New Granola v1.1!

Hi everyone,

We’ve improved Huel Granola! The nutritional values are the same, but we’ve changed the manufacturing process and tweaked the ingredient ratios a little.

Previously, the pea protein, flavour powders and added vitamins and minerals were added after the baking process along with the seeds (and dried fruit in Berry Granola). We’ve now added these powders before the granola is baked which has resulted in a less powdery, more golden and better textured Huel Granola.

Don’t worry about the nutritionals, our Nutrition and Quality teams have evaluated the levels of the vitamins and minerals and they are line where they should be.

Available now in the UK :star2:

granold%20half%20edit%20IG

9 Likes

Good one. Thanks.
Hope to see it on SE store soon

1 Like

Great! Seems a nice improvement. Is there already and ETA for EU store?

And when it’s available, will the subscriptions be automatically updated with the new product?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

EU should be very soon.

And yes all subscriptions will be updated automatically :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Zoe, can’t wait to try :slight_smile:

1 Like

CHUNKSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

…that is all

1 Like

My feedback was heard :slight_smile:

Its a pity that I have still 10 bags

Hi guys
This is a great improvement. Quite a challenge though: with other Huel products, we change the ingredients to improve. This was a process change, so I had to be sure nutritionals weren’t compromised - and was why it took some time!

4 Likes

Could hou explain better what you did? Seems that you changed completely the process

Just curious

OMG. My favourite meal of the day, just got better.

Might have to double up my intake for a couple of weeks, to get this new flavour quicker…

Nice one guys|

1 Like

Looking at the Nutrition info, it seems there is a lot more sugar in the Granola than the powder. Is there any reason for this?

Don’t be fooled by this picture New/Old picture. This is what you actually get (v1.1):

huel

It’s like eating sawdust. I hate to imagine what v1.0 was like.

1 Like

@ZoeOfficialHuel

Been eating the granola for a couple of days now for breakfast / dinner . I think the taste and the texture are great :slight_smile: I’ve tried both the the original and the berries.

Only suggestion I can give is to try and see if there is a way to lower the sugar amount?

2 Likes

I’ve been using both for 3 weeks and love them! I like the crispy bits, clusters are few and far between but enjoyable little surprise when they turn up in the bowl. I love however the dusty bits mixing them up with milk, it’s like having the last bit out of a bag of cereal in every bowl!! :joy:

1 Like

Could you make a bigger package or use more granola? The actual size is 40% air like in any chips, even some regular cereal has less air in it. I dont feel that granola is something as optimised as the normal Huel bags… In 2,5 days each package is over… At least fill better the box… Also the box could be bigger.

I dont mind to pay more proportionally (its expensive) but optimise the packaging

@Tim_Huel

After looking at the supermarket shelves we saw that there was no standard cereal size but we needed Huel Granola to sit at a similar price. At 7 meals per box the price of a box was in the same region (cost and quantity) as other premium granolas. Any bigger then it would be hugely more expensive than any other Granola and no one would buy it apart from a small niche group. Who wants to buy £8 box of Granola?

The Granola, like the Powder, settles over time. It’s filled full, sealed and then will settle down, this is why it isn’t full when it gets to you.

Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

I understand you perfectly, but some heavy users like me eat granola almost everyday, so if I have 2,5 meals of granola each day, I throw away 8 boxes per months, being quite the opposite of what we want…

The normal size of granola 420gr is great for occasional or normal users but people like me that ditched biscuits, cereals or other traditional breakfast food, are in need of a different size. I cant be wasting 24 cereal boxes per 3 months… When the environment is a concern, it doesnt feel good.

In spain, people normally choose the biggest size available for price, confort and efficiency. So the people that consume the traditional cereals go for sizes like this ones and put them in another box/jar/glass.

http://images.lider.cl/wmtcl?source=url[file:/productos/805939a.jpg]&sink

Boxes like this one: http://www.lechat.cl/medios/thumbnail/productos/Cajas_Varias/Caja%20grande%20Cereales%20Kileur-tn-640x480-0-FFFFFF.gif

and cereals like this:

So the normal size of cereals is 420-500gr with family versions of 650 gr in some cases.

So, why the granola should be 420gr? You should know that you have some heavy users that use some of your products everyday of the year, something unusual for other companies.

I agree that 420 could be the basic, but why not having an small proportion for the heavy users that you know you have of 600gr or even more?

I just analysed the amount of granola that actually a Huel box has and it needs an improvement, right now you are playing at the same game of the traditional cereal makers and you should be much better. Note, in my box, there is actually 2 granola bags.

IMG_20180924_175708

RESULTS

We are talking that the top of the bag is situated at the 77,7% of the box. That the top of the granola of the metal box is at the 51% of the entire box. And that the granola, without the metal box is at the 37,7% of the box.

I am sure that you need some space for protection, for the transport, for heat and gases and so on but 37% percent of actual granola is quite low amount. I am sure of 2 things:

• You can optimise better the space in the granola 420gr box
  • You can make a bigger version for heavy users

You came to the market to make things differently where every company added tons of sugar and cheated in every way possible. You started a path of doing all the things that the industry considered bad to create a better world, I am sure you can do something about this.

@Julian

And why not a simple pouch? Do you absolutely need a cardboard box?
Here in France, we have a lot of muesli, granola from Kellogs or Bjorg in simple pouch. Easier to store and less waste.

2 Likes

Why not even use the normal Huel bag?

I mean, it should be fine to hold some granola…:thinking:

2 Likes

@JamesCollier @Tim_Huel how long does the Granola last? I bought a the end of January 10 boxes and I just realised that they last until the end of March 2019. Wtf? Only 2 months?

This is crazy