Getting in before all the New Year resolutions crowd!

Thanks Jules, would you be able to send some links to this? @Dan_Huel feel free to chime in and correct me but the Reference Nutrient Intake (RNI) for protein is 0.75g per kilogram of body weight (kg/bw/day) but this is more like a minimum requirement. If you’re doing anything more than just sitting around you are going to need more than this.

In addition,

Studies have been conducted in recent years that have shown a high protein intake, in excess of 2.2g/kg/bw/day, does not result in kidney damage

That’s from this article under the High Protein Consumption Concerns section.

If you’re cutting down on carbs and saturated fat you aren’t left with many macronutrients to get calories from, protein is an excellent choice of calories! It’s not just about building and repairing muscle, protein is essential for a ton of other stuff too, it’s also great because it helps to keep you full!

If supporting our community with honest and scientific advice is clever marketing then I’m here for it! I’m so pleased you are finding the help you need. If there is anything else you need help with then just shout (well, type).

1 Like