Autism, Anxiety, ADHD - Strange Huel Miracle

Hi @Lewis_Barham - I very much doubt biting fingers is for nutrients; it’s simply habitual (I’m a biter myself and since a toddler, too).

The fact that Huel reportedly helps in the above reports, is possible due to ease and may also be due to even energy levels and the correct balance of nutrition.

I’d guess this is more psychological than nutritional. If you are stressed, you may just be drawn to something which requires less effort, ie: Huel.

2 Likes

Yes, while going through all these issues truly it feels very irritating. Anxiety and depression rapidly change our moods. These days, many people are going through these problems due to workload. They try different effective ways to get rid of this problem. In order to overcome this situation, many people practice mindfulness activities, distract them self from negative thoughts or go for any voyance pure consultation. It is totally amazing that huel is so much effective supplement for all these problems.

Does it help? Or is the desire to consume it just a side-effect?

I don’t think we have enough information to answer those questions just yet.

Hiya, re the hand biting thing - I have autoimmune conditions and am on full time Huel due to food restrictions. When I’m flaring badly I bite my hands, I do it in my sleep too, they get so itchy it almost hurts and biting them is the only way to stop it. I’m not sure if this helps. I have Mast Cell issues, hives and swelling and multiple food allergies and intolerance’s x

I’m a new Hueler - in my 4th week of 2 scoops for breakfast, 2 for lunch and smaller evening meal.Currently I’m mostly eating ‘normally’ at weekends with some alcohol then as well.

Like livelife, I’m also an Aspie, diagnosed a year ago (I’m 57). My most interesting health problem is Familial Hyperlipidaemia (FH - or high cholesterol), but I’m also a type II diabetic. Thanks to the FH, I developed angina at 29, have had a few stents. My cholesterol at that time as 18.9mmol (730 in US measurements), but thanks to max statins, ezetimibe and now a PCSK-9 inhibitor, my fasting total cholesterol last week was 2.0 (aka 77). It was 3 about a year ago, so I do wonder if the Huel had helped bring it down by way of replacing some of the fat in meals.

In the last month I have found that I’m having to watch out for diabetic hypos as my blood sugar drops too low - so I’m also lowering the insulin dose bit by bit - the blood sugar is certainly lower when using Huel.

There has been talk in the media of diabetics going into remision after following a 12 week diet of 800kcal/day then a healthy diet. I’m not aiming quite to do that but am trying to loose weight.

As for finger-skin biting - ha - done it all my life (including finger nails). I now know it to be a ‘stim’, the same as other autistic people flapping their hands. I’ve not noticed any difference in the frequency of that yet. If I conciously try to repress it, either the urge gets greater or the ‘stim’ comes out in a different form.

One thing I do rather like about Huel is the predictability of breakfast & lunch. I just don’t have to decide other than flavour. I seem to have settled into 50/50 vanilla/plain for breakfast & mint-choc for lunch. No thinking what to buy in the supermarket, no searching on the shelf in the kitchen to see what I have available. Ah.

5 Likes