PSA: Cocoa in Huel

Y’all should have been putting cocoa in your Huel since yesterday, WOW does it taste nice. No gross sweeteners, barely any added calories, just pure deliciousness.

3x old vanilla
2tsp cocoa
400-600ml water

Do it. DO IT NOW.

4 Likes

Haha on it!

1 Like

Uurrrrm I’ve been putting 10g of Cacao in my Huel’s for ages…

1 Like

I bet you tell everyone Santa doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Uurrrm… good for you? Cacao isn’t cocoa btw. I suspect cocoa is much cheaper, also (£2 in Asda for Bournville atm). But you know, enjoy whatever benefits the cacao gets you. :slight_smile:

Cacao is better for you than Cocoa.

‘Cacao’ refers to any of the food products derived from the cacao bean that have remained ‘raw’. These products include cacao nibs, cacao butter, cacao mass or paste, but most commonly cacao powder. Raw cacao powder is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans, this process retains the living enzymes and removes the fat (cacao butter).

‘Cocoa’ looks the same however there is a big difference. Cocoa powder is the ‘raw cacao’ that’s been roasted at high temperatures. The effect of roasting the cacao is the molecular structure of the cocoa bean changes, lowering the overall nutritional value and destroying the health benefits.

There are many studies that boast of chocolate’s amazing health benefits, however these sadly aren’t referring to your average, store-bought chocolate bar. The ‘chocolate’ that they’re referring to is much closer to cacao, and also includes dark chocolate.

2 Likes

Shame it’s hella expensive in comparison!

I always put cocoa and salt

1 Like