Weight loss starts now

Happy new year all.

The dreaded post Christmas weigh in happened this morning…

13’13 delighted to still be in the 13’s.

This week has been mostly Huel during the day and still trying to restrict my eating hours to 13.00-20.00

In July we’re off to a wedding abroad with lots of friends si the pressure is on to shed 2 stone so I can take top without too much embaressment.

Also no Alcohol since New Year, will be trying to moderate this where possible.

Hi. Fell off the huel wagon recently and have started piling on the pounds. 7lbs in 2 months. Have given up the booze and fags so I’ve been snacking. (My excuse but I’m sticking to it) have gone up to almost 11st 4lb. Might not seem a lot but it’s getting me down. Was 10st earlier last year. People said I looked ill but I was happy with it (5ft 8) back to 2 Huel a day and no pub dinners :grinning:

This is something Ive heard of before. A friend of mine is pretty athletic normally, but last year made even more of an effort and was in the shape of his life, personal bests at different distances and so on.

Thing is, a few people made comments / asked questions about his health. All were along the same line i.e. are you ok…you look ill… Thing is when he looked at his BMI he was still clearly in the healthy section, plus he felt great!

He came to the conclusion that most people without realising it, will compare you to what they see in their day to day life. Since society as a whole has gotten heavier over the last decades, someone who would’ve looked slim but fit/healthy 20-30 years ago, now looks too skinny to many people :frowning_face:

I never thought of that. Of course. I suppose obesity was not as common when I was a child (40yrs ago)

Not updated for a while, mainly due to forgetting log in and just lurking since.

Anyway weighed in yesterday after a poor few weeks food wise and was happy with a 13’12.

Time to get back on it consistently and to the gym. 4 1/2 months until our friends wedding abroad!!

Typing that just made me nervous!!

1 Like

Sorry fo the long absence, but going to start logging every few days again now!

Today’s weigh in 13.10

Lighter evenings now and my wife is keen to go for a few walks at night.

Food/Huel wise, I’m preparing 3x 100g drinks each night ready for the next day, tend to have 1st Huel between 11/1, 2nd around 3/4 3rd I have if I’m home around 5 or 6 and getting tempted to snack or if were having a late dinner.

1 Like

Weigh in on Friday 13th April was 13’7.

Had a rubbish weekend foodwise and was 13’9 today, hopefully level off by this weekend.

I’m away on a Stag do this weekend so I’m dreading the scales next Tuesday

Pre stag do weigh in 13’8.

Here we go again!!!

Lots has happened since last post, main one being I’m now proud father to a beautiful 7 month old daughter .

Weight wise I’m back to square one!

I’m going to start the diary again as once I stopped that last time things went wrong( also a very convenient Greggs opened on my daily route)

I’ll weigh in and start logging Monday, diets have to start on a Monday right?

3 Likes

Hi @TheJackal

Firstly, congratulations on the birth of your daughter! What amazing news.

Secondly, I’ve just read your whole thread, thank you for sharing your journey with all the highs and lows.

Back to square one you say. That’s a bugger. However, you lost weight before and you can do it again. Maybe your daughter will be an inspiration in this? I’m not trying to start a family yet, but I know when I do, I don’t want to be an overweight mum. I want to be able to run in the park with my kids, and pick them up, and set a healthy example for them. This is probably going to be a real rollercoaster with a baby, but maybe try and visualise the kind of father and role model you want to be for her, and it might help spur you on.

It doesn’t matter how fast you go, forward is forward.

I will be following your journey from this point and wish you lots of luck. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for your message. I just completely re-read the thread too.

Looking forward to get cracking tomorrow , also from reading through the thread again Incan see where the weight loss accelerated so will do 1x50g and 1x 100g for when at work from low on.

Thanks for the congratulations, my wife returns to work on Tuesday so will help cut out the midweek wine , cheese and biscuits that have become a habit once the little lady is in bed!

So was up nice and early this morning 6.30. I have the day off today as it’s my wife’s last day of Maternity leave so going to have a nice family day, still going to keep food as sensible as possible but doubt there will be much Huel.

Breakfast was one slice of Toast and butter and one slice of toast with Peanut butter approx 300cal ( would never normally have Peanut Butter on toast but we were giving it to my daughter so thought I’d try :slight_smile: )

The dreaded weigh in was… 14.9 time to get that to drop!!

Today’s food diary is as follows-

Breakfast 2 slices of toast, one with butter one with peanut butter

Lunch- Pork Sandwich and crisps

Dinner- Pizza Express Leggera (600cal) Pizza and garlic bread .

Total calories for the day 1850

Steps 9500

21/5/19

0930 50g Huel
1330 100g Huel
1700 2 slices whole meal toast
2000 Was supposed to be a nice healthy meal but my wife had already prepared roasted Pork chops with veg and mash

Estimate from MFP is 1850 cal

9000 steps

22/5/19

Breakfast 8.30 50g Huel
Lunch 16.00 100g Huel
Dinner 19.00 Baked potato, Tuna Mayo with salad

Completing the diary now to hopefully help me not snack later on!

Today should be a 1400-1500 calorie day

Sounds like a good day today, good luck with your weight loss!

1 Like

Food diary for 23/5/19

9am 50g Huel

12pm Ham Egg Salad roll and crisps

4pm natural protein bar

7pm half a Ristorante pizza

8pm 4 Bourbon biscuits.

MFP has this at 1711 calories.

10,500 steps .

Will weigh in shortly, will be happy with any loss really!

Weighed in, 14’8 sons 1lb loss . Now not to ruin it over the weekend !

Also I can’t see how to edit opening post as I’d like to keep the weekly weigh ins listed there

There should be a little pencil symbol at the bottom of your post? Click that to edit

1 Like

Did a weigh in this morning to see how we’re looking following the weekend and it’s 14’7.

Have been unwell since Friday, full of cold etc hence not updating diary . Have been asked about popping the pub to tonight to watch football but think I’ll give it a swerve .