New Year Resolutions

Anyone make one?

Mine was to stop farting. I lasted until 01.25 hours today.

3 Likes

stop snoozing for an hour each morning :man_facepalming:. I’ve never been a morning person but my snoozing got out of hand second half of last year so time to sort it out.

3 Likes

Same one I made last year…

Keep being awesome.

2 Likes

Drinking beer instead of vodka.

High quality vodka that has been filtered for 200+ times doesn’t give any hangovers whatsoever, even if you drink a lot, so it is a double-edged sword.

If I drink 6+ craft beers then I know for certain that I will feel like shit the next day although I didn’t even get properly drunk so it helps to limit alcohol intake. :smiley:

3 Likes

I found my new favourite Vodka in the country of Iceland. Reyka.

You can actually by it a mere mile from here yet I never tried it until I was in Reykjavik. Made using glacial water and using renewable energy. It’s delicious on its own or with just an ice cube.

2 Likes

There’s something about drinking vodka that’s not Russian that doesn’t seem right. Like scotch that’s not Scottish or sake that’s not Japanese.

Try Reyka and change your mind. And never mind sake, some of the best whisky in the world is Japanese.

2 Likes

All Scotch is Scottish though. If you make whisky in Scotland, it’s Scotch whisky. If you make it elsewhere, it’s [that place] whisky.

2 Likes

No need to be sake.

3 Likes

Russian vodka brands are just hyped up. Alcoholism and abusing vodka being ingrained in Russia’s culture doesn’t make vodka something unique to Russia. Many countries in Europe have centuries of traditions in vodka distillation. Some of the best vodkas I have tried come from Northern-European places like Finland, Estonia and Sweden.

As I lived in Russia for a brief time, I noticed that affluent Russians quite often bought different Finnish vodka brands for birthdays and other occasions. Meanwhile the average Dmitri bought a bottle of Russian vodka after the work day. The very cheapest vodkas in the store were distilled only a few times and didn’t taste quite good.

1 Like

Japanese whisky is indeed the best in the world. I love how quickly this thread got derailed

Yeah, I was gonna flag all the off topic posts IN MY THREAD but would have RSI.

5 Likes

@hunzas

1 Like

What did you think? As good as I said?

If not just add cacao. Raw undutched.

2 Likes

Yes Yes Yes.

2 Likes

It was actually really nice. I was surprised its better then premium Russian brands. It was very drinkable and sweet without being too much. I wouldn’t normally drink vodka straight but this one was nice enough to do so. I think I found my new favourite vodka (dont tell russia)

Typical though, iceland is just one of those annoyingly perfect countries thats amazing at everything

2 Likes

Nor would I, but this one I wouldn’t drink any other way. Maybe an ice cube if I wanted to cool it quickly. A mixer would ruin it.

I know, for a small and relatively new country it is pretty awesome

1 Like

Same, I had an alarm at 7 am for the whole year (everyday including weekends), but never woke up before eight. I

2 Likes

My plan was to refocus and really double down on the diet and exercise in prep for my next surgery in Feb – unfortunately I got sent on a business trip at short notice to Vevey and Geneva in Switzerland and my will power was fully derailed by Swiss cheese and French bread. I’m flying home today feeling like I’ve set myself back several months already :unamused:

1 Like

Don’t let this encourage you. Every day is a new day so pick it up where you left off.

You can totally do this!