My Huel journey (aim: 40kg weight loss)

So far no treats needed (whew), I’m emotionally on a pretty even keel. Might be the meditating and walking I’ve been doing. I wonder if I should build in a “cheat” day, but so far none is necessary.

Update: Haven’t lost anything, but have stayed nicely within my 1,700 kcal allowance. No cravings, no cheats, drinking herbal teas, and trying to fit some more walking into my day. Halfway through my first bag and officially in week 2.

What I will say is don’t weigh yourself daily it can become an obsession. Also exercise is definitely part of the solution so get a fitbit and step as much as possible. I do the 2 Huel a day thing cut down on sugar massively and eat normally at the weekend although with one eye on calories. I’ve lost a stone and a half since March. I feel a hundred times better.

I also track calorie intake with Lifesum an app available on the app store.

Keep up the good work Vash!

For your days in Amsterdam and even with the foodie friends, I recommend the Huel bars to curb your appetite and keep your blood sugar stable. For me, even half a bar morning and noon helps a lot with cravings.

Oh, I do weigh daily, but I then calculate the average of the week to avoid the “oh noes, I gained 200g” blues. I’m walking more and more aware that every little walk or decision to get off the bus one earlier etc means I’m moving a tiny bit closer to my goal. Thank you! :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea. I actually ordered two boxes of the bars and see how I can fit them best into my day (they should be super useful during the conference). I either go 100% Huel during the conference or 2 Huel and a steak (no carbs) in the evening, in case I have to join in the social eating. I’ll see how my body likes them and will report back. :slight_smile:

Starting weight: ~118kg (4 June 2018)
Current weight: 116.1kg (16 June 2018)
Lost: ~1.9kg
Intermediate goal: <100kg (ideally by end-2018)
Goal weight: 78kg (“stretch goal” is 70kg, but very much depends on how I feel at 78kg)

Update: Was treading water a few days with no losses, but stuck to my calorie restriction like a donkey (I’m a Taurus, we can do stubborn), and there it goes. I think some clothes feel a bit looser, and there’s at least one T-shirt I avoided because it was just too tight that’s now not too bad. The new weight means I’ll have rolled back the weight gain of spring/summer, so that’s encouraging. Again, no cravings - finding it easy to forego chocolate. If I do get hungry at work, I eat 10 almonds and count them. Some days I need 20, but that’s 140kcal that keep me going for a while. Also, now on my second bag of Huel (just opened it and filled it in different containers).

Summary: Everything’s on track.

Current weight: 115.6kg (23 June 2018)
Lost: ~2.4kg
Goal weight: 78kg (“stretch goal” is 68kg)

I’m doing my averages (weigh daily, add up all the weights, then divide by 7) and on track losing 1lb/0.5kg a week. Increased step count. Haven’t “cheated” and foregoing all sweets/snacks etc.

Also have a box each of the Huel bars for travelling and my stay in Amsterdam. I’m halfway through my second bag (of three), so considering to buy some more powder, but haven’t had U/U yet, so not sure which flavours to focus on. Might just get two bags of each.

This is great, keep going! I hope to start the journey soon! :slight_smile:

Excellent. What’s your goal?

Current weight: 115.0kg (12 July 2018)
Lost: ~3kg

Using Huel mostly as breakfast and “food instead of snacks/takeaways”. Combined this with a FitBit Charge 2 and good old calorie counting, plus step goals. This feels completely sustainable and I’ve lost something like 3.3kg in about 4 weeks, despite buffets, hotels and a week with hardcore foodies (who made me ice cream). Now aiming to maintain 3.3kgs loss every four weeks until I’m done. On a side note, getting a bit bored of the coffee flavour and might switch back to vanilla, but have a bag of U/U to get through first.

amazing work :slight_smile: Keep it up!!

I know I only posted yesterday, but there was a major new development on the scales this morning:

Current weight: 114.2kg (13 July 2018)
Lost: ~3.8kg
Next “minor goal”: 113kg by month-end

I skipped the Huel breakfast this morning and went with a cortado and butter croissant (altogether 320kcals and totally worth it), knowing I’d have a bottle on me if I needed my usual fix, but that didn’t happen. Appetite/satiety has totally changed. Having my Huel now as dinner in front of the computer.

Hi have you tried happy scale app? I find it quite useful in plotting and predictions for weight loss

Current weight: 113.7kg (14 July 2018)
Lost: ~4.3kg

Comment: Wow. Fantastic weight loss week - will have to adjust my “minor goal” very soon. Now waiting for Amazon to deliver my “smart scales”. Also my size 20 jeans are barely holding on. I foresee trouser-shopping tomorrow. In the mirror, I can see that I’m most definitely getting slimmer around the hips. Small indulgence is planned today: American friend is taking me out to a lovely Indian restaurant, but that means it’s Huel only tonight and tomorrow.

Hi @K3atie - nope, I haven’t, but downloading it now. Thanks for the tip!

Well done- brilliant weight loss and great to read your updates :slight_smile:

Current weight: 113.1kg (16 July 2018)
Lost: ~4.9kg

Comment: The Indian restaurant was great, and I did up my walking to compensate for the naan, and the icecream for dessert. Also, my scales have arrived, so body fat is a lot but it’s dropping. Now my FitBit and my scales (Aria 2) are talking to each other - it’s like a benevolent conspiracy. Trousers feel stupidly loose (cue image of Charlie Chaplin waddling around in too-big trousers), so will go and see if I fit into size 18 of my usual jeans brand on Thursday. Most definitely need a belt now (and keep tightening it), to not end up embarrassing myself outside the house. I’m also reducing my amount of powder from 3 scoops to 2 scoops, as I struggle finishing it all. That gives me a bit more allowance to eat normal meals, but I’m still counting everything. Hoping to bust my “intermediate” goal tomorrow.

Thank you! I’m really finding it easier than any other “diet” I’ve tried so here’s hoping… :slight_smile:

I was thinking about getting the Aria 2 scales- are they worth the £120? I have regular doctor scales so I dont know if I can justify the expense :frowning:
I too find it easier to control my eating habits with this- although yesterday was def a struggle!!