Breakfast With a Dose of Roundup?

New study that claims glyphosate levels to be above limits in most conventional (not organic) oatmeals. Just dropping it here to discuss it.

As an aside to that… I live in Glastonbury. My local council…which is Green of course…has banned glyphosphate and was on the national news this week regarding it.

1 Like

I’ve read several things lately that say yes, it’s detected, but not at levels anyone thinks is likely to be problematic. So even if Heul does use oats from these sources, we should still be fine.

Can you list your refs please? I still would like to hear the official opinion from Huel though.

1 Like

@Tim_Huel @JamesCollier

is Huel free of glyphosphate?

I imagine that article is more related to the United States, where GM corn and soy (and probably wheat) are grown. I’ve never heard of GM oats.

Glyphosates are commonly used weed killers and traces are commonly found in foods in minute amounts. We regularly analyse our products for a range of potential contaminants including glyphosates. The daily allowable amount of glyphosate is 1.7mg/kg of body weight in the US and 0.3mg/kg in the EU and the levels of glyphosates in Huel products are well within these limits. The highest level found per 100g Huel powder was 0.6ppm which is 100 times less than the US limit and 20 times less than the EU level

We and our suppliers routinely examine our raw materials, and these are also well below allowable levels. Indeed, glyphosate levels in Huel products are often absent altogether, for example in our Gluten-Free Huel glyphosates are undetectable. All Huel products are safe to consume and enjoy.

11 Likes

^^^ This is great to hear

1 Like