RTD Vanilla / New Bottle Style

You would probably get way more complaints if you didn’t sell RTD in UK but had it in stock in the EU. However you should’ve notified your customers that there might be a slight change in taste and texture due to it being made in a different plant. This is also true for Saturo and I found out their RTD’s also change heavily in flavor depending on which batch you receive. Might be that they have more than one facility producing it causing the differences in flavor.

Ps. on principal I have decided to not order Huel RTD until you have chocolate in stock. I feel like you are treating Europe as a secondary market and it’s been over 6 months since the release of chocolate RTD and it is still not being sold. I know one customer boycotting a single product won’t make a difference but I have my principals :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made a new account just to get to the bottom of this.

I have bought Vanilla RTD in UK, just like I always have, this month. Last time I got it in December. When I tried the first bottle, I instantly noticed a big change in taste and I did not like it at all. I thought I could finish the bottle, but I couldn’t do even that, as it was disgusting, to be honest. It tastes now like some kind of yoghurt, with an actually berry aftertaste…

So I send a message to customer support, asking if there was a change, as versions didn’t seem to change. I was reassured they were not and that it must be just a bad batch. So I said sure to a replacement, hoping that is indeed the case.

But when I got the new batch and tried it again… I was quite upset to get the same taste, making me think it was not a bad batch, hence I am here.

I am surprised that the support didn’t know about the EU version stock being used, as I gathered from this thread. Seems like I just have to wait, till the UK version gets back in stock. I am suprised by people saying “it doesn’t taste that much different”, cause it is. I guess some people notice changes in flavour more acutely. Anyways, as a long term Huel drinker, I really hope this can be fixed. I still drink powder, but RTD has been one of the best things to come out from Huel and I was drinking them more often than making Huel myself

With it being in December it may have been a case of them thinking it was pre-change, if i recall the suppliers were switched around December temporarily?

Was wondering if there was any update on when it will be “safe” to order the RTD and get what we were used to?

1 Like

I’d also like to know when UK stock will return to the US recipe :+1:t2: (I mean: can you inform us when it’s back… I’m not suggesting you give us a date right now because you don’t have a crystal ball, and right now is a daft time for anyone to expect anyone else to know anything about the future)

I seem to remember that previously they said April?

I think that’s likely to have changed with the current situation: no doubt, like every food supplier in the UK, people will have been bulk buying huge quantities and the supply chain will currently be suddenly very different to anything they could have forecast

Have I missed something? What’s up?

2 Likes

Nothing is up @hunzas - it’s no secret you live on a remote isolated island with just ferns for company. You’re safe

1 Like

My local Morrisons supermarket has plenty of vegan-friendly toilet roll

2 Likes

Literally the best post I’ve seen anywhere today :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you like that post you’ll love this one. We are recommended to self-isolate…but as a misanthropic vegan I’ve been doing that for years. Anyway. I went for a walk in the country today and started reading my book “Year One” by Nora Roberts, It’s a novel about a pandemic involving a mutilation of bird-flu. [Is that Corvid virus - geddit?]. As I was getting into the story - there are currently 10 million dead including the US president - a blackbird shat all over it. That’s the sort of interactive review I appreciate, but don’t think the local library will.

Annoyingly I thought he was my mate as he’d been bobbing around my feet for ages, then took off and dropped his load. As I thought no-one would believe it I took photos of the dirty deed. I didn’t alas have any toilet roll.

2 Likes

Surely iceberg lettuce has too high a water content. Wouldn’t you end up with a soggy bottom? What’s wrong with good old fashioned cabbage leaves? Or they not fancy enough for you?

2 Likes

Well I did think about using a wine bottle… it was just the tip of the Eisberg.

1 Like

You haven’t thought that through. Eisberg is alcohol free and it’s the alcohol in the sanitizer that kills the virus. Clearly a vodka soaked cabbage leaf is what’s needed to kick the arse of COVID-19.

1 Like

I think you are right; that’s why there are so few reported cases in Russia. They’ve been “putin” that on their arses.

1 Like

As of today, April is still our target and we look on track to hit this.

The Ops and Technical teams have been working their magic.

1 Like

36 bottles received this week, just tried the vanilla and was very surprised by the difference in taste, texture and even the smell. The new bottle doesn’t bother me but I am not enjoying the flavour as much as the previous version. Not tried the chocolate yet, hopefully there is not too much difference. Gonna be a long few weeks getting through this stuff…

Is it possible to sign up for a notification when this happens? Really want to get back on my daily Huel but can’t stand the European stuff… I’m starting to think the Brexiteers were onto something after all! /s :yum:

We can certainly look into it.

If this doesn’t happen because of focus on other areas of the business then I’d recommend checking the forum weekly.