2000+ calories Huel. Anything to worry about?

I’m just wondering if there is a point above which using Huel might not be advised due to its nutrient levels e.g. Iron

2000 calories 69.4mg Iron
2500 calories and 86.75mg Iron
3000 calories and 104.1mg Iron

2 Likes

Im also interested in this, I currently consume 2000 calories a day from Huel and another 1000 calories from a mixture of oats, fruit, nuts, vegetables and a vegan weight gainer shake. If I swapped the 500 calories from the weight gainer with 500 from Huel would the extra added vitamins be a problem long term over a number of years?

We have a liver and kidneys for a reason, I honestly wouldn’t worry.

If you looked into every possible food with this level of detail you’d be scared to eat.

2 Likes

Although I agree with your point, saying “We have a liver and kidneys for a reason” is not really the best argument. You might as well say “let’s drink tequila shots every day to wash away our aspirin, we have a liver and kidneys anyway.”

1 Like

Iron toxicity begins at 10mg/kg I believe, which would be quite hard to achieve.

Alcohol and aspirin are completely different in that we intentionally ingest high doses, hence toxicity is a lot easier to achieve and a lot harder for the organs to cope with.

Unless someone weighs 20kg or ingest 10000 calories of Huel, I can’t see any issue with “overdosing” on minerals and vitamins from Huel.

2 Likes

We’ve addressed the Iron in Huel issue here.

1 Like