RTD Vanilla / New Bottle Style

Is that this one, by any chance? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q6GT98V

If so, do you happen to know if it’s easy enough to get extra cups for it?

Thanks.

I have the auto iq one which was more expensive than that but I’m sure that one will work also if you wanted to go cheaper. You can get extra cups yes.

1 Like

I finally got my euro spec RTD vanilla bottles today - chilled one and tried it. I kind of get what people are saying about the chalky gritty thing but to me, its actually like drinking a blended 2.3 Original shake in both taste and texture. As I’m used to that already - I actually found it quite pleasant. Certainly the US bottles are a little creamier and sweeter but I wouldn’t say the actual vanilla flavour is significantly different. Seems normal supplies of US spec RTD will be back in the UK fullfillment by April.

1 Like

New bottle RTD vanilla tastes nothing like the old bottle and is frankly not nice at all. I emailed customer services but got no reply. This is really disappointing (that the taste has completely changed AND that I have had no explanation). Hope this is a temporary blip and we can get the old flavour back that I absolutely loved?!

The taste difference is NOT ‘pretty small’. The new RTD vanilla tastes completely different and not very nice tbh. Have to actually tried it?!

I am so sorry for the delayed response Joe! We will make sure to reply to your email as soon as possible.

We have a solution in place for the future and hopefully it won’t be too long until we are back producing the RTD you know and love.

@Tim_Huel said there shouldn’t be any difference though, do US and EU ready to drinks actually have different recipes/flavour profiles then?

@Tristan The US and EU RTD’s do have the same recipe and flavour profile, however there are slight differences due to it being produced in different factories.

Hi @Charlotte_Huel As I don’t buy RTD on a regular basis and can’t really compare, am wondering why there are complaints of grittiness and an ‘off’ taste to it recently which would put me off ordering. What could cause this?

1 Like

I have taken delivery of 12 bottles of vanilla RTD in the european style. I will endeavour to use one tomorrow and report back.

1 Like

To go back to my original post, if it’s the same flavour and recipe then something’s going awry in quality assurance at the factory. The taste and texture are completely different between the two, and not really for the better.

Hi there guys, thanks for all your comments about the EU RTD you’ve been receiving. There’s been a bit of talk about bad batches and inferior product and we just wanted to offer you some reassurance. Both RTD products are the same in ingredients and recipe and most importantly nutrition. The RTD will be back to the one you know and love by April.

The difference lies in the process it’s made. I can’t give too many details but the heating process is different for our EU RTD, this is resulting in the different taste/texture to what you are used to. We regularly drink both at Huel HQ and recognise the texture is different, it’s less thick, but didn’t think the difference in taste was stark enough to result in the complaints we’re seeing on here. This is also the reason for the different bottle design. It sounds like you guys would have preferred us to just not have sent any RTD as opposed to sending our EU RTD, we now recognise this and we’re looking to fix this as a top priority; it’s not good for you and it’s certainly not good for us!

To reiterate, the good news is that this should be sorted by April where you will have an RTD as delicious as the one you remember.

3 Likes

Hi Tim!

Will the european customers also get the better version (silk smooth without the “off”-taste) by april? Will the heating process in the european factories change and are the bottles going to be like the US-ones?

Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s interesting that no one has posted that they received the EU version and preferred it. Wouldn’t it be a better idea for the EU factory to adopt the same manufacturing process as the US one, so everyone can enjoy the nicer version?

edit: @Lohoffsson read my mind and posted it faster!

2 Likes

It’s certainly a favourable option. We’re looking at a number of different options to improve consistency across markets.

It’s worth noting many receiving the RTD in Europe don’t share the same thoughts on the flavour.

Signed up to the forum just to add a +1 here. The ‘EU RTD’ is really different in taste, texture and aftertaste. It’s not to my taste at unfortunately where as I love the "UK version.

Now I have 46 more bottles to get though - not looking forward to that!

Next time worth giving people the option to wait for what they are used to or have something that may be different now. I’d of ordered a few to try not gone for the normal order.

Also agree with comments on the “EU” bottle - not nice to drink from at all.

Roll on April - hopefully someone will notify us when it’s “safe” to order more?

Thanks for your comments and welcome to the community. We will certainly post here to let you know!

I wouldn’t have said I preferred it but I wasn’t offended by it either - I tried a little experiment this evening and chucked the contents of a bottle into the blender with a splash of vanilla extract and after a brief blend on high speed the consistency and taste was pretty much exactly how I remembered the US version.

Is it worth noting? If someone has tried both versions they can give valuable feedback on which is nicer. If someone has only tried one version, they can’t.

These customers deserve the superior version! Don’t leave them languishing in the Dark Ages, unaware of what they’re missing out on.

I can see it now - our Euro zone brethren complaining like all hell at the new ‘sickly sweet’ RTD :laughing: maybe some of them will be light headed drinking it - who knows.

1 Like