. Like I said previously, it’s not so much ‘WOW that’s delicious’, but more ‘mmmm yes that’s very nice, very drinkable’. Some people might like to do a slightly stronger concentration of powder to water, others might want to add a tiny smidge of extra flavour system to it. I thought I would need to, the first time I tried it, but after a few shakes I really like it just as it is. I think the FS version is one that’s nice once in a while, whereas the premix is easier to drink all the time.

It’s worth noting that buying it as a premix saves you £7.50 having to purchase the flavour system on top. This saves me quite a lot as it was my favourite flavour and I used a full tsp per shake.

If mint choc is one of your favourite flavours and you drink it a lot, i’d say definitely try the premix it could become your favourite premix!
If you kinda don’t mind the mint choc fs or mint choc isn’t really a flavour that you love, it’s probably best sticking to the flavour boosts so you can just have it once in a while as a change.

Any serious mint choccers could always add mint choc fs to their mint choc premix and get the most intense flavour yet hahahaha.

Anyone who likes to reduce the buttery toffee sweetness of vanilla with unflavoured before adding the FS will probably love the mint choc premix.
If you really really like the intense toffee of new vanilla, you might find the premix a bit lacking (?)
It’s hard to say.
But I think the premix is great and definitely worth trying. It’s not the kind of thing you won’t be able to drink (unless you hate mint choc!!! In which case don’t buy it lol), so it’s worth ordering a bag to see what you think.

7 Likes

@ChristinaT Thank you!
My “weekday flavour” is currently matcha, and I like to have a mint chocolate treat at the weekend :laughing:
I think I will probably like it, and as you said it will save me money so I’ll pop a bag in my next order! You just need to develop a matcha premix next @Tim_Huel :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed insight!

1 Like

Just having second Mint-Chocolate shake. It’s growing on me :yum::smile:

1 Like

Great write up :grin:, I had some more in work today and struggle to drink a lot. The first sips are nice ( reminds me of mint choc ice cream )but after drinking half the shaker I struggle. Can’t really explain why, it’s like my stomach says it’s too much mint chocolate, if you understand that. I don’t get that with the original Vanilla, I can just drink it down no problem. But it’s early days and have just opened the bag so will see how the rest of the bag goes.
Yes I remember Murray Mints, reminds me of Mrs Howards sweet shop when I was a kid.An old style sweet shop with shelves full of large bottles with different sweets in them, which was weighed to the amount you wanted. Used to get a decent amount for 10 pence lol

2 Likes

Definitely going to give this a go at my next subscription delivery - mint choc fs with original vanilla is on regular lunch rotation for me :yum: So will probably be made worth it just for saving the £7.50!

2 Likes

I’m going to be adding Mint Choc Chip into my next order, I really enjoyed the flavour boost :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry guys I forgot to post an update, really brief : it’s nice and it’s minty but not really any chocolate. So what I do is mix either a little chocolate powder or chocolate whey if it’s a gym day.

This is definitely my main powder now instead of vanilla.

1 Like

This is my first huel shake ever, and i am seriously in love! I had 2 scoops with 200 ml of choco soya milk topped up with water and it is wow!!!
I love this! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I am liking this mint chocolate more now than I did, having 2 a day now. Got used to it now and can stomach it better, it’s nice. Had a few days off Huel at Christmas and feel rotten for it so it’s 100% again soon.

I find that with all the Huel flavours - the more you drink them, the more your taste buds like it. Well except Berry. That was terrible.

5 Likes

Agreed. I really can’t stand berry. Somehow I’ll force myself to use it, but it needs a LOT of help in terms of flavour adjustment.

1 Like

My mint choc Huel arrived the other day, it’s absolutely perfect. Not too strong or overpowering, just right with 100g and 500ml of water. Same as the coffee blend for me, I just find it enjoyable to drink.

With the new and improved vanilla I’m now doing it 50/50 with a bag of unsweetened which is a bit of a faff. I’m glad that mint choc and coffee require less messing about for my refined tastebuds :wink:

I’m still yet to try out berry, I’m guessing I won’t like that one!

2 Likes

I found the same - mintchoc is the only premix I don’t have to mess with - it’s pleasant to drink straight from the bag. It’s not quite as chocolatey as the FS (did you find that?) - it’s closer to mint choc chip ice cream, as opposed to minty chocolate. I like both the mint premix, and the mint choc fs mixed with u/u & original!
Yet to try coffee…

2 Likes