Huel RTD - No Probiotics? (chemotherapy)

A family member is undergoing chemotherapy and is having trouble eating solid foods. I would recommend Huel powder but V3.0 contains probiotics (in the form of Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856) which the NHS recommend avoiding when immunocompromised.

It seems though Huel RTd does not contain any probiotics (at least I cannot see Bacillus coagulans in the ingredients) can someone confirm this?
Any idea as to why the difference in formula?

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question, I just wanted to say I’m sorry for what you’re going through at the moment and hope you’re ok. Even after someone answers here, it might still be worth asking your friends doctor if it’s suitable. Take care of yourself too.

1 Like

Hi - Dan mentioned in another thread that RTD was free of this

1 Like

Hi @CombatClaret

There are no probiotics in RTD nor Hot & Savoury and Bar. We exclude them in these products as they wouldn’t survive the heating processes involved in production or serving.

1 Like

@JamesCollier thank you taking the time to reply.

If probiotics don’t survive the heating process: Would it help to mix the powder with hot water? If that would destroy the probiotics the powders would also be possible for people who want to avoid them.