What do you mix Huel with?

Hi Hunzas.

Thanks so much for the advice. This is very much appeciated. I am having 2 x 3 scoops of Huel per day for breakfast and lunch. I am using 400ml of water to mix.
If I get hungry I am having a banana / apple which takes away any other craving that I may have.
The vice I was having was junk food. At first it was tough, now I am over the worst and on a journey being borderline diabetic. I am determined to do this.

Best regards Tom

1 Like

I just realised I missed something in my last post. I was meant to attach a link: https://tdeecalculator.net which helps you calculate calories. It is pretty good. My post made less sense without it.

I think what you are doing seems reasonable. Just don’t want to get too hungry as that is a quick way to lose motivation.

Losing weight and improving diet can often take you out of the realms of borderline diabetic. That has got to be a good thing. In fact a good diet can reverse type 2 diabetes. That is can not will. I have been seeing a very good diabetes consultant who speaks highly of diet (I am not diabetic, but have another non-diet/exercise related endocrine issue) in reversing diabetes. He is a key researcher in the roles that exercise and diet can play in the prevention and management of the metabolic syndrome (a combination of diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity). A good diet and some moderate exercise can help in all these areas.

You obviously don’t want to become diabetic so good luck with it all.

1 Like

I’m thinking about buying the raspberry flavdrops with my first order of the Berry Huel. How was it? Recommend it?

0 Likes

If you’re talking about the Raspberry flavdrops from MyProtein, go for the Stevia ones. I don’t like the Sucralose ones myself. Others may disagree.

1 Like

300ml Alpro Almond milk
2 scoops of original vanilla
1 banana
Blend up the night before, this is my default breakfast shake but I also add in coffee, extra water/almond milk depending on if I want the caffeine hit or not.

Recently discovered coconut flavoured almond milk, game changer! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pre-Huel, I was mixing green smoothies and using quite a bit of time and money to ensure getting the required nutrients. Moving to Huel simplified my daily routine greatly. I add a (real) banana for flavour and consistency, but nothing else. However, after reading an article about vinegar I have started adding a dessertspoon of vinegar into a standard 3 scoop huel + banana!

I wouldn’t describe it as an improvement in taste sensation, but it’s tolerable. Too soon to judge if abdominal fat is reduced, though.

0 Likes

For breakfast, I drink Huel made by: 12oz of milk + 8oz of water + 2 scoops of Huel that was prepped and stored in the fridge overnight. I drink this and then eat a bowl of oatmeal that is 1 serving of old fashioned oats + 1 serving of chia seeds + 1 serving of almond butter + 1 serving of raw & unfiltered honey. Perfect way to start the day.

0 Likes

2 scoops of Original with 300-400mil water + 1 small banana + 1/2 teaspoon of date syrup.
Whizz it smooth with a stick blender.
Leave in fridge overnight. Yum!

Try the above with 200ml semi-skimmed milk, 100-200ml water + a few drops of vanilla. Yum.
It tastes like cake mix - you know, when your Mum has made a cake and you ‘lick the bowl out’ just before it reaches the sink.

Mmmmm…
It’s a bit more-ish.

0 Likes

Oooh - frozen cherries! Brilliant flavour idea.
Thanks, Steve - back there - for this tip.

0 Likes

2 Likes

I’m newer so I haven’t had a chance to explore but my favorite so far is with the chocolate blended with water and a frozen banana, then I mix in a bunch of pomegranate seeds with the juice (I usually eat the whole seed.) It gives it a nice sweet but tart taste that is delicious.

0 Likes

That… looks really good. I’ve already had dinner and it’s almost 9 pm here but you make me want that now lol. Thanks a lot :rofl:

1 Like

Can I tempt you with Huel cookies? :innocent:

Red circle is where I did my QA on the batch as soon as they came out of the oven :yum:

3 Likes

Can you post recipe and review?

0 Likes

Now that’s no fair lol, those look delicious :yum:

0 Likes

OMG tell me how to make this!!

0 Likes

Ok, they’re just the biscuits (made larger - they spread out in the oven) from here:

They lasted about a week, they were really delicious :yum:

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the vanilla Huel yet, I went with the chocolate and berry, this time coming up I’m going with the vanilla and making that :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Peanut butter flavdrops are my current favourite thing.

Beyond that cacao powder, cocoa powder and Aldi frozen fruit smoothie packs.

1 Like

I have a few favourites:

2 scoops Vanilla
300ml water
200ml Alpro unsweetened almond milk
80g frozen blueberries

Or

2 scoops Vanilla
300ml water
200ml Alpro unsweetened almond milk
80g frozen sweet pitted cherries
1tsp chocolate flavour