Shouting from the roof tops

I just want to share my weight loss success with everyone. I have dropped from 20 stones to 14 stones. A massive 6 stones gone. That’s the equivalent of 84 bags of sugar. If you picture 84 bags of sugar piled on the table, it’s impossible to accept that equates to all the fat I’ve lost. My wife reminded me that I also once considered getting a stairlift to help me up the stairs.

Not surprisingly, I’ve had to get a new wardrobe and, as we eased restrictions, I went to Edinburgh yesterday to get my shirts. After years of buying XXXL size shirts, I bought four large shirts and they fit comfortably. For me, this is a big deal.

I’ve been using Huel, and other soylent products too, for the past five years or so. At the moment, I’m having Huel for breakfast and lunch and occasionally for dinner too. That’s 800 calories a day from huel. If I take it for dinner too, that’s a daily consumption of 1,200 calories of good quality nutrition. As everyone who consumes Huel will agree, you can go four or five hours without feeling the need to snack or experience a sugar crash. If your body needs 2,000 calories a day, you are burning up fat to make up the shortfall. A pound of fat is the equivalent of 3,500 calories. You can’t fail to lose weight if you can thrive on just 1,200 calories. Losing 84 pounds of fat equates to burning up 294,000 calories. That’s 147 days worth of calories. It’s so much fat lost that I really find it hard to believe I was carrying so much fat.

My target now is to drop to 12 stones. I feel great and it is so much easier now I’m not lugging 20 stones with every step. Climbing stairs is so much easier. It’s little wonder that my feet and knees have developed osteoarthritis. Losing weight and taking turmeric supplements have made quite a difference to my arthritis. Even my diabetic blood results are looking great.

Without Huel and combined with a prolonged lockdown, I might have piled on the weight and things would be so much different. I can stand up and see my feet now, something I haven’t been able to do for years. I can even cross my legs and sit comfortably, something I haven’t been able to do for years.

Sorry to bore everyone but I’m so pleased I need to shout out my good news.

18 Likes

Not surprising! Well done you, that’s :100:% brilliant! :sunglasses: :clap:

Well done to you. That’s excellent result for you. Im really looking forward to visiting Edinburgh soon. :hugs::blush:

That’s not boring mate. That’s fantastic reading. Well done.

Well done :+1:t2: :clap:t2:

Not boring at all, that’s amazing! It’s especially brilliant that you feel better health wise :slight_smile:

If I were to meet you in reality this would be how I’d greet you :fist_right: :fist_left:

That’s a HUUUUUUUGE achievement so give yourself a good ol’ pat on the back and walk with pride buddy! Keep in touch, we would all love to hear how you get on with your continuing weight loss journey :green_heart:

1 Like

Guys, what can I say? I’m really touched by all your comments. I am really pleased with everything and I know I’m not alone on the issue of losing weight. This Huel community is great motivation.

5 Likes

Ah man, this has absolutely made my day! Congratulations David, this is fantastic to hear and testament to your willpower and dedication. It’s great to hear that Huel played a small part too, but I’ve no doubt your mentality has been the overriding reason for your success.

Good luck with the final 2 stone.

It has been fantastic having you in the community! :blush:

Many thanks for your kind words Tim. Huel has actually played a huge part in my weight loss. The rate of weight loss has increased significantly since I started taking Black Edition. I wasn’t sure about how BE would affect my blood sugar but had to try it and see. Less carbs have not caused any problems with my blood sugar.

I know Huel is not known as a slimming product but it is an excellent aid to help lose weight. You know exactly how many calories you are taking in and you know the nutrition is as good as it gets. If you control calorie intake and work on burning up calories, then you are going to lose weight. I think one of the most important aspects of Huel is that you are sated for hours. There is no sugar crash and no snacking between meals. Sure, you need to discipline yourself but that gets easier and easier as time goes on and you can see the results. Since I started BE, I’ve been amazed at how quickly I am losing weight.

I’ll never go back to the old days, piling on weight, snacking, eating fast foods, straining going up stairs, sore knees, sore back etc. No, I’m not going through that again. Once I get to 12 stones, I’ll be delighted and it’s not going to take very long to do that.

Anyone else nervous about trying BE, I would say go for it. It’s worked for me.

4 Likes