5 star Huel review

I wanted a quick place to leave a Huel review asI have been using Huel for 3 years

Im not going to comment on my personal flavour preferences because it really is personal if you like something or not. I will make a point of saying that after trying Huel shake - at first I didn’t like it. When I first tried Huel three years ago I was a bit disappointed I didn’t immediately love this new ‘good for me’ food alternative. However- as Id bought two bags of the stuff I figured Id better use it up.

I have to say once I got more familiar with the product I now absolutely love it. Apart from being super convenient, easy to travel with and healthy its also massively satisfying for me. I had the same experience with the Huel bars I thought Id give a try. My first bar I was disappointed. Perhaps because I already had some pre-conceptions about something good for me that tasted like a dairy milk. But because Id bought the box i figured I should not waste them. So I had another, and another. And now I love them and will be buying again.

I now totally understand why Huel dont offer one meal samples or sell single bars. Its right what they say. You really need more than that to get the full Huel experience.

I recently started a new workout program so I thought… maybe I dont need Huel anymore. I can control what I eat… I quickly went back to Huel after re-realising how time consuming food prep is and several culinary disasters.

Pros

• Satisfying in my opinion
  • Tasty in my opinion
  • Convenient
  • Easy to travel with
  • Long shelf life
  • Nutritionally balanced
  • Vegan (who doesn’t like helping the environment…)
  • Lots of flavour options
  • Continuous work to improve. New flavours, formulas, products etc

Cons

• Takes a couple of tries to develop a liking for it
  • Mountains of questions at work about what it is and why you’re on a diet
  • Limited savoury options
  • Some find a shake isn’t satisfying
  • Questions like ‘Do you think humans should evolve to not have teeth or something?!’
9 Likes

I quickly went back to Huel after re-realising how time consuming food prep is and several culinary disasters.

I have recently got into Huel after looking for an alternative to having to spend so much time and effort on meal prep! I have several food allergies (which Huel is happily free from!) and I honestly can spend £100 a week on food just for me as I have to buy in special stuff or shop at health food shops instead of supermarkets. Also having to make one meal for me and another for the rest of the family. So happy just to be able to scoop and shake and get on with my life. I’m saving money on supplements too as it’s got all the vitamins in.
I had a bit of digestive anomalies at the start but it was worth persevering with. I occasionally have the bars too.

• Mountains of questions at work about what it is and why you’re on a diet

I also hate when people ask why I’m on a diet. I don’t need to lose weight but people see shakes as “diet food” and can’t get past it.