Mild Headaches: Not Enough Salt?

@Marcus Apologies if this has been mentioned, but are you using the sweetened (i.e. Vanilla) versions of Huel or using the flavour pouches? Quite a few people (including myself) are sensitive to artificial sweeteners including Sucralose. Typically one or two Huels containing Sucralose is OK for me, but if I consume any more than that, in additional to other artificially sweetened drinks (e.g. sweetener in coffee or in diet coke), then I start to get headaches.

Sucralose in particular is known for triggering migraines in people that are sensitive to them.

Yes, it could be the sucralose. I think I have sometimes had headaches when having the unflavoured too, though.

There is an added complication at the moment, though, which I should probably mention. I’m currently on some serious medication to treat a very persistent toenail infection, and one of the common side effects of that is headaches. So I feel like I can’t even begin to try to sort this out until I’ve finished this course of medication.

I like to add some salt, it makes the Huel more satiating

1 Like