4 weeks of huel and a daily 5k run

Why not vegan? Not being awkward but I don’t see a reason not to buy vegan.

There’s loads of vit d’s out there. D3 is a superior form over D2. But there’s plenty of cheaper (synthetic) ones out there in Holland and Barrett for example. Whether they’re as effectively absorbed by the body is a whole other discussion. But if you look at the ingredients of the Together ones there are only 4 which are all natural / from natural. If you look at the ingredients of a typical cheaper synthetic one it looks something like this:

Bulking agents (microcrystaline cellulose, maltodextrin, modified starch, vegetable oil), anti-caking agents (vegetable stearic acid, silicon dioxide, vegetable magnesium stearate), glazing agents (hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, glycerin (from rapeseed oil), hydroxypropyl cellulose), colour (riboflavin) vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).

2 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with buying vegan, I just wondered what the benefits were from having non vegan was all. I’m assuming the benefit is being all natural ingredients.

Being vegan doesn’t mean it uses all natural ingredients. It means it doesn’t use animal products. The Together brand (I believe) exclusively only uses natural ingredients and no additives and all that.

2 Likes

Gregg’s have launched a vegan sausage roll today (or yesterday in some parts). Apparently some meat eaters have gone ballistic about it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t really bother me at all, but is it really a sausage?

Sausage:
an item of food in the form of a cylindrical length of minced pork or other meat encased in a skin, typically sold raw to be grilled or fried before eating.

synonyms: informal banger;

:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I can never understand why people who love eating animals have to disguise them as vegetables.
fresh-sausage-cucumber-17449829

6 Likes

I used to run a vegan catering business and we sold fake hot dogs - called them not dogs.

7 Likes

There are virtually same calories(311 vegan to 317 meat based)…don’t think I’ll be rushing out to get one.

1 Like

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::joy::joy:
That one proper cracked me up :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s the rubbish antidote to the things meat eaters say to vegans.

This sausage related story brought tears to my eyes. No animals were harmed apart from a pocket python: https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/28/bodybuilder-wraps-penis-around-rolling-pin-can-covered-tattoos-8288440/

2 Likes

Four hours!

2 Likes

I was outraged when i bought a toad in the hole…and there was no toad in it.

2 Likes

So you just bought a hole then? :grinning:

5 Likes

Honestly amazing.

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t get through this article. Not because of the tattoos or male body parts, neither of which bother me in the slightest, but because I’m a grammar nazi. After reading the first “embarrassed of” I shuddered and was a little bit sick in my own mouth, but only metaphorically. But when the same phrase was used again, I had to close the page. Sorry. Not sorry. Whatevs.

1 Like

Aside from the vegan sausage roll.

So far I have a lost 1kg in the first week of using huel for breakfast/lunch and a normal evening meal.

1 Like

I assume you didn’t try them. LOL

Seriously though, they were, and our falafels even better…so much so that people used to come from miles away just to get them.

1 Like

Hey just wondered how you were getting on? Any updates? Hope all is well with you :+1:

1 Like