Nutritonally Complete Foods vs "Real Food"

There was a happy ending…she did get a big compensation. Just found itdifficult to pick it up.

Agree regarding the “embrace the fakeness”. Invariably someone talks about how if one ate “natural things” everything would be rainbows - seemingly nothing “natural” can ever hurt you. I like to remind them about snake poison and jellyfish.

4 Likes

I agree with your point of view, Marcus. Here are my thoughts.

Drawbacks of Huel:

Lacks synergistic effects of nutrients combined within a whole food matrix, so has less of a health benefit than whole foods.
If used exclusively as a dietary pattern, may have social ramifications associated with meals and may become tedious.
Lack of valid scientific evidence supporting long-term health effects of Huel consumption.

Benefits:

Convenient/time-saving.
Easy to prepare.
Healthy meals ensured (you know whats in the pack, unlike most meals).
Prevents overthinking diet.
Especially useful when consumed alongside dietary patterns that are associated with nutrient deficiencies e.g. supports the intake of vitamin B12 in vegan diets (this it not to say that vegnas cannot get b12, but that it makes it easier).

It is my opinion that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, but that Huel should be viewed as an optional, convenient meal substitute or supplement, rather than a total dietary pattern.

3 Likes

Ignore the vegan spelling mistake…