Pregnant or Breastfeeding

There is either an omission or Cinnamon Swirl and Cookies & Cream can be consumed in copoius amounts by those that are either pregnant or breastfeeding…

Thanks for spotting Himesh, we’ll get the disclaimer added to those missing flavours.

1 Like

but Cinnamon Swirl and Cookies & Cream can be consumed as much as you want during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Huel doesn’t recommend against it.

Not sure if there’s some sarcasm going on here and just to be clear, Huel have always recommended no more than one portion of Huel a day for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
I only spotted this as I was double checking something for my wife (who is breastfeeding)

No sarcasm, just wording, and in this case very important difference in wording. What you said is incorrect, Huel have never “recommended no more than one portion of Huel a day for pregnant or breastfeeding women”.

“Not recommending” “recommending only” “recommending one” “recommending against” are all separate statements.

Actually they have. It states in their recommended usage guide once a day for pregnant woman.

Recommending once a day means that pregnant women can still have as much Huel as they want. @himji claimed that Huel recommends no more than once a day, which is incorrect.

Huel could fix all this by revising the statement to say “Pregnant women must not exceed one serving of Huel per day”, but there’s no scientific basis for why more than 1 serving per day would be in any way harmful.

Compare

“We recommend one serving of Huel a day if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.”

to

“We recommend one serving of apples a day if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.”

NO! Huel recommends should be limited to once a day for pregnant women.

You are probably reading some different page on Huel site then. We are talking about The Huel Ready-to-drink Formula Explained where it clearly states:

“We recommend one serving a day if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.”

Which is no different from saying “We recommend one serving of apples a day if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.”

I think rikefrejut makes a valid point.

‘We recommend one serving a day if you are pregnant or breastfeeding’ can be read in two ways: as a warning not to exceed one serving, or as advice that one serving is beneficial (without any warning about exceeding that amount)…

Insert ‘no more than’ and it’s no longer open to misinterpretation.

Ok sure, I see that. And I have taken it to mean what I have said, you know for safety reasons. In no way do I want to recommend my breastfeeding wife she neds to have at least one Huel a day and can have as many as she wants. I’m pretty confident I’ve seen either Dan or James say on this forum that Pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t be consuming more than one portion a day which is why I’ve come to conclude what I have.

I can see your point it does look like they have worded this badly. Rather than going on about my interpretation of the wording, why take it to Huel and suggest their wording is misleading and give them an opportunity to either explain the wording or correct it?

We can reword that’s no problem, I can see where you’re coming from.

If you look under the “cautions and allergens” section on the RTD page you can see we state this

1 Like

Yes, this is where I read it.

Obviously our overall perceptions vary but I took this to mean one per day only. Not ‘at least’ one per day.

2 Likes

So did I, but the ambiguity in the wording is well-spotted. I suppose it’s the sort of things lawyers might notice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.