Any 100% Huelers want to share their experience?

We don’t have to get past missing eating actual food, because Huel is actual food.

3 Likes

Hey Tracy, welcome to the forum! Great to have you here.

I honestly just don’t think this is the best mindset to get into. Why not build Huel into part of your diet alongside other nutritious meals and snacks? If you’re going to be finding it difficult to get past not eating traditional meals then don’t get past it. Have a few meals of Huel a day and a nutritious homecooked meal in the evening, this will ensure that healthy eating becomes part of your lifestyle and not just a short term fix, which ultimately is what we want right?

Do let us know a little more about your goals, Tracy, as we can help guide you in the right direction!

1 Like

Everything is a question of habit - you can get used to almost everything. First you have to identify what is important for you, or what exactly you are missing. Chewing? Try gum. Flavour variations? Use different flavours or add something that you like - which is easier if you have a mixer. Some people have problems with having exclusively sweet things - but with unflavoured/unsweetened and various additions you can also make savoury shakes. Or you use Hot/Savoury Huel. If you miss solid stuff this would also solve that problem.
If cooking is the thing you are missing: There is a recipe section on the Huel website. And on latestfuels. com

But why do you want to force yourself to do a diet that makes you feel bad? Or that leaves you missing something? If you want to lose weight this is not necessary to achieve that. The reason why someone goes on a full liquid diet or hundred percent meal replacement shakes is that he/she does not want to eat “normal” meals - for various reasons.

That would be great. Reading stories like this, they are always motivating and inspiring. I usually eat the same foods as it is, so it wouldn’t be a problem for me to switch to 100% this kind of diet. I don’t see anything wrong with eating the same foods, I’m used to it.

Late to the party - classy

I tried my first day of 100% Huel today just to see what it was like :stuck_out_tongue: (well not quiet 100% but you’ll see what I mean!)

I have to say it was rather pleasant though, as most people would agree I wouldn’t do this for the long-term. Maybe from time to time depending on my fitness goals!

Here’s what my day looked like :point_down:

Breakfast
Chocolate RTD (+ 1 apple)

Lunch
H&S Mexican Chilli (+ 2 satsumas)

Snack
Salted Caramel Bar (+ cup of almond milk)

Home Workout

Dinner/Post-Workout Meal
Black Edition Vanilla Smoothie (yoghurt, berries, some raw veg, 150ml almond milk)

:facepunch:

That’s not quite 100% Huel though is it. There’s quite a lot of fruit and veg in the mix.

2 Likes

What I was thinking :thinking:

2 Likes

hmmm I see what you mean!
I was however referring to the core 3 meals…

Don’t try and wriggle out of it. You did say 100% Huel :face_with_monocle: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

daaaaaaaammit! hahaha that’s true no more lurking for me😅
Still felt pretty chuffed with myself in any case. Guess I’ll just have to try again and this time, no funny business!:poop: :eyes:

What would you recommend for a days worth of Huel only @Bee ??

1 Like

Well mine would be two 400kcal shakes Huel Black (banana and salted caramel), one 400kcal H&S and Huel bar(s) as snacks to fill out the calories. Which reminds me, I need to order more bars.

1 Like

oooooo okay thanks very much! I’ll give it a go at some point. Hahaha those chocolate orange bars are just :ok_hand:t2:

Not sure if I could go 100% Huel, while I like the bars as snacks and my Lunch has been replaced by Huel (and after workout shake) I still like to have porridge for breakfast and a bigger meal in the evening.

I only occasionally do 100% Huel days. More often than not it’s a couple of Huel meals a day.

2 Likes