Body Building (weight gain)

Hello Peeps.
I was wondering if you wound be able to help answer a question for me.
I have a very fast metabolism and need to eat about 3500 cals to put on weight, I am currently having 2 scoops of huel black with 30g of oats made with 500ml of semi skimmed milk 7:30/10:30/1:30/4:30 then evening meal and then another Huel at about 10:00 plus I pick at crisps and choc etc at night…… I know it’s a curse🤦‍♂️.
Is what I’m eating healthy Can do it long term as I love the convenience of getting all I need in Huel. Also if I want to add more calories is just adding more oats ok ?
In a nutshell I just want to build a bit of muscle and want to know if what I’m doing is going to achieve that.
Sorry if it doesn’t make sense, my English is poor.
Thanks so much for any advice
Chris

What training are you doing?

Just weights 4-5 times a week, bit of swimming after workout and walking the dog.

If you want to add more calories, there are tons of ways to do it. A lot of it depends on how much protein you are already getting in your diet, and your weight/body fat % if you know them?

Firstly, 2 scoops of black (400 cals), 30g oats (100 cals or something), and 500ml skimmed milk (200 cals or something) is probably about 700 calories. If you are eating that 4 times a day, that’s already 2800 calories. If you add on an evening meal, another huel, and crisps and chocolate, you are probably looking at a lot more than 3500 calories.

Assuming you subscribe to the below sort of idea of getting 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (or lean bodymass if overweight), you will be getting more than enough protein right now.

Is there a reason why you are having so much protein?

Because if you are just looking to use Huel as a convenient and healthy way to eat, the new Essential range is probably a better way to go. Less protein, more carbs, and cheaper as well!

To be honest, if you take Huel Black and add 30g oats+skimmed milk, you are pretty much recreating the regular Huel 3.0 anyway.

Also, I wouldn’t worry too much about nutrition at 3500 calories mate. You’ll be getting all the vitamins and minerals etc that you need.

2 Likes

Really important key information from @MikeMcginty, Can I ask what you tend to eat at night? It might be useful to add in any additional foods as it can be hard to consume the same thing over and over so some variety can be helpful!

Hello, sorry for late reply. Many thanks for all your advice

1 Like