What do we call ourselves?

Hi everyone,

Since Huel started, there’s been a few names used to describe us Huel users and our community, like:
Huelers
Hueligans
Hueliters
Huelies

But there hasn’t been that much of a discussion on it. Does anyone have any thought on what we should call ourselves? Personally I love Hueligans, but that’s just me.

Let me know what you think!

Humans 2.0

3 Likes

Though Hueligans sounds funky I think Huelers is more appropriate.

3 Likes

h+ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism)

1 Like

Huela Hoops!!!

3 Likes

I see Huelers on social media quite a bit. interested to see what others use

I’ve a friend who calls it Hurl. Originally a typo but it stuck immediately.

The first time I ever read about Huel was in an Easyjet magazine article last August The writer said it sounded like hurl.

1 Like

I keep wanting to find a clever acronym, but I’m struggling. So far, my best is:

Healthy
Individuals
That

Prefer
Eating
Only
Powdered
Liquid
Energy

It’s nonsense, I know!

2 Likes

@hunzas I’m surprised a writer would make such a obvious mistake, huel might look like hurl, but it obviously doesn’t sound like it. Huel sounds like fuel, hurl sounds like curl.

Huelers gets my vote.

But I do like hueligans too - https://twitter.com/hashtag/hueligans

2 Likes

Maybe they were Oop North? I don’t think fur her sounds like fair hair, but Lee Mack does.

Actually @Julian I was just paraphrasing, I think what he actually said was that it seemed like a cross between gruel and hurl (which is just as bad if not worse). :grinning:

It wasn’t that flattering a review, but enough to tempt me…and hopefully a few others.

1 Like

I think Huelers would the the sensible choice.

However, Hueligans could be our tongue-in-cheek version :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

@hunzas The name Huel was created by combining human and fuel. The associations with gruel is not a bad thing. Gruel was a staple food for the ancient Greeks, Romans, in the middle ages, and even for the Aztecs and Maya people. Consisting of some type of cereal—oat, wheat or rye flour, or rice—boiled in water or milk. It is a thinner version of porridge that may be more often drunk than eaten and may not need to be cooked.

So if we are the new and improved version of gruel I’m happy with that.

1 Like

I know what gruel is, but the connotation these days is of a disgusting weak and runny “slop’ fed to orphans and prisoners because it is cheap and easy…'dare to ask for more?”

I also know where the name Huel came from. I am not having a dig at Huel, but etymology means words and their meanings are constantly evolving and 2 people may perceive how something is written in different ways. IIRC the writer of said article wasn’t being flattering in his description.

But back to the OP. I think Huelers is the thing I read about most; although I too prefer Heuligans.

1 Like

Both gruel and pottage are oat based staples which our ancestors lived on for thousands of years. I’m not having a dig at you either. I’m a contrarian by nature, so I’m happy to try and change the connotation that gruel is disgusting.

Gruelian :laughing:

2 Likes

I think you have your work cut out, but it would certainly be useful to reinforce the original meaning; it could be a gruelling task though…!

1 Like